Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

lokipunk posted:

I've never posted in TV before, wasn't sure how spergy people get about spoilers.

He's not saying don't use spoilers, just spoiler the whole drat paragraph and have a precursor saying "Episode 2 discussion" or something. The way you did it is goofy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

mrking posted:

I got the impression that David was unconsciously repressing the memories they were trying to view, which manifested as time jumps. Then when they look closer he takes them all back to his childhood bedroom with that creepy rear end book.

I thought that's exactly what it was. They were looking at a memory of a therapy session when they saw the time jump. In that therapy session, David was talking with his doctor about his girlfriend leaving. She left because of his telekinetic explosion in the kitchen. He is repressing that telekinetic activity, and any thought of it, so instead of seeing that they just saw a time jump, and then after trying a second time just a brief flash of the kitchen incident. The memory guy says he'll get them there but David is so strong and so loving up that somehow he takes everyone back to his bedroom.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

THIS SHOW IS AMAZING

I'm so pissed you got that avatar idea first. I've been due for a change for a while and loving love that frog image.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Dark Off posted:

you mean young david levitating off from his bed right?

I can't tell if I'm getting whooshed or not here.

Why would that be what he's talking about? That's super obvious and the main focus of the eye in the scene, he is clearly referencing something else.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Catsplosion posted:

The angry boy chases Syd and young David towards the vent and then the demon slinks through the vent after them. I think the angry boy was a way the parents used to control the demon they knew was inside of David (or possibly his power in their eyes) but the demon was far too powerful to be ruled by davids fear and is now using that against him. It's pretty clear the parents drilled that story into his mind often before bed.

Considering you can't trust that a single memory of David's actually happened I'm not sure how you can say that's pretty clear. Unless I zoned out in the last episode and it was made clear that it was real, which is possible. Did Amy mention something about it?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This show somehow even makes an exposition dump unbelievably good.

My god. That classroom sequence.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

What the gently caress

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

What a loving episode of television.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Ah cool, thanks!

If anyone still wants a Legion av I'm sure some of Plaza's expressions during the b/w silent bit would make for great avatars.

I want an av of Plaza mock shooting herself in the head, I loved that.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

You're a prince among men.

Now the question is what text, if any? Maybe: "And your mind? Well, I could give a poo poo about your mind."

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Mar 24, 2017

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Dragonrah posted:

"Oh Yeah, I was killing you."

But you need to add the head tilt from the other girls.

gently caress, I actually just did that but I didn't include the head tilt for the other girls. I still like it though.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

SK being a hedonist and ending up in Oliver is pretty funny. Almost a little too on the nose.

Someone please explain something to me, because I think I missed something. I thought they fired a missile at the house. They were holding off for a while but then the military guy ordered it. What ever happened to that? Or could it not have been a missile, but instead was the post-credit device?

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Mar 30, 2017

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

The entire point of the show is to confuse you in terms of time and place. There's a 70s aesthetic but then you see tablets, they are driving on the right side of the car but also the right side of the road. I assumed they are in the US but you can't really even assume that, the whole point is to just make you feel displaced, like David is.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

I also understand a ton of peoples avatars now.

Yes, good. Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

Gifted's super isn't either. We've only seen like one brief action scene in Runaways so far and I'm not gonna write it off just yet.

The team power reveal scene in Runaways is one of the worst things I've ever seen. Unbelievably bad. I feel like its the closest you can get to ruining a show with one scene it was so bad.