Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I believe the state of US education is...
Doing very well...
Could be better...
Horrendously hosed...
I have no idea because I only watch Fox News...
View Results

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

on the left posted:

Explain the societal benefit of dropping 70k/year on special ed for a single student. I'm assuming we will never see any of that money back in the form of income taxes.

"You see, if you accept my base assumption that this cannot possibly be good, it therefore is clearly bad!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Let's just do that dumb YA Netflix original where they do Hunger Games via standardized tests. :downs:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

on the left posted:

It's odd that the demands for equal funding only go in one direction, towards the weakest and most marginalized groups. Almost as if demands for equality are being used to advance a true agenda that would be deeply unpopular if revealed in the current political climate.

It's almost like white people already have the privilege of higher level socioeconomic standing and better funded schools and it's not fair that other groups can't expect the same.

"Affirmative action is racist against white people. :qq:"

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

shovelbum posted:

From a leftist perspective isn't the hideously problematic? Like everyone who becomes a teacher knows teachers endure this kind of thing if they want to keep their jobs, and still continue to sign up to perform this class-treasonous dog and pony show.

It's not class treason to believe kids deserve a good education from someone who cares.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Crabtree posted:

If they're seriously going to force private schools to be christian than that's only going to make the rich stupid. Not to mention flood the market with a bunch of kids with a completely useless skill of selective bible passage recitation - if that information even retains outside of a more useless mandate to see it on SATs. I mean, what, are they going to expect preacher to be a paying job?

The poor will get stupider than the rich and the rich will enjoy obedient, unquestioning children.

Remember, we're not just dealing with rich people, we're dealing with rich authoritarians. They have a certain vision of how the world ought to be and will do what they have to, to force the world into that position, whether or not anything about their vision is actually worth a drat.

• Locked thread