Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Synastren posted:

Surprise announcement at the GSL semifinals.

We get a single elimination exhibition tournament from our BW bonjwas before the GSL final.

It's probably gonna be done in the brood war re-release Blizzard has been teasing for a few years now. The SC1 anthology just went out of stock on B.net. https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/starcraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

LLCoolJD posted:

I really enjoyed the Terran campaign in the original Starcraft. A chance to play through The Hammer Falls again using a new engine would be welcome.

On topic: it'd be great for competitive Brood War multiplayer, too.

it's not a new engine, it's supposedly just an updated battle.net interface and larger resolutions (with hd models)

the entire sc1 campaign is rebuilt in sc2 though. the problem with it is kinda highlighted when I tried it: it's just loving slow and boring to play compared to the newer campaigns of SC2.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah everything we know about it is just anonymous korean "sources" and forum posts.

At worst we get to watch Jaedong, Flash, Bisu, and Stork slug it out. But now there's an offical Blizzard post on the event mentioning that Mike Morhaime is there and making special note of Starcraft's 19th anniversary.

quote:

Since its release in 1998, StarCraft has been weaving your past and present together: 19 years of fond memories within the Koprulu Sector — playing StarCraft with friends or at LAN parties, discussing strategies, practicing your micro and macro, and watching the rise of the new heroes we cheer for in tournaments, LANs, and BarCrafts — has elevated StarCraft to an experience that every generation can share and enjoy together, even all these years later. Your continued passion, support, and dedication are the reason StarCraft has become so much more than just a game.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped make this happen and celebrate StarCraft’s 19th anniversary together.

(bonus lol at Blizzard doing more for Starcraft's 19th anniversary than they did for Diablo's 20th if this HD re-release is real)

Minera fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 21, 2017

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

That wasn't the impression I got watching ASL at all, it was almost tiring hearing the basics of Brood War and unit control and why it's so hard, but I'll put up with it cuz I know exactly why they gotta explain that. Hell if anything I'm pretty sure as long as they're together Tastosis could be enthusiastic about casting paint drying and have a good time.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

that game 4 :allears:

Like I've seen it happen before, but not in a high level game and so recently. Observers OP!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Elyv posted:

Those games were not good

this game 1 tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voO-r-FFCl8&t=937s

guess it's from last week but drat I overlooked this til someone posted it in the HD thread

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

3-2 Flash, at least one of the games is gonna have a proxy nydus get scouted at the worst time and cost Shine the game.

In my wildest dreams, it's a 3-2 for Shine and he busts out a BM infested CC.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah they really wanted Jaedong v Flash finals lol

Tastosis actually on main stage!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

flash can never be rused

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

no mortal can reverse sweep flash

it's ogre

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

shine sucks rear end.

awww his kid :3

family man brutally murdered live on stage in front of sister, grandma, wife, and kids

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Minrad posted:

family man brutally murdered live on stage in front of sister, grandma, wife, and kids

well

this is retroactively in bad taste

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTdGqzrv7wQ&t=210s

v nice

:roflolmao: when he collapses screaming into his pikachu doll while jaedong watches holy poo poo

Minera fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Elephunk posted:

i don't really get the context - why is he so upset? got 3 hatch linged or something?

edit: http://wiki.teamliquid.net/commons/images/2/25/LarvaProfile.jpeg

things like that are the reason Koreans should let some people smoke pot

he went 1-8 against jaedong in some scrims

that was game 9 lol