Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gah, you fall asleep for all of, holy poo poo, 13 hours (must have been tired yesterday) and wake up to no chance of commands, I suppose I shall have to wait for the BEF!

Edit: by which I mean
reserve brigade please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

What are you talking about? We'll sweep the prussians out of la belle pays at the point of a bayonet and we'll all be home drinking cognac by the fire by Christmas!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

119th reserve brigade "Janterer's elévès"

A startled subaltern pipes up around the planning table:

Sirs! The cent Dix neuf brigade stands ready and willing to sweep the boche into Alsace!

But.... the plan sirs. In leveé training we were told to concentrate our forces. Don't these plans commit us to fighting on the broadest possible front? If we are moving on the railway from the east, doesn't it make sense to present a front running north-south in great force rather than stringing us out east-west? After all sirs, the result of one brigade against one is linear, while two against one is quadratic!

The subaltern stands rigid at attention and trembles nervously

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Make a limit on conditional orders per brigade: if x then y, if a then b. Possibly if c then d as well, but two step would probably be a workable solution.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ok I am back from a weekend of rugby and will be getting on the roll d20 and doing all that sort of thing as soon as I return to my computer messenger pigeon coop

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Edit: some stuff what was wrong was here

lenoon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 15, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

*reserve battalion mumbles about "recall" and "can't be expected to remember training, I'm a farmer not a soldier, scared blue and death of my life!"*

119th Reserve Battalion

After entering the field, proceed to position shown below, then follow the black arrow to Le Cote and Baguende.

Deploy as shown below, with 75mm guns unlimbering on the outskirts of Baguende, with fields of fire to the NW. Infantry arrayed as shown on the slope below. Brigade command should be in range of central infantry units.

Edit: I completely forgot to move the 75mms that appear to be in the town. I would appreciate them being on the outskirts. If there's a ranging or LOS problem there, I'm sorry but won't get a chance to amend the map before the deadline.

Rifles:

Dig in, fire on any enemy target in range

Engineers:

Dig in, deploy barbed wire NE-SW along the infantry line. Free to restock when necessary.

75mms:

Fire on any enemy target on Pasteur ridge, or along the road line along the ridge. IF enemy is present in these positions, fire until enemy is no longer present. IF enemy is elsewhere, fire provisional on brigade HQ orders.

ALL: IF enemy targets are on Le Cote before we arrive, 75mm guns open fire, all ranks fix bayonets and charge.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Feb 16, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

my dad posted:

You put your artillery in the town. Artillery can't shoot out of towns. I would like to politely ask you to read the rules, General Lenoon.

You might also want to consider slightly altering the placement of the MG, as it 's blocking your artillery lines of fire somawhat dude to being on the hilltop

It was an attempt to put them on the outskirts - I think I specified that. Read the rules, but where on the town blob is the outskirts and where is the edge?

They look pretty outskirts-ish, but I'll move them a bit when I get back from work.

Edit:

quote:

Deploy as shown below, with 75mm guns unlimbering on the outskirts

Will this do?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Made a tiny edit to my orders because work stuff meant I haven't had a chance to slightly amend my maps, apologies.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Woah I did not expect to wake up to that. Will hang out in the roll20 when at work, but my dad the 119th stands absolutely ready to strike at the supply lines of the Hun!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We can walk, walk! up that ridge, arms linked and singing la marseilles!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Mais la gloire!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Edit: These orders are no longer valid pending a runner and corresponding change of orders.

Old orders posted:

my dad posted:

Then again, you are a reserve brigade, so the caution may prove to be prudent.

Je ne pense pas, mon général

119th Reserve Brigade Orders

As these orders will look very simple without the enemy, let's have a look at the general espirit:

Ok, orders.

75mm

Fire on targets of opportunity. Ideally, support advance of 119th Brigade to the west.

Engineers
Advance along red Engineer line, block road, put down barbed wire at the first black mark outside of Nainville.

When done, follow white line to second black mark, block road, if supplies allow, put down barbed wire outside of Boulecourt.

Attempt to resupply barbed wire if possible in Boulecourt. When done, follow blue line to third black mark.

Rifles, MG and Brigade Command

Toujours l'audace, a outrance!

Advance along red line. Advancing fire on enemy targets. If enemy is still present in the wood, fix bayonets and charge.[/b] .
If enemy retreats suppressed, pursue into 7.7's

When enemy is all dead in the woods advance along white line. Take baguette and Defend. Deploy as shown. Fire on any enemy.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Feb 21, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

my dad posted:

If I may kindly suggest doing the roadblock/barbed wire on the side of town closer to the German deployment zone to avoid giving them free protection there. Also, please be specific about where you want barbed wire and where you want roadblocks, or if you want barbed wire if possible, roadblock if not.

Ahhhhh I wasn't sure what a roadblock/barbed wire would do - will amend orders.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

my dad posted:

Basically, the idea is that if the Germans get reinforcements from off map in that direction, the roadblock would disrput their marching formation, and a barbed wire would do that, plus give them an extra delay while they go around it.

There we are, I think I sorted the timings of engineer operations.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSo9CC2wKVI

Farewell, my wife, farewell, Marie,
I am going with Rosalie.

