Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I will take the glorious 6th cavalry brigade into glorious combat. I will no doubt misplace them but I will do it with panache and flair.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 9, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Out of cuirassity, what are my horsey dudes equipped with? Is it one fast MG unit, three batteries of guns and then guys with cuirasses that I'm going to spend the game pleading to use as surrogate runners, or more a dragoon type setup?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Tehan posted:

Did you ask that question purely as an excuse to use that pun?

Maaaaaaaybe?

my dad posted:

Oh, no no no no. I have very special plans for your cavalry. :) Very special plans, indeed.

I'm actually more expecting something along the lines of scouting and picketing and dying while getting the mobile firepower into important positions. Is that more accurate?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

6th Cavalry Brigade

Sirs, I'd advise that since it seems we'll be limited to a narrow zone for deployment that the cavalry go in on the vanguard, since they have a disproportionate share of firepower and mobility for their footprint. I'd say that picketing out towards either the Tetons or St. Croissants would facilitate the deployment of our full Corps towards our objectives, depending on if we want to take the clockwise approach to Faibleimpot or just want to establish a strong position on St. Croissants. If we use the plans drawn up by General Barracuda, the course he's drawn for the 22nd would take us to the Tetons along roads, while a direct course from the north would have to detour over hills or through St. Croissants. If anything, the Boche has a better crack than we do at St. Croissants because they have more direct roads.

Does this correspond with your plans?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

A vanguard role is, indeed, what is intended for your force. You and your men must advance to St. Croissants as swiftly as possible. It may prove difficult for our infantry to beat the Boche to it, and we'd be forced to fight a bloody battle from an unfavorable position if they manage to take it before we do.

6ème brigade de cavalerie

St. Croissants it is. All in and hope we have time to emplace the firepower in time for contact or have it follow behind the regular riders in case the enemy gets there first?

(For that matter, do the cavalry and the horse mg/artillery move at the same speed? If the regular riders are faster, I'd advise sending them in as fast as possible to establish control, and have the other firepower move as fast as possible. I'd order the cavalry to hold if at all possible, and if not, send a runner back to the mg and artillery to send them instead to a point option, probably the woods southeast of St. Croissants where they can fire in support of later echelons' attacks)

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin, does horse artillery being horse supersede that they're artillery? IE, do all of my cavalry move 12/16? Also, is that 16" not counting the marching order bonus, which would then bring it to 24"?

Also,

6ème brigade de cavalerie staff is going to be calculating whether it's faster to take the roads or cut the route short past the forest SE of St. Croissants, if it's the latter, I'll likely be asking guidance on whether to use the firepower for a bit of bounding overwatch into St. Croissants.

Also assuming that given the current role for them that dragooning it as infantry to hold St. Croissants like it's the first day of Gettysburg is the intent and I should be getting into the North suburbs?

sullat posted:

If we use the cavalry to seize St. Croissants, we should definitely move to support them as quickly as possible. The Boche will likely skulk in the forest NW of the town. Not a good place for cavalry to assault, I volunteer my lads to lead the charge on the woods. They will give us a good base to move on the northern Teton

Hopefully if everything goes to plan, you'll have the cavalry providing a firebase from St. Croissants to get you into the forest. Then it'll be down to your elan.

Tehan posted:

That'd be a pretty good idea - it would probably read like us trying to secure St Croissants' flanks, while getting us closer to our goal. Assuming our assault on the high point in the southwest goes as planned, we could then launch attacks from that forest onto the northwestern hill with ample fire support.

I like it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

sullat posted:

If we do have the cav rush forward to secure St. Croissants and its vital pastry stores, we should have infantry come to support it sooner rather than later. Both by reinforcing them and holding the flanks.

Also if we reinforce them with infantry, then they can drop back to become a strategic reserve for either plugging gaps or exploitation.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'm concerned that that would risk drawing the focus of Red division away from St. Croissant, leaving Blue to both take St. Croissant and build strength to push towards Faibleimpot. If anything, I'm worried that the plan as is doesn't have a strong enough westward push.

