Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which New England state will be your lover?
Maine (beautiful, outdoorsy, minor drug habit)
New Hampshire (kind of weird but nice, minor drug habit)
Vermont (really gorgeous hippy, likes to ski and smoke weed)
Massachusetts (bossy beach babe)
Rhode Island (tiny and loud, minor gambling habit)
Connecticut (tsundere)
View Results

• Locked thread
Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lobster rules and only idiots think otherwise.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

yea I have a hard time saying lobster is overhyped, maybe if you have rubbery week old frozen lobster or something I could possibly see your point. But fresh lobster, when you pull the meat from the shell and its covered with those little white globules of fat, is ambrosia. Like I have a hard time blelieveing it is actually an organic natural thing and not some delicious lab grown exemplar of the perfect savory food.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
I like when nerds are like "it's an ocean bug, heheh who would eat that. it used to be illegal to feed slaves lobster more than twice a week!", as though that's either an accurate statement for lobster today, or that it detracts from how awesome fresh atlantic lobster actually is. (And they can ship it worldwide fresh thanks to the magic of "ice".)

Guess you win, losers. Nobody will ever force you to eat lobster ever again.

simmyb
Sep 29, 2005

I live in Connecticut and it sucks :confused:

Coffee Wolf
Oct 12, 2007

Mmmmm Banana

simmyb posted:

I live in Connecticut and it sucks :confused:

Yes it does. But then you live somewhere else and you're like "hmm I can afford to live at (place that is not CT) but it sucks donkey balls even worse than CT". Now I won't move because of reasons, but I totally would like to so I can not pay a poo poo ton in rent.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

living next to one of the smelly mills.

Try living near a pill mill. Pfizer absolutely reeked. I don't know what the hell they were pumping into the atmosphere.

free hubcaps posted:

calling subs grinders

No one outside of NE can duplicate a grinder. It's not like it's difficult or relies on some regional magic ingredient. The only national chain that comes remotely close is Jersey Mike's.

This is also true of the black and white cookie. The Italian bakers in New London were artists, plain and simple. All attempts to replicate the B&W outside the northeast result in waxen, chemical garbage.

Devil's Hopyard. As I kid I thought the devil lived there and hopped around. I mean honestly, outside of a craft beer nerd, who knows what a Hopyard is? Even if I did know, then the devil owned this one, implying that he was uh, in the vicinity tending to the crops and securing a distribution deal?

The accent: it exists. It's really obvious if you leave and return after a number of years. I have just enough remaining that a coworker overheard me on the phone and it triggered a pattern match with a Moby interview he'd heard years before. He's from Darien. Independent confirmation.

Stores: Two Guys and Railroad Salvage, bitches. Yes, RS carried exactly what the name implies. Sneakers still covered in mud picked up from train wrecks, I poo poo you not.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBDBaMGvJtw

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Where is Des Moines on the poll. You can't put up Des Moines in the title and not have em in the poll.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It doesn't deserve a spot

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Rhode Island isnt even an island

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i was gonna make some crack about "new england: the deep south of the north" but from what i hear that's more Pennsylvania/Western NY

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

im "meh" on lobster but i feel like it's prolly just a freshness thing; dungeness crab was always way better to me but out here on the best coast the crab is naturally way fresher + cheaper because we actually fish it here whereas all lobster comes from the other side of the country so even when its shipped live and served fresh it's like fuckin' $30/lb and you just spend the ehole time thinking like "i could have bought three times as much crab for this bullshit price"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Fresh lobster is super good. Went up to Maine a few times and both had really fresh lobster as well as got to see a monster lobster some lobster fishermen had caught that was nearly three feet long, they brought it home to take photos and videos of before releasing it again(since the meat of one that size isn't good for eating anymore).

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
I like that Vermont has signs like these:

:frogout:

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

why is it loving snowing again

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Heated wiring is the fuckin best

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I enjoy lobster but I hate cooking it. Last time I had it was 2 years ago when I won 15lbs / 10 live adults from a work raffle. I had some people over for a lobstah suppah but they had to cook it. No such thing as a free lunch after all. I only steam them though, I don't bother with the fancy poo poo like stuffing and baking.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

This is pretty much what every rhode islander looks like:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

This is pretty much what every rhode islander looks like:

like generic under-40 white people?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

OMGVBFLOL posted:

like generic under-40 white people?

Sometimes they tan

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

took this shot of the awesome moonrise last night as I left work, looking east over the Connecticut river

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Another foot of snow, and now my car is dead after I shoveled it out for work. Woo!

Too much white bullshit

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

Yo born and raised in NH. I loving hate the winter

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Yo born and raised in NH. I loving hate the winter

:hf:

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Winter is the best season, gently caress alls of yours opinions. :colbert:

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
i like how "i'm from boston" doesn't necessarily mean you live in boston but rather that it's less than three hours away from where you actually live

JakeP posted:

I pooped in a lobsters mouth then watched a Imax movie at jordan furniture

i loving love how you have to go in a roundabout way through showrooms to get to the theater as if you're going to impulse buy a sofa

free hubcaps posted:

Also Worcester is a cool town, I've seen many a metal show at the palladium

seeing marduk upstairs in the tiny room was awesome, drinking beers with karl sanders at the 99 across the street was awesome

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Butch Cassidy posted:

Winter is the best season, gently caress alls of yours opinions. :colbert:

Fall is the best season you heathen. You can still swim in rivers on one end and you can ski on the other.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

garfield hentai posted:

i like how "i'm from boston" doesn't necessarily mean you live in boston but rather that it's less than three hours away from where you actually live

This is true

Also OP you should probably add clam strips to the OP, and Dr. Seuss

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
clam strips are great if you like the chewy greasy aspect of fried clams but you're not big on the whole flavor thing

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea really the sand and mud add so much to the flavor

I'll eat mussels and clams on the half shell all day but lol if you think whole belly clams are somehow better than good quality clam strips

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

OWLS! posted:

Fall is the best season you heathen. You can still swim in rivers on one end and you can ski on the other.

This is really the only acceptable season debate.

And whole belly clams or GTFO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep-beep car is go
Apr 11, 2005

I can just eyeball this, right?

garfield hentai posted:

That's because nobody cares when you say "I'm from Framingham" or "I'm from Clinton."

• Locked thread