Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
I believe the state of US education is...
Doing very well...
Could be better...
Horrendously hosed...
I have no idea because I only watch Fox News...
View Results

• Locked thread
KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Is there a good resource on charter school performance by state, and includes data on students that were kicked out for under performing or being special ed, along with relevant state regulations and if that makes an impact? Or is that data more dispersed and obfuscated?

I am particularly interested in Arizona, because I have family who swear by charter schools here being better than regular schools, but their "data" is entirely personal experience drawn from their own non-disabled children and a belief that they received a better education, particularly because teachers could be fired (one was fired for teaching ancient aliens in a science course, or so goes the anecdote I've heard) and whether this is due to higher standards for teachers or just a greater revolving door to kick teachers out and push a certain curriculum.

I've found some studies on ERIC suggesting that they're typically poor for students with disabilities and that overall their performance varies to a greater degree than public schools, and I am wondering how this compares to other states like Michigan.

Also, teacher tenure and unions protecting lovely teachers above all else are not a thing that exists at any real level is it? Because the same family also swears that this is the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread