Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

They have that brigade pushing in towards the gap where my dad was, which might be seriously problematic if they know they've got enough guys coming in tomorrow that a single brigade can be written off for something good. They might try to have it hold the crossing open rather than make slim jim panic though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Should we inflict necromancy on me? I think that's a reasonable idea if we don't have newer folks clamoring for the brigades.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I do not have a working desktop. This may get in the way of me doing my own orders.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I do not get the context at all. I'd be interested to have an idea.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

First of all, sorry for sounding so abrasive and being an rear end in a top hat. I'm cranky since last night, and I've got good reasons to be, but that's no excuse to act like this.

Sorry to hear that. I hope things turn out all right for you.

Also, I think I've got things fixed so I can actually do things. Is there anything for the 23rd to do except shuffle north so that it isn't a ghost town when the boche come in? Should I be trying to optimize for coverage up North and do things like shifting MGs? Sorry, I'm at work right now and I'm more than a bit unclear on which chits are actually mine because I've been doing a frankly poor job of following along on my phone.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

And if they get through to La Dand, they either are expended or they'll be inexplicably decently placed to get some rest, out of the way like that.

Or they blunder into boche and are destroyed, while if they were rendered useless they'd be available to have replenish and come back later.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

My Dad I think it makes way more sense for all of us to shift north, it lets us concentrate our MGs up there where their reach is needed most and it means we aren't awkwardly fussing about if they come in. Plus I don't have to move companies out of the forward positions. Tell me if you want to change this order, but you'll have to provide the image for me. As far as I can tell I have a CMD chit, an MG chit, and 9 inf.

23rd Infantry Brigade

Right, yes, we're going to shuffle up north in this trench following the bright orange arrow. I want that MG positioned so that if they try and loop around North of us, it can get a billy bonus off the company West of it while they're Northwest in the wire.

Erm, right, I drew the positions we should be in as French. That's because I'm a bit low on colored pencils and those damned fool pants stand out anywhere.

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Halt and switch to Defend orders
When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue
Break Off automatically when: Fight to the last man.

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 5, 2017

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

my dad posted:

My main issue here is the rule that either the whole brigade moves or nobody moves.

Division general Tehan III, please set the priority of orders like this, to maximize the odds of us not loving things up:
Artillery
24th
23rd
25th

Ahh, and those damned picket companies need to move then.

Hey :siren:trin, can something like that be classed as a formation change given that's all space I was occupying, or do we need to swap the brigades to pull off the move?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Trin Tragula posted:

On splitting the artillery, I'd take those orders the time, but if they prove too difficult to keep track of (we'll see) I'll have to disallow it for future updates.

I'll let you keep the pickets if you want and do it without swapping the brigades over, that's in the spirit of the thing. (I'll adjudicate it as the picketing companies moving back into the trench and a couple more moving out; usually I wouldn't allow this since the end result is that a company's occupying exactly the same space as another one did last time and violates the "appreciably different position" clause, but now it seems like there should be an exception for pickets.)

having looked at how much time there isn't, maybe let's just see what Pater Meus comes up with and then I'll interpret it in your favour

Appreciate it. I bet the guys out front will be happy to get relieved.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

23rd is in position and going to stay there. No change to orders.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

sullat posted:

They're in trenches, though, so they will mostly be suppressed. We should have the northern brigade go over the top, walk across no man's land, and bayonet them while they're still shell-shocked. Something like, two turns arty fire, turn 3 brigade attacks. The arty can shift to bombard the forest in case anyone else is sneaking up.

Friendly reminder that I'm not a whole brigade, I think I have 8 infantry, an MG and a command chit.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I'd really appreciate the north gap getting plugged a bit. I don't know if I'm going to be able to stop their advance once the rain starts and spotting gets weird.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Loel posted:

I am a consensus commander :D if I cant persuade my officers on the merits of my idea, how can I ask ten thousand soldiers to march for it?

You can't, but what you can do is order them. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I asked the same thing. It's a reference, so multiple people exist with the same name.

• Locked thread