Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

TWO ZERGS IN THE TOP 4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dogmother1776 posted:

TWO ZERGS IN THE TOP 4

Those games were not good

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Elyv posted:

Those games were not good

this game 1 tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voO-r-FFCl8&t=937s

guess it's from last week but drat I overlooked this til someone posted it in the HD thread

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Are there any other big tournaments besides ASL currently?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Bottom Liner posted:

Are there any other big tournaments besides ASL currently?

SSL Classic
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/SSL_Classic_Season_1

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
There's also the "AfreecaTV Clan League," which is a clan tournament betweent NeOX, Moo, and wGM. It's not in English so that may be a deal breaker for you, and I've been crazy busy so I haven't really kept up, but from what I've seen it's been pretty good.

The VODs are a bit of a mess, but here's a Youtube that seems to be re-uploading, check out things that have "ACL"

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Due to emergency sirens going off I wasn't able to watch too closely but jesus christ There a reason "Spoiler: Flash Wins" was a meme back in the SA BW thread back in the day

But a Bo5 TvT being done in under 30 mins game time is cccrrraaazzzzyyyyyy

Both Round of 4 matches should be good... but I'm not happy that we'll have to suffer Rapid, SA's impression of Reddit given flesh

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 23, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

WDIIA posted:

Due to emergency sirens going off I wasn't able to watch too closely but jesus christ There a reason "Spoiler: Flash Wins" was a meme back in the SA BW thread back in the day

But a Bo5 TvT being done in under 30 mins game time is cccrrraaazzzzyyyyyy
Seriously. I just finished watching the series, but Flash just totally outprepared Last, who was just expecting normal macro games.

WDIIA posted:

Both Round of 4 matches should be good... but I'm not happy that we'll have to suffer Rapid, SA's impression of Reddit given flesh

The last time I watched Rapid he was saying, "WOW free's taken his third and his Terran opponent has no idea and isn't doing anything about it he's so far ahead!!!" and then when the terran won he was like "wow how did Terran win when free was so far ahead?!" and I wanted to tear my hair out, especially since his co-commentator didn't know any better. Hopefully Artosis can keep things under control.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Shine vs. Bisu will be Sunday night...?

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Shine vs Bisu should be Sunday at normal time.

Shine > Bisu
Soulkey > Flash
=
ZvZ finals lmao everyone loses

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

WDIIA posted:

Between Rapid's socially awkward mania, weaker game sense, and tendency to butcher metaphors, I hope his co-caster talks more.

Looking forward to the Round of 4 though :clint:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

a bit peeved at how short that series was tbh!!

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

I want to try to watch live Sunday and cheer for Shine. Need to see what's left in his secret stash of builds.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The bag

What else is in the bag

The bag of builds

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
PROGRAMMING NOTE: This week the games are on Sat and Sunday, so Shine-Bisu starts at 7 Korean time on Saturday (4 hours from now)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

WDIIA posted:

PROGRAMMING NOTE: This week the games are on Sat and Sunday, so Shine-Bisu starts at 7 Korean time on Saturday (4 hours from now)

Fun fact of the day: Shine was 5-5 vs Bisu in the old days

man I remember how pissed people were about that first OSL series back in the day, I'm excited for this even though I think Bisu has to be favored

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

It's live :woop:

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Elyv posted:

Fun fact of the day: Shine was 5-5 vs Bisu in the old days

man I remember how pissed people were about that first OSL series back in the day, I'm excited for this even though I think Bisu has to be favored

I don't think bisu has ever beat Shine in a set? :O

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Shine's music choice is Linkin Park

Disliked and unsubscribed

Go Bisu, crush the infidel

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

it's 2-1 Shine and Outsider is next

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

dogmother1776 posted:

it's 2-1 Shine and Outsider is next

These are some stunning matches so far. Go Shine go! :eyepop:

Outsider is a rad as hell map, btw

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
btw yall, there are no Protoss temples on Outsider

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

WDIIA posted:

Anakins Hopkin's Podracer!

loool gg Shine

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

SHINE WINS?!? :supaburn:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
That was great, this is great

I'm a little surprised by Bisu, it seems to me that he was expecting more "standard" rush/cheese builds; even though he won game 1 he seemed to be on tilt ever since the drops came out. His micros just felt off

If Soulkey wins, Shine has a very good chance of winning. Tastosis can wax poetic all they want, Z-Z is just a clusterfuck

If Flash wins, I have a hard time seeing Shine winning. Flash has crazy good game sense. And Flash practices a lot with Larva, who despite being kinda bad on stage, is a neat and creative Zerg on stream. So I think it's going to be a lot harder for him to get caught off guard

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE HOS

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 27, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

WDIIA posted:

I think Rapid was thinking about Medusa

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

These are some stunning matches so far. Go Shine go! :eyepop:

Outsider is a rad as hell map, btw

Outsider was probably my favorite map back in the day, there's just so many insane possibilities. I just wish it was balanced PvZ.

I think Bisu could have won G2, Shine continued dropping for longer than he needed to I think. Diving into the middle of the zerg base just did not work out.

Series was sweet

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Good series! These ASL broadcasts are doing a good job of getting me excited for the Remastered Edition.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
This guy casting with artosis shouldn't cast with artosis. Tasteless could maybe save him from himself, but I don't think "somehow a bigger goober than artosis" is a good pairing with artosis.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Elyv posted:

I think Rapid was thinking about Medusa

Yeah thats what immediately sprung to mind, I was surprised when I heard him talking about it because Medusa and Outsider were roughly contemporaneous, so I was impressed if Rapid was dipping back into 08-09 Proleague VODs to get ready

But I guess they use Medusa in SSL

Destination best map btw

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i almost can't watch these matches when it's not tastosis. if i'm catching up via vods i'll skip whole days if tasteless is gone. stop having a life outside starcraft man.

that being said, tvz is the lord's one true matchup.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
DAT SCAN

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol soulkey musta thought are you loving kidding me.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

that was really close to a zvz finals

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

so Shine only beat Flash once in pro play, and it happened to be with a proxy hatchery build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-NHVdG6r3w

I think the dream finals starts with Flash losing to a build like that. I'm super excited to see those special builds Shine has prepared specially for Flash.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

That series was super weird, did someone bet Flash that he couldn't win without Factory units or something?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i was confused too but bio is way more fun to watch so i'm glad he did it. who pioneered mech zerg anyway?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i was confused too but bio is way more fun to watch so i'm glad he did it. who pioneered mech zerg anyway?

For a long time fantasy had infamously bad bio micro so in his first OSL semifinal back in 2008 he went pure mech a bunch(and it was actually pretty popular among terran in general for like, the next year). I think he also pioneered the bio->mech stuff but I'm not as sure on that.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Bisu vs. SoulKey is up, fighting for 3rd place

Still no Tasteless :-(

e: When's the finals???

Elephunk fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 30, 2017

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

WDIIA posted:

DAT SCAN

This game was so loving good and reminded me why I used to fanboy so drat hard for Flash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Zillions magazine posted:

This game was so loving good and reminded me why I used to fanboy so drat hard for Flash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQq2zHWSamU

Flash first person is kinda insane. Even compared to other top korean terrans. I have pretty decent apm in rts games, like 240-280 average depending on game, and the speed he does certain things at blows my mind. Specifically, mouse movements mid-game. Especially when clicking on multiple production buildings or using science vessels. Lots of other great stuff about his play from a "good at bw" perspective.

Also, that game is cool as hell in itself. It's not really something you see in tournaments.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 31, 2017