Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am unbelievably excited for this show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That was a great pilot. Can't wait to see where they take this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I laughed when he first said that out loud.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So what's the deal with the mirrors/reflections?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

You read wrong. This is not connected to the movie universe at all. The producers confirmed it's entirely separate universe of its own. The new X-Men show on Fox from Matt Nix that's in pre-production now is the one that is tying into films.

Literally everything I've read on this subject from the producers or Hawley says the exact opposite - that while it's meant to be standalone and may not end up tying into other properties, it's still very much part of the shared X-Men universe.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah, that's much clearer than anything I'd read previously, specifically the Xavier bit. I know Singer said it definitely would be connected last year so sounds like they were confused between themselves.

Anyway it not being connected to the film universe is by far my preference so woop

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Syd isn't Rogue. Rogue doesn't have mind-swap powers.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I think we will find out at the very end of the season that Syd isn't real and that will be the big twist.

Speculation, but did we ever find out how she got out of the asylum after waking up back there? Could be she was killed after that and she's been fake ever since.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It's not the early 70s. It isn't set in a specific period.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
^^^^^^^ yep

If it wasn't probably over the character limit for usernames I legit would change mine to"SHUT UP ABOUT UTOPIA"

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Might be time to duck out of this thread

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Story is great, effects are great, just reel in some of the cinematography and I'll be on board. Mr. Robot got it right, this beats you over the head with it for seemingly no reason.

Because it's rad, a hell of a lot of fun, and helps you get inside the main character's head

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
complaining that something is "too wes anderson" is almost always shorthand for "i'm joyless"

i mean the dance sequence IS totally unnecessary even from a showing things through david's fractured mind perspective imo but it's a blast/mindfuck in keeping with the show so who cares

e: VVV also this

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 12, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Weren't you one of the pretentious Taboo people? seems somewhat hypocritical.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

There's no puzzle about Taboo. The narrative has been pretty straight forward so far. Unless you're one of the people who posts about TV in this forum, who'd have a hard time following an episode of Wishbone without asking two or three clarifying questions in the megathread.

More the *INTELLECTUAL* than the puzzle bit.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but Hawley is trustworthy

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
why is the protagonist of the show about a guy with mental illness so crazy ffs

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
what does this have to do with comic books

e: has he even made a big deal AT ALL about wanting to kiss her? like he does it in ep 1 because he's a mentally ill weirdo but then powers etc and he doesn't say anything since?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
aubrey plaza has been loving excellent in this show so far though?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
basically rape imo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

sector_corrector posted:

You don't have to spoil stuff that's happened and that we've all seen. You don't have to loving spoil your idiot speculation. Just don't loving use spoiler tags at all.

man....you gotta calm down a little

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It does look kind of a lot like Peter Kay.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gohmak, did you want it as an avatar? because if not I'd love to use that.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got that frog gif down to avatar size, would love suggestions for quotes from the show so far to go underneath!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Looten Plunder posted:

Can you post the avatar sized one because I'd like to steal it too

best be for another forum mah'fucker:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Psychonauts the TV show is a great comparison haha

anyway yeah this show is pretentious as hell and the plot moves slow but I absolutely love those things about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
THIS SHOW IS AMAZING

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People seem to like him in horror movie The Guest. He's also playing Beast in the Hermione BatB thing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

gently caress yes

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This was the first episode where the weirdness tipped over into actively annoying imo. Shame :(

e: but not the dance and final scenes those were rad as poo poo. mainly I just think this shouldn't have taken up an entire episode

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Mar 16, 2017

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Haha this was the first time I saw that guy. Is he in other episodes?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Would be way better without the text

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Agreed, no need to make a statement when you have an amazing gif like that. :D

I meant the text on the gif but this also yes. I kinda regret putting text on mine tbh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Coincidence. She only met the Summerland people when they took "David" when they were body-swapped, and then she was in the car with them when they switched back.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Fantastic episode. Although I think I missed what the deal with that Rudy guy was.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ah cool, thanks!

If anyone still wants a Legion av I'm sure some of Plaza's expressions during the b/w silent bit would make for great avatars.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth, I have 0 Photoshop skill and can't make avatars, I was just suggesting things. Sorry :ohdear:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Robot is not in any way a "comic book show", and I wouldn't call it a genre show either. What's the genre? "hacking"?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

Techno-thriller?

This one is the closest I come to agreeing with but I still don't think that makes it a genre piece as opposed to a drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That's an offshoot of science fiction which Mr. Robot most definitely is not