Also doing the math it looks like the fastest route for the cavalry is likely to be road-bound the whole way unless we think that the approach to Saint Croissant is likely enough to be watched that the cover from Bois de Baguette would be needed to get the cavalry in close, and even then I think it's not likely worth it.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I think establishing a presence in St. Croissant does more to weaken a position on Le Oeuf than vice versa, but I do like the focus of that plan and the heavy concentration of artillery towards an objective.

On the other hand, holding Croissant without Oeuf means we pretty much have to hold Baguette and means we definitely need to hold Bois de Baguette lest we get cut off. It's no fun being the forlorn hope if nobody relieves you in time to have some survivors to bury under medals.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Feb 10, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

Général de Division Tebeka

Failing to occupy and move forward from La Cote renders us highly vulnerable to German flanking maneuvers or cavalry attacks addressed at our reserves or headquarters.

By all means we should fight concentrated, but not at the cost of being enveloped.

Additionally you make no provision in your plan for the attack on Faibleimpot.

He's put all of the blue division into position to strike on Faibleimpot, far more than the other plan has. Croissant and La Oeuf are much more important to our plan of attack than La Cote. I think La Cote is a useful place to hold from and basically free since we can get there first and we'd need the same troops on Clemencau hill anyway, but attacking from there would likely require more strength than we can put there.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Le Cote is hard for the Germans to get to quickly because it isn't connected to the German's road network, so I'm not extremely concerned.

We can modify the plan, if you'd like. Send one reserve brigade, plus 2-3 75mm guns to take and hold Le Cote for the duration of the battle and lock down our flank.

As for Faibleimpot, I figured we'd see what the situation was like towards the end of the battle before we plotted our attack. We're going to be pretty beat-up from the fighting and we'll need to stay flexible.

Basically my thought was the division that was holding Clemencau in your plan would work well for Le Cote, does that make sense to you?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Same name as in thread, 6ᵉ Cavalerie

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The outskirts length given is 50mm, is that getting rounded to 2 inches?

Also, what happens if a unit is partially in there?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Feb 11, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

The Outskirts are the precise width of a unit in base contact with the edge of a town and they only exist when a unit specifically declares it is inside them. Things that perhaps should have gone in the rules posts, vol. 211...

Okay, so a unit with a flat edge of its base in contact with the town that declare they're in them is in the outskirts? Gotcha.

(Making note of this, this makes artillery exceedingly inconvenient to make work with outskirts).

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Feb 11, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The latter map is probably accurate, although they may not have the full north to enter from.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Loel posted:

Okay, so if we're assuming they come from the north..

Where will we be on the road approach when they are able to take the hills? Im concerned about getting hammered by hill artillery while we are on the roads.

If we assume they take the north hills, do we want to try an oblique flank?

If we go with an oblique flank, I'd want to be a bit more aggressive, setting up in the Fraise-champs with firepower to hurt their ability to reinforce as easily.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

That's going to depend on where they set up. Part of the reason I like Fraise-champs is because I can set up there with a good firing position down the road through Bois de Gooneville and cut off all road access to the East from the West, and the artillery and MG range only goes halfway into Bois de Gooneville so I'm less likely to get absolutely hammered in return. There might be units in Brioche, but the outskirts are going to limit their options pretty severely, and I'd be able to trade back with artillery fire.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

So I could use that as a conditional if case blue is active and get into position in other cases? Nice.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I just realized that if they're trying to set up in the St. Croissants outskirts with artillery, they're going to have to have the artillery exposed in a way that the cavalry can absolutely hammer them and from Fraise-champs can probably spot them just fine.

Keep in mind that there's no room in the outskirts to do anything other than have those units sitting out without any cover in front. They'd likely come off the worse against my cavalry.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

The speaker identified himself as Generalleutnant Tevery Spitzehut Unhofflichmann Beste von Polieren.

