Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There are only 90 minutes left???

Uhh yes, in that case Artillery, 7th division has no orders posted right now.

I can't do it from my phone.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Apr 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There shouldn't be anyone there as long as the 25th stay to the right of blob, and there's a thin screen of infantry to the north stopping an immediate push south from targeting the guns until they can fire. I don't think you'll accidentally wander into the woods instead of stopping at the edge of it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Even if you bump the 25th the worst that could happen surely is a stubbed toe.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 2, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Use whatever landmarks you feel necessary to minimise the chance of guns back-pedalling into forget de effyaders.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The artillery should be able to direct fire 18" should it not when they fire on the abandoned infantry? They're not doing any good where they are since they can't see out of the valley as far as I understand it.

Edit: that looks about right.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

my dad posted:

Order of fire says no. Artillery shoots first. Infantry shoots last. Lines of sight reset each round.

Oh. Well that's not good.

I am open to suggestions on alternate longer term placement for supporting fire at 0800 / emergency direct fire wall if you have any ideas.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 2, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

my dad posted:

I'll include them giving fire support to the 25th if you want. It should stick by dawn.

Sure.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

After dawn I'm predicting as soon as a German brigade finds you, you get nuked next turn by all the guns and rout / all die. That's a pretty big waste of guys.

If you could be in a slightly further back position on the less active front you might get a day off, or if not won't be the main target and provide supporting rifle fire to a full strength brigade.

Alternate response: Please don't leave me alone with just the artillery. :(

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 2, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

My point is that while it should be, it's just rolling the dice to see if they fire a shot as they are leaving for no reason, due to the increased viewing distance. If that happens we just retreated a bunch of dudes who won't lose fatigue for 2 days+

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Let's just see what happens, I've argued this a few times now and it's getting tedious and definitely isn't useful conversation.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

:siren: Trin, 7th Division :siren:

Tehan will be posting orders on my behalf for this coming update.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Their artillery has been constantly shelling places we were rather than where we actually are up until this point, because we kept moving our men in ways that wouldn't make sense if your turned the table around.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Is that brigade in the final picture searching for our men? Looks like it's going backwards.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Loel posted:

If it was their reinforcement going north, we hit them in the back.

I'm referring to the one our division commander is spotting.

I'm pretty sure the southern one the 20th charged was heading south from stethoscope. Yeah, they did. They moved into the 20th vision range.

If the one up north is going backwards and the southern one is going straight down I'm fairly certain they're panicking about who cut their wires.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 6, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

It was an unfortunate but necessary sacrifice on the altar of comedy.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Orders for 7th Division

Division HQ: No orders.

Artillery: If you have 80%+ chance to hit, keep firing counter-battery. Else, switch to supporting fire. I'm keeping these orders extremely short to avoid breathing down your neck.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Lenoon's artillery hasn't submitted orders yet.

Are any new division elements entering the map?

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

There is an entire new divsion coming in which will probably have a bunch of people going "well i will take command unless someone else who hasn't had a go yet would like to".

Do you want to be counted as one of these people who hasn't had a go yet?

I'm asking because I'm imagining I'm going to be the one sorting it out when it comes down to it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

It's okay lenoon, you wouldn't be firing unless you had an 80%+ chance to hit them like my orders stated! I'm expecting all shells to be direct hits. Now, let's get to a nice spot to observe the impacts. Pay no attention to my batman walking directly behind you with a revolver out.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Apr 8, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Get a message back to HQ; we have an ENTIRE DIVISION occupying the enemy fortress.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Please save some indirect fire for the night phase in case they are betting on us using up all our artillery shells.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

7 "Division" Orders

HQ: No new orders (for the rest of the war probably).

Artillery: If you have any fire missions left, save them for support unless you are accessing the psychic network / shadow world / morphogenetic field to determine where the enemy is. Hold position.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

IMO there's nothing to be done other than wait for it. If we send anyone over there then we're at a major disadvantage, and artillery can only do so much. It's their objective to attack west, so they are forced to do so at some point.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Why is he in la dand though we couldn't figure that out in roll20

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

If there are no other players that haven't had a go yet that would like to, I will apply for either division or brigade commander.

My current command is just telling lenoon to fire the gun so I'm sure I can manage the extra work.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

A is the only sane plan. We can't do anything until they attack unless we have solid intel on where they are weak.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

To help keep command of the units within my command radius and keep a fresh brigade on the center of the south here's my counter-offer of vague not 100% accurate magenta arrows.

Brigade one and two reinforce our trench and cover the southern part of effyaders, and we move Sullat's brigade to the Southern edge of the map. 7th Division artillery retires to a support role and ceases counter-battery for now.

Brigade three plugs the Northern hole.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Comedy option: Send all 3 brigades into Stethoscope

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Tehan posted:

The only orphaned brigade is the artillery that was under the 7th. IMO that can be folded under ARF's new division command to keep things simple.

If it can be done and the 7th Division HQ chit is decommissioned that is fine.

I think it's important we keep the artillery under the existing 8th and 9th divisions though rather than have an artillery division. Everyone clamoring at a single person for artillery support doesn't seem like a good idea.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Sorry I'm doing everything I can guys.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

sullat posted:

So I'll be shifting over to the southern trenches once the reinforcements arrive?

Although, maybe we should keep divisions together. Can join our buddies in the north, don't want to let them have all the fun of attacking enemy fortifications in the dark.

If your commander wants you to walk all the way up there in the middle of an attack so be it.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

I can't find it written anywhere so I ask again, what turn is the division arriving?

Edit: it's turn 40.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Apr 10, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

In case there is no round of orders after this you can all appreciate the effort I went to in updating my banner for my new command.

You're welcome.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

What I meant by my tie comment if that is what you are referring to, is that that is one possible argument for attacking now, but I don't think it is likely. Additionally, even if we metagame attack we do not know the actual scoring mechanism if there even is one. I don't think we should be worrying about ties and focus on not falling back too far while minimising casualties based on the circumstances.

For the thread record I think attacking now is a mistake and doing so may actually cause a tie due to the vagaries of a favourable outcome.

As I stated I'm fairly certain the majority consensus is to hold the line, but you are the commanding officer so we will do what you ask.

It doesn't matter too much since next update is going to turn everything on it's head like it always does anyway.

AbortRetryFail fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 15, 2017

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Just posting to say I'm also curious about how things are going re: running this game, and also posting to say I am still in it whenever it should start up again.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

While we wait here is some fan art I made in the video game Passpartout of our hero cutting the enemy lines of communication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Alright, I'm heading into Germanland because IMO if we are continuing this later we probably wouldn't be continuing from this round. And I want to see their reaction to the cut LoC

• Locked thread