Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

This episode is one of the best single episodes of tv I've ever seen. Dan stevens is really good in this role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the jane's addiction song that i couldn't remember the name of and it was bothering me all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brQ-EWzgEX0

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the last scene of the show is david in a hospital bed catatonic, and it's all just one big hallucination

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Gravy Jones posted:

I have enjoyed two episodes of this television show. It is good.

I read somewhere that Lenny was written as a middle aged guy and Aubrey Plaza only agreed todo the role if they didn't change any of the character's dialogue for her. This amuses me.

cool, I hope this is true

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is probably my second favorite episode after the pilot but the editing during the final scene was kind of hokey. looking forward to more beat poet jemaine in the future.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING
                           /
                          /

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

jemaine better be in the next episode dammit

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i liked everything about this episode except the silent part, which seemed forced to me (but i'm a oval office) although the sound editing coming out of that part was good.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i just realized the eye was in fargo season 2. i knew he looked familiar

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Medullah posted:

As was Melanie and Syd. :)

those were a bit more obvious but yes

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

etalian posted:

plant man is the real hero of the series

plant man is my daily inspiration

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

IS IT 10PM EDT YET

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

i kind of liked the eye and wanted to learn more about his back story/see more of him as villain before he died

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Hollismason posted:

loving LOL at Episode 7 and the rational mind being British ( Dan Stevens is super British although I don't think that is his actual voice). I'm watching this on Hulu so I am always a few days behind.

Wow, this is fantastic. He even does a Patrick Stewart impression.

i laughed a lot at that and then had to explain myself to the people i was watching with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

IMHO they should've played up the ambiguity of whether sk could actually kill david if they ejected him, or whether it was a trick in syd's head.

wouldve also liked more conversation between mr. burns and david, esp. exploring the affection he seems to have for david.

cut a couple of minutes of intro burn victim melodrama for it.