Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Abugadu posted:

I loved Fat of the Land, thought it was the peak of Prodigy as Jilted was great, but different, more raw. And everything afterwards just felt phoned in

ytisomauq posted:

I totally agree with you here. Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned could be described exactly this way.

While I don't consider AONO to be very good, the track Girls was way ahead of the curve and I think Liam should have gone all-in with that sound and style for the album, because he was ahead of his peers by about a decade with that tune and it's always seemed like a brief spark of genius that he didn't have the confidence to fully commit to. Seeing that same sound explode on the electro scene so long after Liam had released that track only confirms this. I remember reading about him being nervous and unsure of how to follow-up FOTL, so it's understandable that the album turned out the way that it did since the more-of-the-same approach of Baby's Got A Temper wasn't received well at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread