Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah, shoving a bunch of cav down Dej way seems like a good idea. Right now, our one advantage down there lies in fire superiority in terms of arty and MGs. That would be lost come nightfall, and the Brits would be able to overwhelm us piecemeal. So I'd say our best bet would be in containing or outright shattering the BEF right away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

78th Brigade Orders - 1700

Infantry and MGs
If the BEF or another enemy force moves westwards towards either Quatreprouts or the area south of Dejeuner Ridge (see pink line), the formation is to shift around the ridge towards the southwest. If they don't have anything to shoot at, the MGs are to maneuver in such a way that they get a field of fire on the passing enemies for as long as possible. If the enemy comes directly for Dejeuner Ridge, the infantry is to interpose themselves in such a way that the enemy does not have a clear run at the artillery. Under no circumstances should these movements mask the artillery's field of fire.

Artillery
10cms: MAKE. IT. RAIN.

15cms: Move one more turn's worth of movement south, staying on the upper level of the ridge, and then unlimber and go loud. If they already have moved by the time these orders reach them and the enemy is in range (or about to come into range), just unlimber them where they are.

Standing Oders
When sighting an enemy in attack stance, keep moving along original path
When attacking the enemy, use rifle fire
When an enemy company Breaks Off or Retreats Suppressed, hold position
Break off automatically never - fight to the last man

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 27, 2017

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tevery Best posted:

Will these orders mean your MGs will not move while they can still engage? Because I am somewhat iffy on having them run around right now.

The default behaviour of MGs is to not move and start shooting any time something is in range, so that's what I'm working off of.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Crazycryodude posted:

Ooo, I rather like this little shuffle. They see HEGEL vacating the trenches, then they DON'T see them getting refilled. I hope they try an attack so we can read all the wonderful confusion once this is over.

E: My orders are finalized, but through editing the old post. Is that ok or should I make a new one?

Editing the old post should be fine as long as it's marked as a proper orders post. Put a link to it in the sheet to make Trin's life easier.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

The whole thing was basically classic WWI.txt. A localised but decent breakthrough is forced at one section of the front, but the strategic mobility and CnC to capitalise and reinforce that success is simply not available. As such the spearheading elements are either forced to retreat or defeated in detail. We simply role-played appropriately to the period :colbert:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Trin Tragula posted:

None of your riflemen needed to expend a single shot.
This maneuver shall go down in the history books as The Charge Of The Shite Brigade.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Goodbye Horses. I'm gonna have that pic of Mon Pere sitting out with his rear end hanging in the wind in front of two and a half emplaced brigades fuckin framed. Did we seriously look quite so dead that he thought he'd only have to walk into the town?

I guess maybe they didn't count on us already having called in reinforcements from the very beginning. So from their point of view, they killed most of a division up top, two brigades down near Q, and saw two brigades defending our eastern flank, which would account for all of our initial forces. It probably looked to them like 76th and 78th had been all the forces we had defending StC, and with them out of the way the road there looked clear enough for a hail-mary charge like the one we'd made to Q.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Working off this picture, which is the last GM-official one I have of 77bde's position

https://lpix.org/2726498/Mon%20Pere%20in%20the%20valley%20of%20death.PNG

Thick lines are probably good. If we swing the westernmost five companies, those four inf and the MG, north?

Like so? Yellow infantry plus that MG move, black are the new positions. That new thing in the corner is the MG.

Jaguars!, can you queue up some wire in front of 77bde as well? What's the wire situation anyway, do we have any left? I think we had three obstacles' worth. It should be off the corner of the new position, we have a lot of guns on the Southern front but that corner would be a weaker spot.

Don't forget we can also pilfer wire from the various farms. It would be easy to get some from Ferme de Beurre, and under the cover of night we might even steal some from Fraise-Champs.

• Locked thread