Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where the hell is SC:R? I thought it'd be out already. School is starting. They've killed all the excitement for it. Even Day[9] has hosed off to host the Dota 2 tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

JollyPubJerk posted:

Where the hell is SC:R? I thought it'd be out already. School is starting. They've killed all the excitement for it. Even Day[9] has hosed off to host the Dota 2 tournament.

August 14.

Loiku
Jul 10, 2007
Does anyone know when the first tournament will be shown using the remastered version?

Synastren
Nov 8, 2005

Bad at Starcraft 2.
Better at psychology.
Psychology Megathread

Loiku posted:

Does anyone know when the first tournament will be shown using the remastered version?

There was a casters-only launch event using SCR. :v:
As for Real Tournaments, I would assume the next one will be broadcast in SCR.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Loiku posted:

I assume it'll be this one:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Afreeca_Starleague_Season_4

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

The fact that I must wait this long is a travesty :colbert:

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

It is a bit of a wait but Afreeca is still broadcasting SCII GSL and I suppose this is their way of pacing the release of content.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I guess there's some pro matches going on right now? English amateur commentary here: https://www.twitch.tv/julyzurg or you can watch the Korean stream in higher quality.

e: Not to spoil the ending, but it turns out Flash is still Flash

Zorodius fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 1, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

still lolling about blizzard killing the new brood war scene for their rerelease.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

still lolling about blizzard killing the new brood war scene for their rerelease.

What did I miss

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

momentum was building with two great gsls and then everyone was like why aren't there any tourneys and it turns out blizzard asked them to stop in the lead up to remastered.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

momentum was building with two great gsls and then everyone was like why aren't there any tourneys and it turns out blizzard asked them to stop in the lead up to remastered.
Isn't this the exact opposite of what you want to do if you're blizzard? :psyduck:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Blizzard always thinks poo poo like that will help rather than hurt

They don't understand anything about why their games are successful esports

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

i'm impressed by how effective it was

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJ4O4mu1OrM#t=9m

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Why does he need 500 APM to wait for drones to hatch?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Mymla posted:

Why does he need 500 APM to wait for drones to hatch?

Warming up his hands.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

There was a high-profile beachfront exhibition in Korea at the Remastered release but other than that it's been slim pickings.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

comedyblissoption posted:

Isn't this the exact opposite of what you want to do if you're blizzard? :psyduck:

yes lol

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

I was thinking that there were ASL qualifiers this weekend. Anyone know about a stream for that?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

dogmother1776 posted:

I was thinking that there were ASL qualifiers this weekend. Anyone know about a stream for that?

I think afstar1 has vods. I wasn't able to watch at all, though

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Elyv posted:

Thanks. There seems to be events in other cities this weekend but those won't have an official stream.

this is who made it so far, ripped from TL.net:

Seeded: (T)Flash, (Z)Shine, (P)Bisu, and (Z)Soulkey.
Group 1 winner: (Z)by.hero
Group 2 winner: (T)Sea
Group 3 winner: (T)Last
Group 4 winner: (P)Mini
Group 5 winner: (P)BeSt
Group 6 winner: (Z)Jaedong
Group 7 winner: (Z)EffOrt
Group 8 winner: (P)Shuttle
Group 9 winner: (T)Light
Group 10 winner: (P)Rain
Group 11 winner: (Z)Larva
Group 12 winner: (T)sSak

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mini's group was funny. ggaemo made stork look really bad in the games he won, then mini won twice in a row by just sending one zealot at a time behind ggaemo's pushes to harass his drones

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

firebathero is still Not Good at TvP

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Elyv posted:

firebathero is still Not Good at TvP

okay so he might win g2 but what the hell is this game

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

5 shield batteries on one screen, I think that's a first for me in watching pro play

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Maelstrom->Storm

Theorycrafting made real

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

Elyv posted:

Me either really, 2 giant videos are up, but no amount of buffering in any browser makes them watchable for more than 30 seconds at a time.
Maybe there is too much demand, not enough bandwidth on their end.

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down
Anything post the SCR release event that's been english casted?

