Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
How does this even work? :psyduck:

https://youtu.be/WlYSqcKdkHI?t=4456

The EMP clearly connects before the Recall happens; you can see it drain the shields. But the Recall goes through anyway. What's up with that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

Zorodius posted:

How does this even work? :psyduck:

https://youtu.be/WlYSqcKdkHI?t=4456

The EMP clearly connects before the Recall happens; you can see it drain the shields. But the Recall goes through anyway. What's up with that?

could be an artifact of momentum/decel, possibly he already "cast" it but the movement AI didn't stop doing its crazy thing until later?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

oh, bisu vs soulkey happened a night ago

it wasn't great

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

Elyv posted:

oh, bisu vs soulkey happened a night ago

it wasn't great

no not at all actually

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
it was in fact p. bad

Elephunk posted:

e: When's the finals???

Sunday at 6 Korean time, so early Sunday morning for the US

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
I wish they streamed ASL on Twitch. I only find out about these games after they happen :(

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I wish they streamed ASL on Twitch. I only find out about these games after they happen :(
I think they stream them on the GSL channel on twitch.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
PvT question: I've noticed a lot of pro-Protoss will stasis the first, closest clump of tanks they see. But ideally, don't you want to stasis the distant side of the tank line?

It seems important- sure, you froze some tanks, but now your zealots have to run a screen length under fire before they start hitting high-value targets. I get that it's risky to fly your arbiters that deep, and the players don't have perfect vision of their targets, but it looks like most Protosses are missing out on value from Stasis.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
They don't have vision to know how far back the tank line extends. Terran has Vessels out by that stage of the game so Observers aren't going to last very long, and if you try diving in with your Arbiter it's going to get hit by EMP.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Zorodius posted:

PvT question: I've noticed a lot of pro-Protoss will stasis the first, closest clump of tanks they see. But ideally, don't you want to stasis the distant side of the tank line?

It seems important- sure, you froze some tanks, but now your zealots have to run a screen length under fire before they start hitting high-value targets. I get that it's risky to fly your arbiters that deep, and the players don't have perfect vision of their targets, but it looks like most Protosses are missing out on value from Stasis.

The tanks in the back will blow up their friends on the front-line if you can get some zealots meleeing the tanks in the front

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

isndl posted:

They don't have vision to know how far back the tank line extends. Terran has Vessels out by that stage of the game so Observers aren't going to last very long, and if you try diving in with your Arbiter it's going to get hit by EMP.

Just stasis the backline after EMP goes off, obviously :v:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Reminder that the finals are tonight. I'm trying to decide whether to pretend I'm still in college and wake up at 3AM to watch them

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I'm worried it will be a blowout but Shine rules and i hope he at least gets a map

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Feeling good about Shine's chances. Soulkey took Flash to game 5 with some wacky builds. Shine has builds prepared for prime-Flash that apparently have huge win rates in practice.

Flash beat Shine in group stage but it was on Camelot and that map is Terran favored.

I think if Shine can win 1 of the first two maps, either Circuit Breaker or Camelot, his chances are extremely good cause he should win on Outsider.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dogmother1776 posted:

Feeling good about Shine's chances. Soulkey took Flash to game 5 with some wacky builds. Shine has builds prepared for prime-Flash that apparently have huge win rates in practice.

Flash beat Shine in group stage but it was on Camelot and that map is Terran favored.

I think if Shine can win 1 of the first two maps, either Circuit Breaker or Camelot, his chances are extremely good cause he should win on Outsider.

Outsider was actually dead even historically in TvZ. I think Flash wins 3-1 because I think he's generally super good against random bullshit.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Those stats are like 8 years old though, it has seemed really zerg favored recently like I would be surprised to see it back next season even though it's a really cool map.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

The map is very zerg favored PvZ because protoss has to work very hard to get their second gas, but I don't remember a lot of TvZs on it lately.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

I think main focus right now in TvZ is zerg's 3rd gas and it feels relatively easy on Outsider cause Terran must use drops to threaten the 3rd. There hasn't been a ton of games played but the ones I have seen it always seems like zerg is winning.

Like Zerg doesn't do stuff like 2 hatch muta anymore so it's either win with lings or you must get a 3rd gas to win vs Terran.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
3-0 Flash, dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
3-2 Flash, at least one of the games is gonna have a proxy nydus get scouted at the worst time and cost Shine the game.

In my wildest dreams, it's a 3-2 for Shine and he busts out a BM infested CC.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Shine's gonna win this ya'll just watch

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

lol Shine isn't even in the intro, he's totally gonna win

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah they really wanted Jaedong v Flash finals lol

Tastosis actually on main stage!

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I have no clue how this'll go. Flash is the macro master but Shine just busts out these insane strategies. I guess it depends on just how deep the Bag of Builds is. The dichotomy is REAL

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jun 4, 2017

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

holy moley 2 hatch muta

edit "2 hatch muta"

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

flash is stupid good.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

That build was so cool...

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I dare say most Terrans get rekt by that

But Flash... that game sense can't be beat..

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

flash can never be rused

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

korean streamers are worse than pewdiepie.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ballsy build by shine

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Minrad posted:

flash can never be rused

he got 4 pooled last zerg game he had.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nutty cheese, yum
Gimme some of that Beaufort :yum:

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Looks very ugly for Shine right now SK Terran is extremely strong on this map.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I lol'd a lot at the drone as an irradiate shield for the lurkers

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 4, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

no mortal can reverse sweep flash

it's ogre

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

SK Terran is the coolest looking thing in any rts game

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

They changed the map order for finals? Andromeda is first?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do koreans really like the type of lovely music these streams all play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary