Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
VLC can play my dumbass XDCAM MXF/MOV 8-channel audio files with weird harmonic flags for free for spot checking.

Suits my needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Just watch everything on a bvmx300 production monitor, problem solved.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

OH NO A CONSUMER CONNECTOR THAT FALLS OUT AND DOESNT HAVE A LOCKING MECHANISM OOPS I JUST LOST MY $100,000 SHOT OF THE TERMINATOR BLOWING UP LETS JUST MAKE A NEW ONE SINCE MY CABLE WOBBLED FUNNY LOL IM SUCH A GOOD FILM MAKER WITH MY PRO DSLR RIG

HDBaseT

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

*ahem*

S O R E N S O N

the episode I trailer was amazing at the time.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Carter posted:

Only 2 months until NAB guys

Super-hyped for Blackmagic to release yet another camera whose features solely consist of "record" and "show audio levels"

but maybe they'll have the nice canvas totes again.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

I used to work for the company that bought up slingbox

they shipped a whole bunch of their old analog units to our warehouse in europe

and then were surprised they didn't sell lmao

Slingbox never made a digital unit-- the M1/M2 were component only, and if you asked on their forums they linked you to a sketchy looking site that is 'unaffiliated' but had a mailing address that was remarkably close to sling inc who sold an HDMI to component+unencrypted HDMI box for $20.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

Sketchy looking "unaffiliated" companies selling not-quite-legal stuff was standard MO for Echostar btw.

suited my needs.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

leyard had an 8K videowall at last year's NAB, it was very impressive. Cinema use of the technology makes sense, it's probably just taken this long to get the density/price to a point where it's competitive with projection when you have a fully light-controlled space.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
prores because it's for professionals

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

Wheany posted:

latest news i've heard about "next generation" codecs was that there was some bullet point about apple again licensing h.265. i think they dropped it at some point.

everyone else seems to be on board with AV1

apple's all in with HEVC to the point that photos will be natively HEIC.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/07/07/red-hydrogen-smartphone-launch-holographic-media-machine.html

quote:

Red, a company that makes high-end cameras to shoot blockbuster films, has launched an expensive smartphone which it is billing as the "world's first holographic media machine".

The Hydrogen One smartphone has a 5.7 inch holographic display and runs Google's Android mobile operating system. According to a press release by Red, the handset's screen can "seamlessly" switch between traditional 2-D content and holographic 3-D content such as games.

...that's a pivot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe

pagancow posted:

seriously, elgato? you cant get any SDI input for RGB at all?

what do you expect from a company with the name of a mexican discount pet warehouse.

• Locked thread