I was sort of interested in watching more SC with the ASL tournaments, then wondered why there wasn't anything for a while. Hearing that its due to blizzard putting a freeze on things is just so incredibly dumb.
Well, not like I play anything other than rocket league these days anyways.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

animatorZed posted:

Anything post the SCR release event that's been english casted?

I was sort of interested in watching more SC with the ASL tournaments, then wondered why there wasn't anything for a while. Hearing that its due to blizzard putting a freeze on things is just so incredibly dumb.
Well, not like I play anything other than rocket league these days anyways.

Yes, asl4 qualifiers. Esportsjohn channel on twitch has some English commentary. Idk how good it is really. I'm so used to watching bw with Korean or no sound from years ago so I haven't actually turned his voice on much

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

there was another mini-tournament a weekend or two ago i think too, but ASL will be back with tastosis this weekend.

flash, bisu, shine, and soulkey are already seeded into the next round.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Quaint Quail Quilt posted:

Me either really, 2 giant videos are up, but no amount of buffering in any browser makes them watchable for more than 30 seconds at a time.
Maybe there is too much demand, not enough bandwidth on their end.

You can use this site to download afreeca vods if you want: http://d-c.kr/

Just paste the vod URL.

dogmother1776
Apr 16, 2016

Light 2-0
Sea 2-1
Larva 1-2
Sky 0-2

Stork 2-0
Last 2-1
MIsO 1-2
sSak 0-2

effort 2-0
Mind 2-1
Lazy 1-2
Rush 0-2

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

emdash posted:

Yes, asl4 qualifiers. Esportsjohn channel on twitch has some English commentary. Idk how good it is really. I'm so used to watching bw with Korean or no sound from years ago so I haven't actually turned his voice on much

I had it on while I was doing some other things, it was OK from what I heard. Esportsjohn seems to have some good game sense who only started casting recently. FlashFTW kinda gets on my nerves but there are far worst. The only thing that annoyed me is that they starting playing 2vs2s with randos during the break, sometimes missing the start of games. I think they're going to be the alternate stream for the whole ASL, so if Tastosis bothers you they are a decent duo I think.

As an aside, with HD out I hope that Tasteosis don't compare everything with SC2 as much, BW is back so we don't need to keep talking about dead bad game.

Aside from being light on Zergs that looks like some decent groups. Glad to see that firebathero makes it. Stork's getting blown out though

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.
Aaaaaah EsportsJOHN is casting? That's incredible. He does have (or used to have) good game sense but definitely is not a Mainly Caster person. He and Winks and me wrote and maintained some SC2 Zerg and Terran strat articles and then he moved to the Heroes of the Storm teamliquid writing team. I'm gonna check out his channel :3

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
if you're looking for a foreigner to watch between ASL and poo poo, this guy's pretty sharp - ex-pro, several tournament wins, ~2300 protoss: https://www.twitch.tv/nal_draco

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ASL is only going to be broadcast on Afreeca, no twitch or YouTube

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
With Afreeca being a streaming service I suppose I can't fault them for not wanting to pay to put content on their competitor's service

Even as someone who lives in East Asia Afreeca's always been slow for me, but I guess one upside of Blizzard being controlling assholes with regard to SC:R is that they probably will make some noise of the English streams are unwatchable

Jowj posted:

Aaaaaah EsportsJOHN is casting? That's incredible. He does have (or used to have) good game sense but definitely is not a Mainly Caster person. He and Winks and me wrote and maintained some SC2 Zerg and Terran strat articles and then he moved to the Heroes of the Storm teamliquid writing team. I'm gonna check out his channel :3
I think what happened was that FlashFTW and BisuDagger where doing the official alternate stream, and then BisuDagger discovered that having a infant child didn't leave much time to be casting esports in the early morning (he actually seemed surprised by this) and had to drop out. So John was quickly brought in as someone who knew his stuff and was a bit of a none quantity (don't want some random dude of TL who doesn't know poo poo about the game or who will start casually dropping the n bomb)

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 8, 2017

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Group A in 4 hours. I'm too old to stay up or wake up in the middle of the night for these the way I did in college so hopefully afreeca vods aren't total rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary