Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

basically never watch a netflix produced anything because its trash garbo made for people whos time is meaningless low budget made for tv films lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

when VR takes over all of our watching habits all this Aspect ratio poo poo will come back to haunt people who CROP PIXELS

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

dont crop just let the pixels be free man

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

spankmeister posted:

h8ful 8 owned in 70mm ultra panavision

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Mr.Radar posted:

(i saw that and knew i had to share with this thread)

they know they are content will be watchable for the next 2 years

ASSUMING THEY GO BACK AND REMASTER IN HDR

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Mr.Radar posted:

apple has joined the association for open media as a "founding" (:lol:) member. this bodes will for the adoption of av1.

nooo turn left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

Linguica posted:

I have a Thunderbolt 2 -> HDMI 2 dongle that plays audio through it just fine so I can’t think why there couldn’t easily be a version to just convert / strip the audio and leave the video signal

surprise! the pins can shoot out HDMI

do not pass 60hz, do not collect 200 lines

• Locked thread