Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Holy poo poo that pilot was amazing. I'm all in.

ukle posted:

Its possibly the best 'superhero' TV/film ever made, just that beach scene blew away anything from the X-men movies, never mind the rest of the program. The whole program was outstanding and completely bizarre yet made sense - even though its obvious everything is not as it seems.

Only issue is there is no way the rest of the series is going to keep that standard up.

Critics who reviewed later eps admit they seem quaint directing-wise compared to Hawley's pilot, but the writing will remain strong so I'm okay with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Loved the premiere, love that the show's back. Dance off was fantastic.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Shitenshi posted:

Don't need permission to do that methinks. Just wondering if after watching, there was a me problem or a show problem, and clearly it's the latter. Thanks all.

You asked the thread if it was you or the show that had a problem, everyone said it was you, from that you concluded it was the show.

Cool, bye.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

sicDaniel posted:

Where is Syd missing an arm? If that happened I completely missed it.

I have no idea what happened and I loved it.

Future Syd with the light brush was missing her other arm.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Future Syd was also wearing the compass David had just given Present Syd. I dunno if that helps prove or disprove she was fake.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I kept thinking the cow was Syd the whole Ep and was waiting for David to figure it out.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

So It Goes posted:

So did Syd’s mom just literally never touch her child ever? How does she not know or ever find about about her child’s ability. When did Syds ability even become active?

Of course her mom knew. Why else would she spoon her child in bed using a pillow as a buffer?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

So yea that's a totally naked Aubry Plaza on basic cable. Not complaining but I didn't realize FX could get away with that

And that was 100% not what I was expecting.

FX shows bare rear end all the time. No big deal.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Yeah it really felt like they were going for a "Uh oh David's turned now guys and he doesn't realize it, he's the bad guy now!" ending and they muddied it up with a lot of weird shenanigans in that last scene.

Good setup for S3 though. Should be fun!

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Great premiere. Has me pumped for the show again.

Anyone else recognize Switch as Lauren from Terrace House Aloha State? Just me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Holy poo poo this season has been so good.

I want so badly for them to stick the landing.