Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

With my trustiest flag in hand, I am ready to lead a brigade to rid Europe of the Teutonic menace.

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Feb 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Under my command, the 53rd brigade will bring honor to all of France!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Bacarruda posted:

Général de Division Bacarruda

The Germans will likely beat us to the Tetons, we should plan for a division-sized assault with lots of artillery support.

We should seize the south-central highlands and put guns on any enemy troops headed into St Croissants.

I'd also like to send a brigade into the woods, hidden there and ready to assault St Croissants as part of any main effort we make.

Général de Brigade Sixkiller, 53rd Brigade.

Sir, if we are to go through with this plan, I volunteer my brigade for the task of securing the woods. My men are eager to deliver a blow to the vicious Boche!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

my dad posted:

General Mon Pere, Corps Commander

Hold your horses (unless you're the cavalry division, in which case don't hold them, ride them), wait for a plan to be decided on before volunteering. There will be plenty of chance for everyone to earn a Croix de Guerre.

Général de Brigade Sixkiller, 53rd Brigade.

Understood, sir. Got too eager there for a moment.

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 10, 2017

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Roll20 name is Raj Gurung (or Sixkiller).

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Général de Brigade Sixkiller, 53rd Brigade

The 53rd Brigade is to enter the battlefield deployed in these positions:

Phase one:
Alongside the fateful 52nd Brigade, our Brigade is to advance up to La Cote with the primary objective being to occupy said hill. Any German who stands in our path shall be crushed.

Phase two:
Once La Cote is taken, the 53rd will crush any enemy who dares to takes the hill from France. If no enemies are seen, the brigade is to advance up to Baguette, taking it.

Phase three:
If Saint Croissant is being threatened, the 53rd shall rush to its rescue like gallant knights of old. Otherwise, the brigade is to dig in and wait for further instruction.

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Drop to Defensive stance and take up formation if the enemy is in artillery range

When attacking the enemy: Use rifle/mg/arty fire.

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Hold position
Break Off automatically when: 2/3 casualties are taken

Auto-send runners in these situations:

2/3 casualties is taken.

A fight breaks out with the enemy.

If we break off or are in a state of suppressed retreat.

We failed our morale check.

Complete our orders.

Kill or capture an enemy runner.

(wip)

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Sixkiller posted:

Lend me your ears, ye men of France, I wish to make one last speech before our departure into the lion's mouth. Know this, my fellow brethren, the enemies who oppose you are not humans-- not one bit of them. They are demons, servants to Satan himself, for they shall only bring damnation and destruction upon this sweet world! So put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil’s tricks. We are fighting against forces and authorities of darkness. So put on all the armor that God gives. Then when that evil comes, you will be able to defend yourself. And when the battle is over, you will still be standing firm.

Be ready! Let the truth be like a belt around your waist, and let God’s justice protect you like armor. Your desire to tell the good news about peace should be like shoes on your feet. Let your faith be like a shield, and you will be able to stop all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Let God’s saving power be like a helmet. Fix bayonets and charge ye soldiers of France! Charge!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Général de brigade Sixkiller

Finally, the Boche have shown themselves and now have secured their own doom! The 53rd Brigade is to quickly abandon its original goal, and charge the enemy who have so foolishly assembled against us; the elan that radiates from my troops should be enough to sweep aside the hated enemy. The single machine-gun company is to cover our advance, killing as many Germans as possible. To victory, men!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Trin Tragula posted:

Yeah about that

Did I screw something up?

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Victory goes to man who holds La Cote, I think my brigade will dig in and hold it. The 75mms can shell the oncoming Germans, and our back-up reserves will finish the job.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

thatbastardken posted:

Generals Comrade Koba and Sixkiller report in immediately! You must look to your brigades or be replaced.

Sorry sir, the smell of blood unsettled me for a moment (can't go on roll20, right now, school works needs to be done.)

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
53rd Brigade

Following new divisional orders, the 53rd will move down to the western part of Clemenceau (red arrow):

On the new location, the 53rd will entrench in these positions:

(Don't include the 75mm gun, my mistake).

