Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i like h265 these days, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I am thinking of getting a up3017 cause its like the only 30" 16:10 monitor. is it good?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

just get a 21:9

lol. be serious.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

mishaq posted:

get dual 16:9 4k monitors, it's cool & good

yeah maybe if you're a poor person or something.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

TFTcentral hasn't reviewed it yet, but I'm surprised they are still selling this for 1k when the 3014s were being sold for 1K back in 2014. Looks like the only improvement is p3 color space, but it's not clear if its a p3 panel or adobe rgb panel, either way make sure you can return it if you don't like it since their 2415 had this huge green veiling all over the screen that was unavoidable and it was unacceptable.

they're selling it for $1k cause its 16:10 and not a Korean no-brand.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

Dell's UP3216Q UHD-1 monitor is like just 200 dollars more and it's such a better display over the 3014

16:9 no thx.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Doc Block posted:

the border/bezel provides visual separation from the monitor's surroundings and whatever is behind it. ideally, the bezel should be matte black since your eye is drawn to lighter colors, and you don't want the bezel to compete with what's on screen.

fat bezels fuckin suck and make equipment larger than it needs to be. plus when using multiple monitors it creates empty space between them that shouldn't exist.

altho i guess if ur 3d vision is so bad you get your display confused with the surroundings you might need some kind of additional device to provide separation.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the :9 is the worst

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

16:10 vs 16:9 mattered when a 21" display was like $2000. now you just go up to the 24 to get that extra height and who gives a poo poo about the aspect ratio.

aspect ratio is critical

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
would buy

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

get hosed UHD havers

http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/dell-ultrasharp-32-8k-monitor-up3218k/apd/210-alez/monitors-monitor-accessories

7680 x 4320 at 60 Hz
hardware LUT
p3 native
DP 1.4 only (lol HDMI havers)

Now I'll be able to look at my 32 megapixel images the way they were meant to be seen!

:slick:

shame about the aspect ratio

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

shags, I love you, but you don't care about AR when you have that many pixels/ screen real estate.

that many pixels just makes it even more obvious how many are missing

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

pagancow posted:

Just face it, you're going to be like a model M user clinging to your 1986 keyboard hoping it never dies.

mechanical keyboards have made a comeback idk why proper monitor resolutions cant.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its 90% scene being set in their poo poo ways and 10% nobody understanding how to set it up properly yet. everything and their dog does hevc hardware coding these days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I just realized I could disable webm in edge. youtube is so much better now.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
days of future pants is pretty good

• Locked thread