Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

lmao 30 inches. is this a tv for an ant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

akadajet posted:

I posted this in the last thread, but Disney tried this and it looked like rear end. The trend has kind of died out in the photography world too thank God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4DW8bX_CU&hd=1

I know you like to post this but it was a test and not a thing people really watch.

it truely is content and not an ad so of course nobody watched it it was art for art sake

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Endless Mike posted:

lmao 30 inches. is this a tv for an ant?

it's a monitor for editing work

also, being an ips panel, it will have sad, mushy, uneven blacks like a cheap sony tv. it won't even rival the $7k dinosaurs.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i watch nothing but the netflix test video with the engineer guy juggling and quoting shakespeare

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Linguica posted:

i watch nothing but the netflix test video with the engineer guy juggling and quoting shakespeare

is it the 25 megabit one?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im gonna shoot some video with my Sony CCD-TRV62

its not just video 8 its hi8 so its better

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i saw an svhs-c camcorder at the thrift store and i was tempted

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

im gonna shoot some video with my Sony CCD-TRV62

its not just video 8 its hi8 so its better

my trv320e blows it out of the water, sorry. transfer all your garbage hi8 footage then re-record in digital8, the format of the future

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

josh04 posted:

my trv320e blows it out of the water, sorry. transfer all your garbage hi8 footage then re-record in digital8, the format of the future

cool

ive been keepin an eye out for a digital8 camera at the thrift stores but nothing yet

usually just vhs-c crap

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
make sure you avoid any single-CCD bullshit, gotta step up to the 3-CCD tier

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i saw an svhs-c camcorder at the thrift store and i was tempted

buy it

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

too late now dude

once i also saw a video8 vcr and didn't buy it. shameful & regretful

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

it's a monitor for editing work

also, being an ips panel, it will have sad, mushy, uneven blacks like a cheap sony tv. it won't even rival the $7k dinosaurs.

no you don't understand, that warm IPS glow just adds to the brightness

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i'm not going to use a flawed physical camera to shoot anything, i'm going to render the cornell box in hdr and just stare at that.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lolooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllll

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

omg guys gusy guys

i just got back from watching star wars 8 in 70mm imax film print

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

they cropped all of their imax shots to 2.35:1

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

dey do not kno de whey

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

the only difference between imax and 35mm anamorphic was the size of the grain

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

cant wait for some turbo nerds to demake the whole thing into the same grain structure in 30 years hahahahhaha

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

thats what you get for getting emotionally invested in a movie made for children

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

cmon son even dark knight rises didn't crop their poo poo lol cant even keep the boom poles out motherfuckers

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol git gud bad robot

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

wrap it up, its all over its just a cash in now get the poo poo done so you can go home and play zelda switch for 100 hours because walking around hydrule watching the circle fill up and down is more interesting now loloollool

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

1.43:1 is where its at son, otherwise i can just go home and watch it on my Dolby Pulsar 4,000 nit display in HDR

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/professional/cinema/products/prm-4220.html

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

man if disney pulls this poo poo on avengers 4 wrap it up, cinema done just might as well let youtubers film dead people and call that entertainment lol

(*srs guys dont film dead people das gross*)

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

you can HDR on YouTube, get 15megabits per second in vp9 that should be good enough for 1080P

or they could go HEVC and :getin:

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

give me 10,000 nits brightness or give me death

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

but srs dont film dead ppl

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

WTF DISNEY you had ONE JOB

shoot STAR WARS in FULL FRAME 65mm IMAX negative and blow it up to 70mm and do post on all that poo poo CMON SON

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

can we dollar per hour a movie ticket with pixels per minute like vidaya gamers do with games loioll?

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

dark knight rises was bomb rear end poo poo it was great i loved it and you should know that CHRISTOPHER NOLAN loves film and you should too

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I'm waiting for hollywood to pull out all the stops and film a medium format movie just to rub it in all the other directors faces and be all like "naaayyy we have 1" dof lol " just like student films shot on f/1.0 lens because rich daddy could afford a $5,000 camera package

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

I want to watch a film with 10K res but nothing is in focus but tiny lines because sensor size physics lol

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

JUST TO SAY I DID and then we put that poo poo back on the shelf where it belongs because we all know the 2 million dollar per finished movie will become the new standard because we all lust for production value

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

basically never watch a netflix produced anything because its trash garbo made for people whos time is meaningless low budget made for tv films lol

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

when VR takes over all of our watching habits all this Aspect ratio poo poo will come back to haunt people who CROP PIXELS

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

dont crop just let the pixels be free man

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Themage