Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Calling 52nd brigade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Some sort of presence on the tall hill in the southwestern quadrant of the map should make it easier for us to spot (and/or blow the hell out of) any German advance, right?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Confirmation post for the Roll20, mon général! :france:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Général de brigade Comrade Koba

Orders for 52nd Brigade

Brigade will enter the field deployed in the formation below:

Brigade will then march towards La Cote, as indicated by the arrow. Cavalry company will move ahead of the main column and scout the advance.

Upon reaching the objective, the brigade will take up positions on the easternwestern half of La Cote, as pictured below.

Brigade will defend La Cote until any nearby enemy units have been destroyed or driven off.

When La Cote is deemed to be secure, the brigade will first move into the forest northeast of Baguette. When this area is secured, the brigade will march on towards Saint Croissant.

The brigade will take up positions in the city and on its western side. The cavalry company and three infantry companies will set up in Bois de Gooneville to defend against any flanking maneuvers.

Standing orders

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Keep moving along original path
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Pursue the enemy
Break Off automatically when: 2/3 casualties are taken

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Feb 15, 2017

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Good formating, but you're taking the wrong route north. Please check with Staff Officer Slim Pickens for remedial orienteering.

quote:

52nd Brigade Objectives

Scout and secure La Cote Ridge
If La Cote is threatened, destroy enemy forces, then move into the forest south of Pasteur ridge
Reinforce or support the assault on Saint Croissant
Secure St Croissant against counter attack
(secondary) Maintain contact with 53rd Brigade

These were the orders given; no particular route to the objective was specified.

In the future, try to include any specifics with the orders so us brigade commanders don't have to flip through the entire thread and double check the Roll20 to make sure we didn't miss something. :)

Will try to amend the orders, but I'm not sure I'll have the time to do it today.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

My original orders have been amended and extended.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Confirming that this is a legitimate instruction. I appreciate that you have other duties to attend to, General Koba, but some time in the Roll20 planning salon might help make the intent of our strategy a little clearer for you.

I was under the impression that all units would enter, in turn, from the corner marked "French point of entry". Misunderstanding now clarified, orders amended again.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Trin Tragula posted:

Official Historian's Survey: Turn 0

1. How do you feel the planning for this battle has gone, in general?

Pretty good. Some things were unclear about the rules, but I think that's been sorted by now.

2. How confident are you in the plans and orders that you personally have laid for this battle?

The great Napoleon himself couldn't have done better. :france:

3. How confident are you in fulfilling the various objectives set by the Army Commander?

Fairly confident. There are some critical points, but even if something unexpected happens the situation should be salvageable.

4. Is there any one aspect of the battle that seems to you will be most critical, on which success or failure is most likely to turn?

Securing Saint-Croissant.

5. Thinking optimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

We secure Saint-Croissant, Sanglant Femme and Pasteur Ridge. Then it's on to wine and croissants in Berlin.

6. Thinking pessimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

The Germans will overwhelm us at La Cote, then outflank us. France is lost, Paris will fall, the Élysée Palace is turned into a sausage factory. :smithicide:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Orders for 52nd Brigade

At the first available opportunity, brigade will move towards La Cote and regroup.

Any remaining companies will form up on La Cote ridge and act as a screen for the artillery deployed there.

(Not sure exactly how many of my companies survived, but I want them all deployed on the ridge)

Standing orders

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Pursue the enemy

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Feb 21, 2017

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

my dad posted:

I think you also have an artillery chit? There's a supressed one on the ridge. Might be worth placing it on top of the ridge.

I think that's a machinegun, but you're right, I forgot that one. I'll try to update the map.

EDIT: Done.

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 21, 2017

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Orders for 52nd Brigade

Brigade will pull back from La Cote, moving towards the western part of the Clemenceau foothils as indicated by the arrow.

Upon arrival, brigade will deploy as indicated below and entrench their position as quickly as possible.

Standing orders

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

my dad posted:

:siren: Comrade Koba :siren: should modify his plan to fit his division commander's orders once they are posted.

thatbastardken posted:

General de Division Tebeka

52e, 53e and 120e are to move at best possible speed, maintaining cover at all times, to the western edge of the Clemenceau foothills. When you arrive HOLD POSITION until otherwise ordered. (Priority Order)

Was this not the orders for the current turn? :confused:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Just letting everyone know I'm not dead, will post orders for 52e ASAP.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Orders for 52nd Brigade

After night has fallen, 52e brigade will advance into Bois de Baguette and entrench.

Standing orders

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

52e Provisional Orders

No change in orders, keep fortifying position.

Same standing orders.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

:stonk:

Provisional Orders for 52e Brigade

Start digging trenches, don't stop until we're so goddamn deep down we can send a runner to the ANZAC for reinforcements.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ready to lead yet another brigade of pixelmans to death or glory.

Edit: another vote for my dad

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 6, 2017

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

If we blow the southernmost bridge, won't that pretty much force them to advance directly into any ambushes we may prepare in Foret de Effadyers and Bois de Blob?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

AbortRetryFail posted:

Engineers arrive late and will take 12 turns to rig the bridge to blow. See the engineer stuff in Trin's post. It makes destroying the bridges on their end not something we can realistically do at the start of the game without knowing their force composition, and it's not really something we can plan for at this stage.

Uh, right...maybe we could have the engineers ride shotgun in the armored cars? :downs:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

I'd like an infantry brigade, so I guess I'll just wait by the sidelines until reinforcements turn up. :britain:

Comrade Koba fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

thatbastardken posted:

Comrade Koba, do you want to act as 7th Division X) until a brigade command becomes available? Respond in the form of a poem.

Roses are red
A poilu's coat is blue
Rhyming is for degenerate Frenchmen
I'll just wait for an infantry brigade, thank you! :britain:

• Locked thread