I say he doesn't have a pointy hat at all, he's probably a back rank artillerist with a decidedly non-sharp Kugelhelm, rather than a proper pointy helmet like someone with elan.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

could all brigade commanders please confirm you have received your orders? a simple oui will suffice.

non :v:

6ᵉ Cavalerie

(Is Loel just starting the 40k thing? If so, okay:)

Great, it's that time of war when I have to stop being dashing and trying to drink champagne from actresses' slippers, isn't it? Oh well, I guess I need to show elan and initiative in orders. To avoid insubordination, I'm merely confirming my place in barracuda's well known plan (also I would like confirmation from the gentlemen in timetables)

Confirming with the staff regarding the timetable:

At my second turn I'm going to be close to/in Clemenceau with sightlines roughly like so:

So that'll let me react if they've brought cavalry down from the Veine road and go for La Oeuf instead of getting murdered in Fraise-Champs, correct? The other possible deployment I could spot is through the Nainville road en route to Baguette, in which case I'm going to be setting up for attacks from the east instead of a mixed deployment, correct?

Then at the end of the third turn I'll be at the T-junction marked in light blue on the picture, and potentially getting some vision. By that point I'll be deploying into battle formation and thus committed, right? Or is it a matter of if I spot enemies deploy to that position rather than into Fraise-champs?

Finally if they haven't shown, I'm going to get into Fraise-Champs, am I also putting a company into Saint-Croissant outskirts to give them a harder time as well as setting up the whole rest of the formation in Fraise-Champs for cover?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 14, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Bacarruda posted:

Orders will be up soon. Sorry for the delay.

I have scouted the orders, mon general!

(It's fine, I only got home like an hour ago)

Edit:

Looks like I'm going to be working with three conditionals:

1 - Spot German cav at turn 2, deploy somewhere else.
2 - Spot German inf coming from bouclecourt at turn 2, deploy somewhere else
3 - Spot German inf in gooneville at turn 3, turn 180 and march away
Or otherwise deploy in Fraise-champs

Somewhere else is going to be La Oeuf barring something unanticipated, partially because it's the next best and partially to avoid flowchart bloat when I try to figure out orders for after initial contact.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Feb 14, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

Am I as offensive as I might be?

This last one, is clearly, most important.

http://i.imgur.com/gKw0B2B.gifv

En avant!

6ᵉ Cavalerie

This order is OBSOLETED and kept only for historical reasons

The first turn, we will be the first out of the gate, and from there we will move eastward on the road through Clemenceau. If we are not interrupted by spotting an enemy, the goal will to spend the first three turns rushing up on Fraise-champs. Hopefully the second turn will look something like this as far as my position just shy of Clemenceau:

If we do not spot enemies west of Saint Croissant, we will continue on as such, west until the junction and then as far north as possible:
(Other officers, is there a potential location east of Croissant for enemies that should get me to punch out rather than continue and bank on being faster than them?)

If we do spot enemies west of Saint Croissant we go to Operation Merde!

Turns Three, Four and Five go as such:

Three is going as far west along the road and then north, trying to get in that yellow rectangle where I can see if enemies are coming from Bois de Gooneville, in which case I remain in marching order, and back off hard the next turn, moving south and dropping into Operation Merde. We will probably be in range so we will be shouting racial epithets as we do so. (Staff officers, is there another case to remember here?)

In turn four, we drop into battle order and turn five the positions pictured. The cavalry companies should turn into infantry and entrenched infantry as fast as is practicable.

We will be on defense in this position, and the standing orders apply.

Operation Merde!

We will engage in unspecified fallback behavior for an officer and a gentleman does not plan for anything but success at the sabrepoint (or bullet, I can't go on a charge with half artillery can I?)

