Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The poll
CON AIR
Fifth Element
Face/Off
Jurassic Park 2
Air Force One
Double Team
007 Tomorrow Never Dies
The Jackal
MORTAL KOMBAT ANNHILATION
Starship Troopers
The Saint
Speed 2
Kevin Sorbo's Kull The Conqueror
Men In Black
Mr. Nice Guy
View Results

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well don't worry, there's hasn't been a single movie made in the last 18 years that's better than the matrix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
I'm a big fan of The Peacemaker. Clooney is so mean in that movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avXk2EamFs4

Naz al-Ghul
Mar 23, 2014

Honorarily Japanese
I have to vote Jurassic Park 2. The movie was garbage, but the climax of the film made the entire movie worth it.

Narzack
Sep 15, 2008
No way 5th Element is a better action movie than Face/Off. Better overall film, maybe, but not as an action genre piece. No way.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The action in Face/Off is not memorable to me for some reason. I remember there was a brawl in the magnetic boot prison but nothing from the fight itself and I'll never forget the most obvious stuntmen ever flying off the boat in the end but that's it. I actually remember a lot of shots from the movie but not during the action.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Narzack posted:

No way 5th Element is a better action movie than Face/Off. Better overall film, maybe, but not as an action genre piece. No way.

Thank you

metallicaeg
Nov 28, 2005

Evil Red Wings Owner Wario Lemieux Steals Stanley Cup
I guess I don't "get" Fifth Element. I had watched it for the first time I'd say around a year and a half ago, and I can't give it more than a 6/10. I'm sure my then girlfriend annoyingly saying multipass 10 times leading up to it didn't help, but I can't say it comes anything close to being a great movie.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
i think anybody who didn't vote for Face/Off hasn't seen Face/Off

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
GODDAMMIT I voted for starship troopers before i saw faceoff on the list, i thought it was 98.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Narzack posted:

yea.

fifth element and starship troopers are good movies, but face/off is a better action movie

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

metallicaeg posted:

I guess I don't "get" Fifth Element. I had watched it for the first time I'd say around a year and a half ago, and I can't give it more than a 6/10. I'm sure my then girlfriend annoyingly saying multipass 10 times leading up to it didn't help, but I can't say it comes anything close to being a great movie.

Futurama meets Captain Planet.

Now I'm going to go rewatch it.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

As Nero Danced posted:

Futurama meets Captain Planet.

With a hefty dose of Die Hard. Can't forget that.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The fifth element is more of a drama.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I cant choose, op. Theres lots of good ones in there.

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
In & Out

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
You don't watch The Fifth Element for the action, you watch it because it's ridiculous in the good way like you want.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

sean10mm posted:

You don't watch The Fifth Element for the action, you watch it because it's ridiculous in the good way like you want.

That sums up about 95% of films with Luc Bessons name attached to them.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Fifth Element is trash. Starship Troopers is one of the greatest movies of all time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

someone good at photoshop combine nicolas cage running away from the explosion in con air with the scene from under the bridge for epic empty quotes

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm a really big fan of the jackal

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
who are the other four peeps who voted for kull?

my DROOGS

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
There's an embarrassing number of movies on this list that I haven't seen, but I have seen Face/Off and can state that it is extremely good

I actually watch the first bit of Lost World a couple nights ago but had been feeling sick all week so I stopped it to sleep, maybe I'll pick up the rest this week

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Control Volume posted:

I'm a really big fan of the jackal

I forgot about this one but yeah it's a classic for sure

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
remember in con air when you think they saved the day and then. theres a MOThERFUCKIN chase scene on the famous vegas strip? got me so pumped i had to watch it standing. up the guy behind me in the theater was pissed at first but then he got up too and let me say none of us sat down until nic cage hugged his wifey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Oh, man. The Saint is dumb fun but it can barely hold its own against Air Force One or The Jackal, let alone The Fifth Element or Face/Off.

• Locked thread