When sighting an enemy on Attack stance: Keep moving along original path.

When attacking the enemy: Use rifle fire.

When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed: Do not pursue

Break Off automatically when: 2/3 casualties are taken

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Feb 25, 2017

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Loel posted:

Seat's taken :v:

Well, poo poo. Sorry about that, thought my 75mm survived.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
53rd Brigade

It saddens me that all the action and glory are going to the opposite front; it seems the Germans are not stupid enough to attack the trenches -- wait, what if we built one big trench system around the border with Germany? No, not a trench but a wall -- the greatest kind of wall. Only then can we make France great again.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
So, with the big boss dead, who are we going to replace him with?

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Reporting for duty, sir! Roll20 name is the same as before: Sixkiller.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
my dad: he put his life on the line for us! :cheeky:

Also, I am ready for either a divisional or brigade level command.

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Mar 6, 2017

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Since our divisional and corp commanders are almost decided, I'll be calling dibs on the 'metal horses' , if that's OK with everyone.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

my dad posted:

:siren: THE VOTING IS CLOSED! :siren:

Loel is the new Entente Commander. Hail to the chief!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_AQFnqMY3E

May he give us good plans, and die in a glorious charge filled with elan!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
As I have stated before, I would like the command of the RNAS Armoured Car Brigade (although any cavalry command is fine with me). I'll get on roll20 around 3:00 or 4:00 PM EST

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is it too late to put myself forward (again) for command of the RNAS Armoured Car Brigade?

Since we both want the position, a duel to the death must happen -- may the man with the best elan win! [Or maybe we can split the command when the armored group is separated into two groups].

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

xthetenth posted:

Just remember, dual command, not duel command.

What is a good war without a few instances of in-fighting!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
The command over the AC unit, before and during the raid, shall rest on VVG; I'll be helping him with orders until the time of separation.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Rolls-Royce Brigade: The Big Red One

Draft: The overall command of the brigade is split between me and RNVR, so I’ll be leading ‘Red Group’ in their daring raid on Stethoscope; meanwhile, RNVR will operate the defense of the forest.

In total, this operation gives me five armored cars to work with. I order that they be split further into two groups: Magnus ignis, four ACs, will move on to the 6 o'clock road; Ignis, one AC, will move on the road facing Stethoscope and join up with the additional cars sent by ‘Blue Group’. If everything works out, the German cavalry will find itself in a pickle: murdered by machine guns.

Magnus ignis will hold its positions for two or four turns, depending on four factors: damage dealt; casualties taken; the initial surprise of the enemy; and finally, the number of enemies spotted.

Ignis is to hold at all costs, preventing the enemy from escaping or advancing forward. It's a one man, or car, mission. The best of luck to them.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Bacarruda posted:

Aahah, sorry. I should have made something more clear

"RNVR" is not a player, it's just a postscript. It means "Royal Navy Volunteer Reserve" i.e. I was adding some fluff and implying your character was a Royal Navy reservist called up at the outbreak of the war.

All the armored cars are yours.

I thought that I was sharing the brigade with one other dude. Also, do my plans look OK so far?

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
{Rough draft, will complete when home}.

In total, for this operation, I have ten armored cars to work with. The strategic goal of the brigade is simple: prevent the enemy from establishing a bridgehead on the fords. Thus, the tactical objectives for the operation are two-folds: one, delivering a mighty punch to the Huns at the very start; and defending the fords until back up arrives. Simple, yes?

For the plan to work perfectly, I order that the brigade be split into three different squads:

• Red Squad (8 ACs).
• Blue Squad (1 AC).
• Orange Squad (1 AC).

All the squads will be deployed in the road below Down Road. Red squad will commence the raid, crossing M7, and attacking the enemies coming to Stethoscope. For two or four turns the squad will stay in its positions, depending on four factors: enemies killed; casualties taken; total amount of enemies present in the field; and initial surprise of the attack. After the attack is done, the squad will split up, and two ACs will hold M7. Meanwhile, two ACs will be given to Blue squad and the rest to Orange squad. Blue squad will hold Foret de Effyaders, preventing the enemy from advancing through M1; Orange squad will hold M4 until the cavalry arrives.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

The Squadron will deploy in E1, and split into two groups: Red squad with 8 armored cars; Blue Gold squad with 2 armored cars.