Slim Jim and others, I'm planning to fall back where they can have me if they really want me badly enough to get me they can have me and then realize that I've traded well with my arty and they're now under the guns of Clemenceau, where do I go to do this? I'm not going to take a stupid risk here, because Horse Arty is ludicrously useful sounding for overwatch on the offensive

General Elaboration post-Croissant

We will shoot it out with the enemy, screening the mg and arty with the cav. We will likely be issuing any further orders from the spectator thread in the sky, but if that is not the case, we will attempt to maintain support positions by friendly infantry and get into artillery range of the enemy with as much of an infantry screening formation as possible, then blast them with the guns. Basically pair up with a brigade on the left flank and walk with them to get my artillery in range before firing the guns until I run out of enemies to shoot or friendlies to support, at which point I get back into supporting positions.

This is my idea of what a generic formation to drop into looks like:

Peel cav companies off the side away from enemies first, if pointed directly at all enemies, peel them off the side closer to allies.

Standing Orders:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Drop to Defensive stance and take up formation
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle/mg/arty fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Hold position
Break Off automatically when: 1/2 casualties are taken Should I raise the threshold to 2/3rds so I can regroup as I choose?

Auto-send runners in these situations:
If you take ½ casualties
Opening fire
Break Off or Suppressed Retreat
Failed Morale check
Complete your orders
Kill or capture an enemy runner
(can/should I send them if I spot enemies in one of the positions that would confirm their start location?)

Note: I have five cav companies in a few places (the formation mainly), I'm not getting the scout cav, but the formation is designed to and has instructions for degrading so I'm not concerned about it.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 15, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I am arguing incredibly hard and fretting massively over a few inches on my fallback position after starting from the idea of falling back to La Oeuf to secure that if I couldn't get the preferred plan and being persuaded that that'd be too far and to go where barracuda's plan had me. I'm convinced everyone else in the staff hates me, but that's alright the boche will too.

Conceptually the idea for the fallback is on turn three there's a real danger of infantry coming down from Veine via the Bois de Gooneville road, and they'd mince me artillery or no, so I'm going to instead drop back to the T junction or maybe behind it. The question is do I sit at the T junction which has the advantage of being in arty range of Croissant and the significant disadvantage of being in arty range of Croissant about two turns before our arty sets up at Clemenceau.

I am unreasonably terrified by this because I don't do plans that aren't aggressive, I am a cavalryman with elan dammit.

Also, I met a very tall actress with very large slippers so I might have had way too much champagne. I blame the boche.

I will no doubt end up at the spear point against a full division and destroyed utterly just in time to be reincarnated as a reservist of shudder infantry.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Feb 15, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Okay then. Another crack at the full thing then:

6ᵉ Cavalerie
:siren:This supersedes the previous draft of the orders. It includes niceties like a concession to the logisticians who say I might not get to Fraise-Champs first.:siren:

The first turn, we will be the first out of the gate, and from there we will move eastward on the road through Clemenceau. If we are not interrupted by spotting an enemy, the goal will to spend the first three turns rushing up on Fraise-champs. Hopefully the second turn will look something like this as far as my position just shy of Clemenceau:

If we do not spot enemies west of Saint Croissant, we will continue on as such, west until the junction and then as far north as possible:

If we do spot enemies west of Saint Croissant we go to Operation Merde!

Turns Three, Four and Five go as such:

Three is going West along the road and taking the North turn. I'll go as far North as I can this turn, trying to get in that yellow rectangle where I can see if enemies are coming from Bois de Gooneville. If I see enemies in firing range (even in marching order, since they can get in battle formation as fast as me) I will remain in marching order, and move south next turn, shifting into Operation Merde. We will probably be in range so we will be shouting racial epithets as we do so.

In turn four, we drop into battle order and turn five the positions pictured. The cavalry companies should dismount and entrench as fast as is practicable.

We will be on defense in this position, and the standing orders apply.

Operation Merde!

If I start Operation Merde, I will fall back to the brown M by Toilette-Champs (wow this is getting to be pretty on the nose). I will deploy in battle order (the formation noted below with the fourth company on the left wing) pointed north. I will trade artillery fire until the 96th and 98th are established north of my position AND (not or) I am out of targets to engage with my artillery at which I will proceed to the previously noted target position for turn 5, stopping to trade artillery fire en route if relevant.

