Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hey pagancow i found this picture of your toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

These were the poo poo back in the day:

BVM-DE24E1WE

But they are discontinued, and only display rec.709 primaries, and rec.2020 is the new hotness

what is the floppy drive on the front for

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I use mpc-hc and it is very good and I like it better than VLC but imo no media player has ever been as good as QuickTime Pro 5.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Silver Alicorn posted:

thinking of replacing my dick with a vag

i'd do it for like a week or so, yea

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

yea next thing you're going tell me is that the processors in your microwave are more powerful than the ones they sent apollo 11 to the moon with, so you'll just punch a bunch of buttons on the microwave and BLAST YOURSELF INTO OUTER SPACE

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

4) most content that is actually 2.35:1 doesn't fit in them because the black bars get encoded in 16:9 material so hope you enjoy looking at things in little windows.

surely your media player supports cropping and upscaling

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Xaris posted:

*pushes glasses up nose, clears phlegm-coated throat*
ahem, winamp 2.91

it really whips the llama's rear end

winamp is real and strong and it's my friend

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lenses like that are only sold to the fbi for surveillance or to extremely stupid rich people. every professional will just use a 500/5.6 and shoot two stops faster because who gives a poo poo, at that range you have to deal with atmospheric haze and heat distortion and poo poo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you could probably get close to the effect with an ultra high res HDR OLED display, but it will never look quite like a white vector CRT, no.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i use media player classic, but it's still no quicktime pro 5

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lol remember the quicktime 4 interface

"okay, so the volume control is a little thumbwheel, right?"
"yes sir, Mr. Jobs."
"like those little things on a walkman that you can barely work with your fingernail? don't get me wrong, i don't want an actual dial, here."
"no, it's like a thumbwheel. anything else?"
"yea, let's remove all the buttons except play."
"i'm not sure that's such a good ide-"
"and pause."
"you mean you want a pause button and a play button?"
(silent stare)
"i mean, you can only ever be in play mode or pause mode, never both, so if you want to really go for minimalism, we could just do a bi-modal--"
"you're fired."

that lasted like 8 months before v5 came out with all the real buttons back

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Feb 27, 2017

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ShadowHawk posted:

I want an eject button on my media player because skeuomorphism is the only true design paradigm.

I wish you had this too and when u press it it ejects your Ethernet cable or WiFi card

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Last Chance posted:

i seriously cant read four words of your posts without getting sleepy.

I've never read one of your posts

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

when a product's price gets into those kind of digits, the $1 markdown is sort of ridiculous

maybe they're trying to capture the "our budget allows you to purchase any item less than $round_number with cash on hand, above that you need to get it approved" market

Jimmy Carter posted:

yo gently caress B&H they are a lovely company. Buy your stuff from Adorama if you're in NYC.

They had a really good deal to build out their warehouse facility in the Navy Yard, and then right when their workers were tired of their bullshit and started talking about unionizing they immediately move it to NJ.
last year the feds filed a lawsuit against them for being racist and their response was to offer to pay a $120k settlement.

also they're run and staffed entirely by hasidim so maybe that factors into it if you're that kind of person iuno

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you literally make your living by making ads, dude. I don't think you get to complain about the half-truths advertisers use to sell their products

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

pagancow posted:

Son,

We live in a world that has money, and that money has to be guarded by men with ads. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Sagebrush? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You adblock, and you curse the corporations. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That half-truth ads, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me making ads, you need me making ads. We use words like momes, chome, more corezzz. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent creating branded content. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very free websites that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a camera and shoot some ads. Either way, I don’t give a drat what you think you are entitled to.

this is extremely insulting to Colonel Nathan R. Jessup, Commanding Officer, United States Marine Ground Forces Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and to the Corps as a whole

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

otoh, open source software is garbage, so

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 24 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hifi posted:

its past 5:30 or so, so flux just turned my screen orange :baby:

same. ux is king and everything else, including technical accuracy, must accommodate it

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

AtomD posted:

gonna need to reads a couple of books to understand the concept of 'nearly infinity'

every number is equally far from infinity, so therefore if any number can be described as "nearly infinity", all numbers can

v clever imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

god tier dadding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

RLE

• Locked thread