Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
Pretty sure hotkey mods are banned in every major tournament. If you want a [P]robe, you gotta take the trip across the keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Elephunk posted:

I thought so; in fact, I don't even know if custom hotkeys are easily possible in BW (unlike war3).

They're not supported through the game, but it would be pretty easy to set up with Autohotkey or whatever.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
if that was a survival mission, Last totally got a gold medal time

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
This GSL 2v2 is fuckin' amazing

*1v2

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
How does this even work? :psyduck:

https://youtu.be/WlYSqcKdkHI?t=4456

The EMP clearly connects before the Recall happens; you can see it drain the shields. But the Recall goes through anyway. What's up with that?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
PvT question: I've noticed a lot of pro-Protoss will stasis the first, closest clump of tanks they see. But ideally, don't you want to stasis the distant side of the tank line?

It seems important- sure, you froze some tanks, but now your zealots have to run a screen length under fire before they start hitting high-value targets. I get that it's risky to fly your arbiters that deep, and the players don't have perfect vision of their targets, but it looks like most Protosses are missing out on value from Stasis.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
I guess there's some pro matches going on right now? English amateur commentary here: https://www.twitch.tv/julyzurg or you can watch the Korean stream in higher quality.

e: Not to spoil the ending, but it turns out Flash is still Flash

Zorodius fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 1, 2017

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
if you're looking for a foreigner to watch between ASL and poo poo, this guy's pretty sharp - ex-pro, several tournament wins, ~2300 protoss: https://www.twitch.tv/nal_draco

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
It looks like Disruption Web is almost useful, but just costs a little too much mana from a unit with no other purpose in the matchup.

Maybe if you shoot down enough science vessels while you're at it, that could be worth the cost of the Corsairs?

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Would it be unfair to say that Jaedong really needs to work on his macro? He keeps making these fierce tactical plays with brilliant micro and an 80 supply deficit, doing next-level backflip kung-fu while his opponent just goes, "uh, okay" and rolls over him with the next couple waves of sheer numbers.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

No Wave posted:

People were mostly talking about the funny little stairs in the campaign missions that don't exist in multiplayer.

Like those on the right side. I'm sure most of us remember wrestling goliaths up them. Or Dragoons up the equivalent in protoss maps. I don't believe they're used in real competitive maps... for good reason.

It would be rad if someone hacked the installation tileset into a melee map though

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Rapid sucks.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
It really seems like broodlings were always supposed to be the counter to big Terran mech armies. I'm glad to see that was true all along, except for all the times it wasn't.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Rapid's mouth moves faster than his brain. Then he'll realize he said something dumb, and try to salvage it, but he just winds up finding some way to make it twice as bad.

I respect his enthusiasm, but the dude needs to calm down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
going back a ways here, but-

This was badass. Much better games than the ASL finals. Wish Soulkey had made it there instead.

Despite what Tastosis keep saying, ZvZ really does feel like a coin flip a lot of the time.