Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It can contain cyberpunk and techno-thriller themes without actually being either of those things. If I was being super descriptive I'd call it a character drama with a techno-thriller bent, but if we're just putting it in one category I'd have to go for drama. Especially after season 2, which is far less about the hacking stuff.

ANYWAY LEGION FINALE TONIGHT YEEEEAH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
To use AV Club's favourite terminology......Noah Hawley has a finale problem.

Seriously, we had 7 episodes of the most visually stylish/unique show on television and then the most stylised thing in this finale is.....a bunch of slo-mo?

I felt it was sorta boring tbh. Everything this season and the big showdown just came down to magic energy field and David making gurning faces. Excited for s2 and the Clement/Plaza double-act though

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BJPaskoff posted:

I didn't realize Matt Berry and Jemaine Clement were two different people until your post, when it all clicked. I recognized Jemaine Clement's voice as the guy from Darkplace - a show I saw many years ago on Adult Swim at like 2 AM so my memories were hazy - but it turns out it's two similar looking actors with very similar British accents and voice inflections.

Jemaine Clement is from New Zealand.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

flosofl posted:

Do people think he Matt Berry look like each other? I don't really see it, but concede others might.

Not really. He wears a similar outfit in this show to the one Matt Berry wears in his Community episode, but that's about it.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
don't post about how sexy you find television characters you weirdo

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grem posted:

Ok movies I might actually care about then.

e: maybe I meant lead? I dunno

Safety Not Guaranteed is a good movie you should check it out. Also she is the lead in that and Life After Beth.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Greg Poehler is good in that You Me Her show.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I dunno how I feel about this season yet but it’s still fun to watch and glorious to look at. Loved the fight scene in this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is this ending as bad as it sounds

Because it sounds loving awful