Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

xthetenth posted:

My Dad I think it makes way more sense for all of us to shift north, it lets us concentrate our MGs up there where their reach is needed most and it means we aren't awkwardly fussing about if they come in. Plus I don't have to move companies out of the forward positions. Tell me if you want to change this order, but you'll have to provide the image for me. As far as I can tell I have a CMD chit, an MG chit, and 9 inf.

My main issue here is the rule that either the whole brigade moves or nobody moves.

Division general Tehan III, please set the priority of orders like this, to maximize the odds of us not loving things up:
Artillery
24th
23rd
25th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

xthetenth posted:

Ahh, and those damned picket companies need to move then.

This is one of the reasons why I wanted a swap. That way, we can get the pickets in place no problem.

e: For the record, I have slightly less than an hour to make a plan, then I really need to get around to drawing a map and making orders, I have stuff to do later.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Time's out. I'm starting to work on the orders, assuming xthetenth's guys will deploy as he ordered a couple of posts ago.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
24th Infantry, 8th Corps

Had to abandon my roadguard to do this. Same standing orders as before. I'm assuming I managed to recruit the MG in the triangle trench. Every chit should is in 8 inch radius from the Brigadier chit, I think.

Move here unless you can see an enemy, in which case wait until they're dead and then move here.

Standing orders for attack and defence remain the same.
I think it could have been done a lot more elegantly, but I just don't have the time for it right now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Moving west does not magically make our guys stronger. Keep the entrenched brigade supported by artillery where it is now.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Wait, how the hell did that artillery start firing supportive fire so soon? It's more than 16 inches away, and turn 2 of contact is 2 turns too soon by my count.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

If you're going to move, could youleave a bit more chits in the center trench? They're a really important crumple zone in case of an attack from the center, and give you time to receive artillery support.

Maybe you could fire off a short, concentrated barrage into the SE FdE trench? Like, 4 heavy artillery targets covered by 4 light artillery targets? I figure doing some damage with your guys when we know we can would be a good idea. At the very least, that's a few chits less for the 25th to deal with.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Trin, could you explain how the German brigade got artillery support so fast? Did I misunderstand the rules (over 16 inches distance, so that's 3 turns delay), or is this one of the "can't confirm or deny anything" situations?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:rip: 25th.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Trin, is Bacarruda's chit still alive?

my dad fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Apr 8, 2017

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Bacarruda posted:

Should be.

Since the inquisition has just walked past you without spotting you, I think it might be time for ninja Bac, round two.

e: Oh, poo poo, you're in La Dand, lmao

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Guys, are you OK with sending this as a message to the enemy team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQraeOG-3L8

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Matches the trajectory on orders given by Loel, so I guess that counted as emergency orders since Bac didn't make any for a while. I am certainly not complaining about that. :v:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
We need to see what happens next, I guess.
Since we've got the North mostly secured, I'd go with a deployment in the South, maybe also a push to retake the trench on the other side of the ford.

Alternatively, operation "gently caress it MK2" to take back the forest.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I'd like X's guys to take that trench up north, after a barrage, if anyhow possible. We need to plug that gap.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
:siren:I'm authorizing emergency orders for my brigade, and also for xthetenth's.:siren: X's guys should listen for the start of the barrage, move into distance 2-3 inches from the enemy trench on turn 5 of bombardment, and charge the trench the turn after. Be BLOODY SURE to use turns of curly's fire as a reference, rather than time, otherwise we're in for some bad poo poo. On the turn X's guys move out, my guys should spread out to cover the whole trench system, staying in the commander's 16 inch radius (feel free to move the command chit a bit to cover them all). Keep the pickets as is.

I might be able to get my orders in time, but better to be safe than sorry.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Polite reminder that we're getting reinforcements in the middle of the night, with all the issues that this entails.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Loel posted:

I am a consensus commander :D if I cant persuade my officers on the merits of my idea, how can I ask ten thousand soldiers to march for it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Ahh, the chains of command. :allears:

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Welcome aboard. :)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

cat_herder posted:

Yeah, I don't have the money to get plus right now, but my internet will be fixed pretty soon. Thank you, though! my dad, I'm told you're the one who has to invite me, please? Pretty sure my username is the same as on here, or maybe without the underscore.

edit: :toot: IT'S FIXED

You need to follow this link to join:

https://app.roll20.net/join/2004056/9ONgKg

I'm just the one who GMs people so they can actually tinker with the maps. Just post in the thread when you're in and I'll GM you as soon as I'm around.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Loel posted:

K, she's logged in as Cat H.

Done. :)

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Crazycryodude posted:

Is our Trin the same Trin that works at Paradox?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Same

• Locked thread