The positions I draw up on point M will look about like this:

The front line of infantry will be drawn up about even with the label on La Oeuf (if I have the movement to make it that far).

General Elaboration post-Croissant

We will shoot it out with the enemy, screening the mg and arty with the cav. We will likely be issuing any further orders from the spectator thread in the sky, but if that is not the case, we will attempt to maintain support positions by friendly infantry and get into artillery range of enemies to shell them. Basically I want to pair up with a brigade on the left flank and walk with them to get my artillery in range before firing the guns until I run out of enemies to shoot or friendlies to support. At that point I'll move with the friendlies or trade fire with the enemy until forced to back off, respectively.

This is my idea of what a generic formation to drop into looks like:

Peel cav companies off the side away from enemies first, if pointed directly at all enemies, peel them off the side closer to allies. Don't put two companies on one wing and none on the other, just use the three in the middle. This has five companies and I only have four but this way you know it's symmetric and just peel off the missing company according to the direction.

If these conditions happen, they're here as a guide to when to engage in various activities if we are successful in taking St. Croissant.
The relevant labels are on the summary map below.

Red 1 is the position to go to when the 96th, 98th or 99th (acting in place of one of the other two) enters St. Croissant. Once they are no longer in contact with enemies I can see on the east side of Bois de Gooneville, shift so that the centerline of the formation is pointing northwest.

Red 2a is the position to go to if I see enemies fighting on Pasteur Ridge by the time any remaining brigades of the 96th, 98th, or 99th are in Bois de Gooneville. If there are no enemies on Pasteur and all those brigades are in the Bois, I will set up on 2b instead. In that position I'm trying to set my artillery up for shots but concealing them as much as possible with cavalry. Same for the MG.

Red 3 is the position I will seek to take after the assault on La Sanglant Femme is done. To go there from 2, I will take the route marked by the arrow, leveraging my artillery and MG heavily and not trying to get into rifle range.

As a general principle, shooting the enemy, if possible, will always be done in preference to moving up, and will be done without moving if possible.

Summary Map

Standing Orders:

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Drop to Defensive stance and take up formation if the enemy is in artillery range
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle/mg/arty fire, do not move closer if arty is already in range
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Hold position
Break Off automatically when: 1/2 casualties are taken

Auto-send runners in these situations:
If you take ½ casualties
Opening fire
Break Off or Suppressed Retreat
Failed Morale check
Complete your orders
Kill or capture an enemy runner

Now, unless I have made an oversight, I will return to bedchambers. I will be sure to let you know whose they are once I know.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Feb 15, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The outskirts are defined as being in base contact with but not inside the town on the map.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

Official Historian's Survey: Turn 0

In among the vast amount of paperwork for a general officer to deal with on the eve of battle, you find a note from the Official Historian, urging you to set out your honest and unrestrained views now for posterity and the benefit of future officers and servants of the Empire. He asks that you answer all, some, or fewer of the following questions, and assures you that they will be kept most secret until the end of the war.

1. How do you feel the planning for this battle has gone, in general?

2. How confident are you in the plans and orders that you personally have laid for this battle?

3. How confident are you in fulfilling the various objectives set by the Army Commander?

4. Is there any one aspect of the battle that seems to you will be most critical, on which success or failure is most likely to turn?

5. Thinking optimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

6. Thinking pessimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

Post ITT. Keep the observer thread supplied with content.

1. It has been harmonious. If that is because everybody is right, everybody is wrong, or it's irrelevant if we were right or wrong, time will tell.

2. I am reasonably confident. I think I have planned well for if things go decently and if they don't go decently I doubt my orders will be followed. Also my fallback point is on a farm like my glorious planned position, so I can pick (an) apple(s) for my mistress(es) and they won't know if I had to back off.

3. I am reasonably confident about St. Croissant. I am not sanguine about Faibleimpot because of my sanguinary suspicions of the boche between us and there.