Red squad will commence the raid by crossing through M7, and engage the enemies coming to Stethoscope. They are to defend the 6 o’clock road until reinforcements arrive. {Conditional: if 2+ German brigades enter Stethoscope before the squad, they are to retreat back to the M7 ford and defend it; if the 6th cavalry takes Stethoscope but retreats, the squad will retreat back to the M7 ford and defend it; if the Germans deal enough damage to the Red squad, ½ of them are dead, they are to retreat back through the M7 ford and defend it. A runner will be sent to headquarters telling them of the situation, in all scenarios}.

Attack position:

Defensive position (see conditionals):

Fight at them.
Gun 'em down.
Do not pursue.
1/2 casualties are taken

Blue Gold squad will serve its purpose by going through the M1 ford, driving all the way to Chemins, and watch for enemies coming through the 12 o’clock road. While doing this, they are to also cut any wires they encounter. {Conditional: if the Germans are advancing towards Blue Gold squad, they are to retreat back to the Foret de Effyaders; if the 6th cav retreat from Stethoscope, the squad will drive back towards the Foret de Effyaders; if all goes well and the 6th cav takes Stethoscope, the squad will advance up to the 12 O'clock road and support the 6th. A runner will be sent to headquarters telling them of the situation, in all scenarios}.

Watch positions:

Or (conditional):

Defensive position:

Retreat.
Retreat.
Do not pursue.
Any.

Normal route :

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 13, 2017

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

xthetenth posted:

We missed a great opportunity with the AC squadron names.

Only now do I realize how bland 'Red' and 'Blue' sound.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

xthetenth posted:

A Gold squadron hastily renamed from Blue squadron only makes the joke work better.

Ask and you shall receive.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
We've turned WW1 into a Star Wars parody -- and it totally fits.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
1. How do you feel the planning for this battle has gone, in general?

2. How confident are you in the plans and orders that you personally have laid for this battle?

3. How confident are you in fulfilling the various objectives set by the Army Commander?

4. Is there any one aspect of the battle that seems to you will be most critical, on which success or failure is most likely to turn?

5. Thinking optimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

6. Thinking pessimistically, what do you think the likely result of the battle will be?

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Orders are done!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
New, new orders are done!

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
My units cut down most of their cavalry, so XTH should have a easy time.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Gold squad is to move south to these positions in the 12 o'clock road:

Fight at them.
Gun 'em down.
Do not pursue.
1/2 casualties are taken

{Conditional: if the 6th cav retreat from Stethoscope, the squad will drive back towards the Foret de Effyaders; if one of the cars gets disabled, the remaining car is to retreat back to the Foret de Effyaders. A runner will be sent to headquarters telling them of the situation, in all scenarios}

Fight at them.
Gun 'em down.
Do not pursue.
Last car is dead

Sixkiller fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Mar 15, 2017

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Men, gather yourselves in Foret de Effyaders and hold it at all costs! Any who survives this day shall gain the love of his country, and immortalize himself forever!

Fight at them.
Gun 'em down.
Do not pursue.
No man or car is left.

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
Don't my cars have lights?

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

If the Belgians do not flood us, just stay in current position.

{Conditional: if the Belgians flood us, drive to these positions near the Bois de Blob; the headlights are to be turned on}.

Fight at them.
Gun 'em down.
Do not pursue.
Last car is dead.

(Ignore the ACs not on the road).

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary

Bacarruda posted:

Do NOT have your bloody headlights on unless poo poo hits the fan and we have to move out of the way of a flood.

But that is the plan where we get flooded, and have to get out of the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sixkiller
Mar 2, 2015

Sanguine Sanguinary
I died as I lived, honking.

• Locked thread