Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hifi
Jul 25, 2012

univbee posted:

yes, there are only like three uhd blu-ray players that support dolby vision (but i think they all support hdr10)

to get dolby vision support, the cheapest option is the lg up970, which is like $250USD

the two oppo players are your other option but i think the cheaper of those players is like $500

the xbox one doesn't support dolby vision at this time, whether it can get it from some future update or not is unknown

that being said, the selection of dolby vision uhd discs is pretty thin right now

The Cabin in the Woods
Despicable Me
Despicable Me 2
The Fate of the Furious
Power Rangers (2017)
RED
RED 2
Resident Evil Vendetta (some just-released CG movie)
Starship Troopers: Traitor of Mars (another just-released CG masterpiece)
Warm Bodies

and no one has a loving clue wrt announced future uhd discs because none of the companies care enough to confirm the hdr standard for their "coming soon to uhd blu-ray" press announcements

i don't want to see those movies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

if the numbers arent going up then somethings wrong - stock ppl

• Locked thread