4. I think if the coordination of the assaults on St. Croissant and Pasteur Ridge falls apart, we'll get torn up.

5. An attack that catches the enemy off guard with concentrated force and picks them apart so we can exploit up towards Faibleimpot

6. A failed assault of St. Croissant that makes us try to mount a desperate defense with the remaining forces.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

France wins the initiative. Game on!

Elan is now experimentally proven with the most modern methods of science!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

*starts rereading everyone's orders*
*glances over xteneth's post*
*does a double take*

*in a very delayed OH poo poo moment*

Wait, wait, wait, wait, I don't remember you making a map on Roll20 that involved going in marching formation into shooting range of Saint Croissant. I thought you were unpacking on the crossroads?

Uh, here's to hoping that the Boche deployed far to the NW, because, uh... :ohdear:

We rerigged it to there specifically so I could immediately marching order right the hell back out of there if I saw enemies, because I don't think it's possible for them to be established in there by turn 3. Or maybe that's wrong and I'm actually a ghost.

Edit: drat. I had thought I had provisions if I spotted enemies that close, I must not have written down the case for spotting there.

Edit 2: Grr. I'd thought I'd remembered to put in provisions for fast troops west of croissant and didn't. Welp.

Okay in character the only possible explanation is that I was far too bleary eyed and had a garter hanging off my hat and blocking my vision.

Also, all those machine guns are terrifying, but let's hear it for:

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 17, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

This is the one where they're close to us but not necessarily forced right into our jaws.

Also the one where the differences between our road net and theirs are most readily apparent (see also my poor dead horsies). Two turns and another to deploy is just nuts, I was looking at five.

The only upside is it looks like I failed to retreat far enough to get out of arty range so I may be able to start shooting back against a formation that seems to have less arty.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Good Job!

Also I'm so proud of myself for nagging the logistics staffs about the tells for three of the four possible deployment zones the enemy could have and totally forgetting to account for the fourth!

I'm just hoping that I drop into artillerizing position right then and there, we could use some ranged support fires right about now. May as well cover my opposite number in some glory.

Just to be sure, glory is to soldiers what preserves and jam are to fruit, right?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Feb 17, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

the boldest move would be to rush 6e cav to Faibleimpot along the W edge and win the game that way, but I don't like the associated risks.

Where's the combo of :mil101: and :eng99: when you need it?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

there's a lovely continuous series of reactions as people come online and realize exactly how hosed the cluster is

And I'm the only one who lost stuff so far!

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

The bigger problem was that the cavalry simply wasn't looking east of Croissant. The deployment would've skipped to Merde otherwise.

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I am tremendously concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeEMiW1vMvU&t=122s

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I will probably be the subject of many a postdoc's crack at a hot take.

"While his paranoia was certainly useful for the corps' consideration of their strategy it is also a likely factor in why on the fateful morning, he was too drunk and tired to look east of St. Croissant"

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Well as a simulation of war as a thing that gets badly out of hand this is a rousing success.

Also, poo poo. They have guys on Sanglant Femme. That either means our objectives are badly out of hand or that their plan has somehow gotten pulled out of shape worse than ours, and I'm not feeling like the latter's likely. Should we get me packing up to try and establish a bit of a holding force in the West, maybe hold La Oeuf so that Quatreprouts isn't a dropkick for them?

Also out of curiosity Trin, did my arty/guys get to get firing? Did they hit?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

So it looks like my brigade was sipping wine in town whilst everyone else was either getting butchered or butchering the enemy.

Well considering how exceptional a job you did with your orders, that's probably a good thing :v: Better they get to go into combat in good order.

Overall it looks pretty good for us in terms of losses in the opening, so that's nice at least. They've got faster roads but that seems to have led them to using them incautiously.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

WE R GUD AT WAR.

I feel less and less bad for being such a pedant as time goes on (except for specifying east of St. Croissant, I misjudged that timing badly).

Also now I know why you wanted corps command, less of this finicky mess.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

Please come to roll20 to chat a bit. :)

~40 mins till I get home from work, will do then.

(I'm going to laugh if you're telling us to post in the thread by then.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'd prefer if you shot.

...reservists.

• Locked thread