Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

This show is extremely my poo poo so far. I hope they can keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Oasx posted:

It is a show that features people with superpowers, it is going to be put in the genre show box and get completely overlooked. Better shows than Legion have been snuffed because of this, a good example is John Noble on Fringe.

I'll take that bet, easy.

That stigma and the lame-rear end genre arguments that it produces are beginning to fade, and more importantly, this show is so loving nuts it makes it really difficult to view it as a standard superhero show within the first episode, and only further rejects genre (and all other) conventions as it continues. In fact, that rejection itself is likely to be what gives it its reach.

Hawley's already made his name with the critics with Fargo, and Plaza, the most mainstream actor on the cast, puts on the drat performance of her life. It's already picking up a lot of attention among non-nerds, and FX is completely cleaning up in general right now, so people are paying attention. I'm not gonna pretend like I know poo poo about TV awards, and this show might not get as much widespread love as I think it deserves (cuz I'm a huge loving Stan, clearly), but I really can't believe this show will be overlooked.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Someone needs to take that gun away from Ptonomy