Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

the Total Annihilation intro movie used Bink

lol my phone tried to autocorrect Bink to Bunk

That was such a good vid and such a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I don't know OP, VLC seems good

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

uninstall

Why tho

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

not taking the bait to install vlc

???? ??

I unironically don't know why I wouldn't use vlc

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Dred_furst posted:

Because it's a video player that doesn't understand what video is. It's so ham fisted and badly implemented over the years it makes Windows' video decoder architecture look positively divine in comparison. If you try and take vlc out of its comfort zone of a computer monitor and a pair of headphones, the entire thing becomes a cluster gently caress. Is that decoded then reencoded audio being sent to your amplifier or is it the original bitstream via HDMI? Who knows! Vlc won't tell you. Why is the audio coming through as white noise? Vlc stripped the audio headers off the bitstream and put the wrong ones back on.

A normal media player you set the audio device, check the 'send as bitstream' option and that's it, it works.

E: trap sprung

E2: I don't know if I've ever gotten surround sound out of vlc. Usually I'm sick of it by the time I've tried to get it to work that I just open it in Windows media player or mpc-hc. At least those work.

oh well i don't try to do weird things with it so i guess it works fine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

yes weird things like play a DVD video.

or any video with limited range

or anything with interlacing

or anything with audio.

or anything without your gunnars on

i run vlc on linux and the audio is fine

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

would have been better if it was me shooting down the barrel of the sigma 500 2.8 tho

Your mom's dildo codec has arrived

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

atomicthumbs posted:

I have a portable betacam deck and a tiny Sony miniDV recorder and the miniDV is infolithium-powered so I wouldn't need a battery belt for it, but I'll still need some way to get 120v to the camera and I'm wondering if the BVW-35 would be better at recording a hosed-up composite signal

cyberpunk 2017 thread is that way ->

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

what is u favorite codec and why

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

VC-5 since it's resolution independent, color space independent, supports 12-bpc + alpha, and has quality sliders from proxy, to visually lossless for full VFX workflow.

does vlc support this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

pagancow posted:

if by "support" you mean colors come out of your monitor that you dont care about, then yes.

cool then its worthwhile to use

• Locked thread