Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Ro. 4, Day 1:

Can't say that I was crazy about those games. Some great psi storms and scarabs, though. I'd love to see peak-era Jaedong on Sparkle... I never felt like Hero had a shot on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Iretep posted:

guys i think terran is hosed in tvp now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoFmZhrYxmw

As if Arbiters weren't dangerous enough.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

ASL 3/4 match was quality Brood War.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Seeing Flash in the audience was weird.

PvP isn't the same beast as PvT, clearly. "Mild" is a good way of putting it. The 3/4 matches were way more entertaining.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

ZvZ knife fights don't do anything for me. PvP is a little more interesting, but not that great. TvT positioning battles, on the other hand, can be super cool to watch. There's nothing quite like them. Just my opinion, of course.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

ASL ro. 8 day 4:
Tastosis were quite gracious with Mini's performance against Flash, despite the 3-0. I guess when you are up against the GOAT they have to cut you some slack in their assessment of your play.

It's a shame that Mini's carrier force in game 3 never reached critical mass. It would have been cool to see how Flash would have handled a marauding carrier group with an Arbiter casting stasis on some of the army.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

the effort vs last series owned

those burrow strats in game 5 lmfao

Yeah, that was a great wrinkle. The better player definitely won, although Last's defense was pretty solid throughout (e.g. turrets on Circuit Breakers). I'm glad that we might get a Flash/effort finals. TvT is my favorite mirror match in Brood War, but I prefer a TvZ.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Elyv posted:

...I'm pretty sure the best part of Starcraft in the last week is Artosis repeatedly dunking on Tasteless for his unironed shirt in KSL game day 1.

I still have no idea how he has time for 3 young kids, a wife, and all of those solitary hours spent watching and playing Starcraft. Plus travel.

Also, Valks rule but surprise tactical burrow is the bomb.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Flash v. Shuttle: Flash looked so at home in all aspects of the TvP. He even sniffed out the sneaky reaver drop disguised as a dragoon push in game 2. I never got the impression that Shuttle had much of a chance once these extended into big macro games. Game 3 demonstrated why the old Protoss champs loved to stasis those tank armies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Flash v Effort finals :drat:

Sniffing out the vulture drop in game 5 really protected his drone count and gave Effort some separation. By the time those Ultras started galloping over to Flash's base it was basically over... two bases against four. Great win, great tournament by Effort.