Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burning swine
May 26, 2004

hmmm

yes, someone definitely needs to make freespace 3

:ltash:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Munkeymon posted:

atren't all gaming monitors tn panels tho?

I mean it's not fuckin 2004 anymore

not all of them but most, primarily because the focus is now on high refresh rate (120 or 144hz), and TN, for all its faults, remains the most responsive type of TFT

There are a few 120hz IPS panels now but I don't know how good they are. Back when everyone was going crazy over their weird-rear end "overclocked" 60hz -> 120hz korean panels, that poo poo was awful. Ghosting and blur for days.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

pagancow posted:

would have been better if it was me shooting down the barrel of the sigma 500 2.8 tho

I got to do extensive work on a device once that incorporated the infamous 300-800mm "sigmonster", it owned bones

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

lol remember the quicktime 4 interface

uhg

quicktime was the realplayer of non-realplayer video players. stick with me here

it was bad

burning swine
May 26, 2004

c:\users\pagancow\Desktop\ads_actually_good.txt:ins:

burning swine
May 26, 2004

pagancow posted:

Just face it, you're going to be like a model M user clinging to your 1986 keyboard hoping it never dies.

it will not ever die lol

burning swine
May 26, 2004

whats a nit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burning swine
May 26, 2004

fishmech posted:

its real bad that tvs still come set up with overscan by default, it looks like real garbo

I haven't seen an overscanning lcd tv in ages

my parents own a "polaroid" "1080p" tv that was some black friday special. It's in permanent overscan mode that you can't disable, i'm fairly certain so they could build them with panels that had yield fuckups in the hidden areas

that was like 2006 though

• Locked thread