You stand, you weep, you look at me—
But you know the rights of Rosalie,

And she calls, the mistress of men like me!
I come, my little Rosalie,

My white-lipped, silent Rosalie,
My thin and hungry Rosalie!

lenoon fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Feb 18, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I feel like my hilariously overconfident orders are 100% period correct and as such I have absolutely no worries at all. Vive la France!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I like how the spirit of this has devolved perfectly from "waltz on and seize objectives" to "ne passé pas!"

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

No more talking about this in the milhist thread! It's like taking a day trip to neutral Switzerland and loudly chatting about battle plans in the local bierhof!

https://youtu.be/Iu6YFBQOB3c

lenoon fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 20, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

Runner (When Available) to General Lenoon, 119e:

Advance NW, but do NOT proceed beyond Pasteur Woods. Support 55e. Maintain your force through defensive posture when engaging.

Oui, Monsieur!

119th Brigade Orders

Move west towards pasteur woods.
Keep the guns in command range of the brigade HQ, Trin please forgive the lack of images due to the fact the brigadier is "at work".

Advance, do not break off to fire.

75mms Fire on targets of opportunity

Infantry deploys as shown below:

Infantry brigades in wood should be within 1 inch of the edge, allowing them to shoot out. MG should be within one inch of NW corner of woods, allowing fire through northern and western infantry chits.

Assume defensive stance, fire on any germans in range.

Engineers, begin deploying barbed wire as soon as possible, along the red-white-blue line. Once complete, assume position at extreme southern end of infantry line.

No retreat from this position.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 21, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

General de Division Tebeka

Ugh, this incredibly expensive and aesthetically pleasing scented letter writing paper seems to have retained an impression of my earlier draft order. That might be confusing for General Lenoon. Let me just spell it out in solid ink:

Do Not leave your guns behind.

Amended, can't change the image until 5pm+ as at work - depends on when the deadline is.

edit: hurrah, edited photo on phone

lenoon fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 21, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gentlemen, are we meeting in the war room for un cognac and une petite panic

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

My only regret is that My men have but one life to lay down for France

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

How certain are we of the German objective? It seems like with the BEF arriving in the SW corner, the reserves are very much free to sweep in as general mon Pere suggests.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

If the BEF is about to arrive in what they no doubt call Quarterpoos, then any boche bicycles headed that way are about to get un reveil brutal du anglais

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Softly wafting over the hill comes:

Excuse me sarge, why does the left'nunt keep orn callin it Catre-paus whennits obviously quarterpoos

You orrible little man, the lieutenant says Catre-paus because he his han heducated hofficer! Eee can speak the Kings English whereas hyou don't know breakfast from yer bloody harsehole private! and which hofficer gave yoo permission to open yoor bloody trap?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I am sneakily hoping for a BEF cavalry brigade because having the life guards come in swords drawn would be the most incredibly 1914 thing in a battle that's already featured all the hallmarks of early ww1

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

That was my thought pretty much exactly. Situation looks good, if rather bloody. Doesn't seem to be all that much boche left, unless there's some hiding out somewhere we can't see like the cowards they are. Soon the fair soil of France will be free of the invader, the war will be over and we can all go home!

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

By the time you get home the heroes invalides of the 119th will have cornered the market on donated garters

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I'm on my phone on the bus - who needs orders?

my dad posted:

Inbetween now and Trin posting, anyone is authorized to chime in for the missing orders. (No, observers, you don't count)

55e emergency orders

As per general Tebeka's orders, entrench on the spot. Engage enemies in range with rifle fire. Remain on defensive stance.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Ah mon Pere general, you mistake me for my dissolute identical twin brother, who is also called Reneé.

He is the communist, I am a dedicated soldier waiting for a command!

If I don't get one, the patriots will kill me. Of course if I do, the boche will kill me. And if I stay at home and my wife finds out about my affaire dangeroux avec the waitress, she will kill me.

Edit: looks like I've finally found a suitable idea for my portrait for the next one

lenoon fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 27, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

We await!

lenoon fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 27, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Gentlemen. Though we are clearly poised at the very brink of victory, and the enemy has been scrambled from l'oeuf and driven from Dejeuner, they still hold the last, vital piece of the ensemble breakfast francais. Gentlemen, it is time to:

lenoon fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 28, 2017

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

xthetenth posted:

Edit the image?

walla! as they say in PYF

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Boss is coming, look lively lads

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I love the idea of having no battlefield overviews. Really excellent.

And well done to the BEF and Mon Pere! At least now we've got them possibly bottled up in st croissant - now how do we win?

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

xthetenth posted:

A copy of whichever play it is (I think Shakespierre or whatever it is) it takes to understand what that British guy was talking about a "band of brothers" for

In that order.

Thanks.

Henry V - probably not so suitable for a French general to say to his troops on the eve of battle.

https://youtu.be/680NlRI3v2I

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I've read dozens of conscription tribunal minutes where old fat men far from the front try to use "for he today who sheds his blood with me shall be my brother be he ne'er so vile this day shall gentle his condition" to force men into the grinder.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Sign me up once again good man pip pip tally ho and all that larks

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

I would like a modest promotion to main line brigade if possible. Certainement my internationalist leanings make me unsuitable for higher command!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Brigade commander of possible - will be in on the roll20 after work

• Locked thread