Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
virtualdub mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

atomicthumbs posted:

i'm thinking of putting a pair of cameras at equal altitude on the sides of mountains in the desert to make the desert small

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe this is a good place to ask this

echinopsis posted:

son wants to make miecraft vids where he records the gameplay and also webcamms his face and then does picture in picture
much like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePK_j6y67Mw

anyone ave any experience

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
coz like cyber risk or ?? rapists?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Roosevelt posted:

cause he might end up like the guy up in the corner

lol that dude is rich from playing minecraft (like net worth over 200k pounds) and he owns many fidget spinners

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bulgakov posted:

hell yeah model names

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

spankmeister posted:

I looks like garbage especially the lower light scenes but it's a decent movie regardless

irrelevant

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
how do i grade and filter to make this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol if you aren’t enxoding with h266 already

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

The high resolution cameras cropped down are still like 28MP so just jump in

my 350d is 8mp and I dont think ive ever wished it was more :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

"8 mega pixels is enough" gently caress outa here bud my sock lint has more resolution than the sensor in that thing

photos of my kids are cute and more valiable that million dollar dick pics that you make mate

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

in the future, we will all be flying around in internet 2021 like johnny nmemonic with our 21k displays searing into our eyes and you'll still be herp derping around with 8mp point and shoot plugged into some dc adapter because the battery died 5 years ago and you'll be like "its good enough!!!!! now wheres an sd card reader?" and we'll all laugh because thats like using a floppy drive in 2017

i think you mean compact flash

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
ragnarok was cool. talk about it here

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thor ragnarok

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Munkeymon posted:

I'm happy that pagancow will be able to enjoy a Taika Waititi film now that Ragnarok is out :unsmith:

why couldnt she have enjoyed what we do in the shadows

boy is also good esp at the start

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
think the reason pagan cow doesn’t like thor is that there is more than two colours

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

who is going to care about the hour long samsung washer ad IF YOU CANT EVEN SEE IT IN REAL 10 BITS?

lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

pagancow posted:

dark knight rises was bomb rear end poo poo it was great i loved it and you should know that CHRISTOPHER NOLAN loves film and you should too

i love inception

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/948190000297979904

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
so i watched xmen first class on a tv thru apple tv bought off itunes and tell me what was it about it that made it look soooo poo poo
compared to what i saw at home when i downloaded a pirated blu ray 1080p rip

something to do with the motion, not so much the quality of the encode as such ...

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that movie has aged pooooooorly

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

it was never that great to begin with imo

i had fond memories of parts of it and I like the general start of the xmen part, but the gimmick children are tragic

the vfx on the bat boy were trerrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

I think X-men 2 is still the best one.

idk if i saw tjat one it came out a while
ago huh

Shaggar posted:

days of future pants is pretty good

young magneto is cool and young prof x is also cool

and the kid that slows down time is cool

Doc Block posted:

all the young x-men in X-Men First Class seem like the B team IMHO

LOL that every new x-man movie except Logan takes place in the past so they can use younger actors

what about the one who’s power is to adapt to survive? what kind of power is that? it’s so weirdly non specific

univbee posted:

iTunes encodes are pretty conservative data-wise, like for 1080p it seems like they average the bitrate at 4000, 4500, 5000 or 5500kbps for the video track (not sure if there's any logic behind which of these they ultimately use), and on top of that the bitrate peaks are like 13000kbps because very few will call them for a blocky image but they sure as poo poo will if they keep getting interruptions on their poo poo dsl connection (and all of this with lower-end encoding profiles for older apple devices). i think that combination can lead to weird results

pirate rips typically have like 2-3x the average bitrate and will go whole hog on bitrate peaks because they're not encoded with streaming over the internet in mind

modern blu ray pirate rips are fuckin top notch imo

720 for most movies that i might wanna watch once and is a comedy or whatever and like 1080 for big budget poo poo it’s a good solution

i mean

in theory
if i did that

• Locked thread