Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, she's like a 20-something incel virgin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

One thing I'm stoked about we'll probably see more of "The Eye," since David has a penchant for absorbing the psyches/powers of those he's killed

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, sadly, the majority of people I know know who legion is.

The comics aren't that bad. They probably watched Batman V Superman or Justice League, or worse suicide squad, Legion [The TV Show/really any form] is way better than that

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

He wasn't always in a wheelchair, but I also doubt it's Professor X

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, I didn't get the impression Farouk "got it." I think his chuckle was just him reacting to what he perceived as an idle threat

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'd imagine David and Syd have to work their poo poo out, most likely David has to come clean and get forgiveness from Syd. Desolé can be both "desert [desolation]" or "sorry. [Je suis desolé]"

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I was wondering about that, too, but I can't say I'm totally sure it's actually them, like it may actually be some other character [probably not]

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I thought Patrick Stewart was down for some Legions?

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Gravity Cant Apple posted:

Can Ian McKellen come, too? They'd probably already be hanging out.

that would be so cute, just let these old fuckers have some fun

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Cugel the Clever posted:

This was also my quibble with season 2. The weird poo poo going on in season one was much more seamlessly incorporated and added character to the world. Season 2's weird poo poo tended more toward the unexplained non-sequitur.

Agreed. Season 1 was amazing, and the weird stuff seemed to make more sense. Season 2 seems more like the weird stuff is more for the director to have fun than for the viewer to have fun.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Yeah, no one does. But this show did definitely portray at least two rapes, so it's gonna be a topic of discussion

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Whoa, I had been listening to Superorganism's "Something For Your M.I.N.D." a lot recently, so hearing it here was a bit of a trip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPS-Cq4uMFs

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

eke out posted:

oh god they're doing the "david meddling with his own past drove his mother crazy" thing aren't they

I feel like that could've partially been it, but it also seem like Future David also accidentally distracted Xavier enough so that Farouk was able to slip in and take total control of Baby David

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It does line up with comics pretty well. Gabrielle Haller in the comics was a catatonic holocaust survivor in a mental institution, and Xavier used his powers to help her, and fell in love. But Xavier was just visiting the institution, and not committed

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I love how this show uses practical effects. Any other show would've made those Blue Meanies pure CGI, and they probably would've looked fine, but probably not much better than your run-of-the-mill video game monster.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

It may not even needed to really be "growth." It really does seem like a smart move for Farouk to just not gently caress with Xavier or his son, let them be. Farouk gets to live on in his body havin' a good ole time, and all he really has to worry about is steering clear of those guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

IUG posted:

Kindof hosed up for Switch to say that everyone in that room mattered, and not say Kerry/Carrie's name.

Yeah, I thought that was an odd slight as well. They were pretty clearly quite vital to that plan actually being able to go off, and it's not like they didn't have the time to say "And Kerry/Carrie"

But I suppose they were about to be un-existed anyway, and it wouldn't really matter