Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I believe the state of US education is...
Doing very well...
Could be better...
Horrendously hosed...
I have no idea because I only watch Fox News...
View Results

• Locked thread
Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If they're seriously going to force private schools to be christian than that's only going to make the rich stupid. Not to mention flood the market with a bunch of kids with a completely useless skill of selective bible passage recitation - if that information even retains outside of a more useless mandate to see it on SATs. I mean, what, are they going to expect preacher to be a paying job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Except I don't think this really guarantees excellence even for the rich. Specifically because what if they get uppity at the government? Better to make them obedient and docile too, which just brain drains the whole lot anyway.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Shbobdb posted:

Who is "the government"?

This seems like conspiracy-style thinking.

Well there always seems a soros or actors or some other rival rich among those currently in power. If courts and smears don't work, they could just go after their children too to "cut off liberal indoctrination at its root". If they're going straight for education centers to control generations themselves, why not also target those with money immunity?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 20, 2017

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Cease to Hope posted:

I hope our Illuminati masters pick Ellison over Perez although I guess Perez will be a decent vessel for their implacable secret agenda

Well eventually you're going to go after Ivy Leagues if too many liberals keep coming out of them!

BarbarianElephant posted:

I'll have you know that my encyclopedic bible knowledge has come in handy for internet arguments!

As for private schools being just for the rich, that's just the high quality ones. There are plenty of private religious schools in the USA that are quite cheap because they are subsidized by churches with the aim of winning souls via a lot of religious propaganda in the lessons.

Or the local Podunk Religious organization's big university - Like Jerry Falwell's own Liberty! For years the "education" it handed out was not only embarrassing even to other religious schools, the most it would accomplish would just allow you mobility in and around the city of Lynchburg. That's it, hope you like staying here forever! And when you take a look at the eye sore its become over the years, the hill its defaced with a giant LU, the other hill it put the Liberty Mountain Snowflex Center to understand the complexities of Jesus as you impress foreign tourists; the place is resembling more of a carnival than an education facility. And with Junior wedging himself into De Vo's rear end, I'm sure its only going to get more money to expand the most pointlessly flashy Christ Themed Roller-coaster park or whatever.

• Locked thread