Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

this is the only video i have that's bigger than 1080p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Aix posted:

rebuild font cache mlady?? LOL

use bink video every day

the Total Annihilation intro movie used Bink

lol my phone tried to autocorrect Bink to Bunk

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

A Yolo Wizard posted:

i went from a 970 to a 1060 so i could decode h.265 good

i went from a 760 to a 1060 so i could get better framerates in DOOM

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

ShadowHawk posted:

I wish you ultrafast decompression

...while scuba diving

Fare...thee...NOT...well...Cymulon...

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Mr.Radar posted:

to give you an idea of how stupid they can be, their production file server was a bunch of cheapo ssds in 3 raid-5 arrays that they soft-raided together in raid 0 mode. and then one of the raid cards died. and they had no backups. here is the video where they attempt data recovery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSrnXgAmK8k

linus looks totally loving insufferable, i would not want to hang out with or be associated with him in any way at all

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

i want that boy jailed immediately

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Olivil posted:

wasnt there cheap af "720p" tvs that actually used 1366x768 panels?

i think what you're thinking of is those lovely 42" plasma TVs where the resolution was actually some dogshit like 1024x768

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
for years that was the only 4k video i had

i still don't have a 4k display lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

longview posted:

what i don't get is why european broadcasters who show american 24p content do pal speedup without pitch correction, i get that it was hard to do until the 90s but these days a washing machine processor can do that poo poo in real time

if they're anything like the brits, where "high budget" means anything that isn't a pack of d-bags sitting behind a panel for half an hour, then they probably don't have the money for a loving washing machine processor

• Locked thread