Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

The Scan and Nyoken casts really aren't that bad. I watched Artosis stream on twitch for the first time ever (or in a really long time) and got very turned off by his "streamer personality" which is very different than a Tastosis cast.

It's also nice to not be waiting forever for ASL games, both Ro4 games that are up and not Tastosis casted yet are awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

ASL Finals - Tastosis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahnzlVnvdPE

rush's wife is super fine

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Heavy_D posted:

Also a fan of that carrier and tons of zealots build on Lemon. Is that a map-specific strategy because you have a poo poo-ton of minerals in the main, or a counter to the double-armoury play, or something else?

I think that's a style of PvT pioneered by Mini. The casters kept describing "zealot-heavy" as his trademark style on the Scan/Nyoken channel.
Makes sense to me. Looks like muta/ling for a different matchup from a different race!

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Elyv posted:

The impression I've gotten is that Scanyoken don't get paid by afreeca, their casts are on their own channel and at least on youtube, don't go up until the next day, although I don't know if they livestream them on twitch or something.

IIRC last season I was able to watch the ASL live broadcast on afreecatv.com with scan/nyoken casting

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14npi5CuG50

Day 2 - awesome stuff

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Aces High posted:

Again, Artosis is the only creator on YouTube I follow that routinely does that, so it caught me off guard when he first started doing it because I didn't usually see stuff like that from other accounts I follow (and I largely ignore those types of videos in the wild unless someone gives me a recommendation). It doesn't mean I'll stop watching his casts, I just didn't really understand why he needed to do it now and not before

He probably just hired a successful stream editor who made the thumbnails. I doubt it was much more thought than that.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

anchorpunch posted:

Here we go! aSL 15 ! Some really nice games in Group A! I do quite like the Nyoken and Eonzerg cast, took me a moment to get used to it, but they are doing a pretty good job.
E: Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbc-zUrx8Yg

yeah i'm just gonna watch them instead of waiting a week+++ for artosis. this is a sick set

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

drat the masks are off and announcer lady is lookin fiiiiine

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

Do you ever watch Artosis and these replays and think he might have a point about Brood War balance?

If you watch enough ASL and watch Art play you can actually see him making his common mistakes and assumptions over and over again. It's just hard to get to that point where you begin to see his mistakes. There's a reason he's best friends with Scan and doesn't scrimmage him on stream, the ladder is more entertaining and actually feasible for him to play on

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

lol this was amazing

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Group E and F are up from the hotel room.

Turning on "mono audio" in the windows settings menu makes it listenable for me.

I like the top YT comment on group D - "Why are they sleeping in seperate beds?"

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Blitz Y is a cool rear end map. Whoever made that one was patting himself on the back in game 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

DTurtle posted:

Even Tastosis were really struggling.

But the Mini video is hilarious.

Tasteless really has no idea what he's talking about in ZvZ, but it wasn't a bad series for being that matchup