Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Dan Stevens is possibly my favorite actor in the world and this was awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
It does seem like Syd should be real. Since they did swap places and the bad guy wants Syd as well.

Telekinetic guy, Tommy gun guy and emo chick are probably not though!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Honestly I think the show will boil down David is the most powerful mutant alive but he is also crazy. I mean having all that poo poo happen to him over the years? That poo poo makes you crazy.

Ornithology posted:

Just watched The Guest on this thread's recommendation and it was one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I would kill you irl if I could.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Second season I hope we can get a small cameo of Magneto wanting to recruit David and just going "nopenopenopenopenope"

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
This is such a good piece of television (probably the best i've ever seen) and I can't even convince people to watch it. They're like "So its a show about a dude in a mental hospital only he's a mutant?"

Dan Stevens has been a favorite ever since The Guest where he's amazing and Aubrey Plaza is consistently great in everything she's in. But this? Them? If they don't win ALL the awards then I dont know what.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So where the gently caress can I stream this if I live in Europe? It's hilarious that such a great show is so unavailable.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Rewatching this with my girlfriend. Or rather my ex girlfriend because that gently caress didn't like this show. Fucker makes me sit through greys anatomy and she thinks this is bad.

(I kid but she really has horrible taste in what she watches)

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I. Uh.

I think I rewatched the season finale intro like fourteen times. It might just be the greatest piece of television ever.

Season two was good. I'm glad I waited until I could binge the whole thing though or I would've been annoyed at the slow pace.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
It’s probably not to everyone’s liking. But I’ve followed David and Farouk for two whole seasons and it’s just amazing that I had chills from the start to the finish when they had their first real confrontation. And the callback to the sword in the stone (?) is great since that is something I still go back and watch for its brilliance.

Ahh. I’m gushing. But I just don’t have anyone to watch these shows with so you’ll have to bear it.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Someone remind me and I sure could be wrong but he only removed her memory of one sequence of events to make her forget that he was a bad guy. (That is sorta also not really confirmed that he is)

It’s only implied that he made her love her from the start right?

It’s still mindrape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
No I agree my big question was “did he make her fall in love with him to start with?”