Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy jesus this best vs. shine match that just ended was amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a cow posted:

yeah, that was a weird one

how can you carefully build up all these incremental advantages from probe kills and then throw it away like that? was he just waiting for the gg from best after mutas were done?

i think in his initial push he just figured he'd won and didn't need to control well, and in his second attack he split his army to try and surround best for...some reason, which was not the thing to do

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the effort vs last series owned

those burrow strats in game 5 lmfao

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the hell is shuttle doing in this 3rd place series :psyduck:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HOLY poo poo THESE FINALS :stare:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

if you did not watch these finals, watch them

the whole thing

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Aces High posted:

say what you will about some of the players in KSL but I've now gotten my chance to see every unit combination. Except Scouts, but Scouts suck always

back in june during the 13 hour deathstream there was a scout in a match https://www.twitch.tv/videos/279514436?t=10h17m14s

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i can't watch asl live this season for the most part so i'm catching up on the matches now

i am heck of irritated that there's a map called block chain lmao

e: holy lmfao nada, i'm so sad that didn't work but so happy it happened

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 13, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i am enjoying this season so far, i even caught tuesday's games live since i had a migraine monday that made me sleep all day and was up all night as a result

sometimes i think about trying to play starcraft again myself and then as soon as i do my wrist starts hurting so badly that i decide not to even install it

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

abuse culture. posted:

Why do terrans keep trying this stupid Goliath poo poo that never works vs Zerg

it can work if the terran employing it is really really good.

if they're not a top-tier terran though they should just stick to sk terran, and even if it does work i question whether it's actually better than sk terran at all.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

skasion posted:

That mine hit in game 5 today :eyepop:

i actually winced at that :stonk:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah this was the least interesting set of games in the round of 16.

i felt bad for sacsri, he got completely crushed. i didn't figure he'd make it to the next round anyway, but i did not expect him to get steamrolled that badly.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well, mind sure tried.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Elyv posted:

About midway through game 3 I noticed that Effort was consistently 100+ APM faster than Mind and I think it really manifested itself in the late games since he could simply do more stuff

It was a good series.

effort's micro is goddamn insane and he has played ridiculously well as of late. flash nothin', i'd say effort is probably the best brood war player in the world right now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mini looked like an emotional wreck after game 4, i can't believe he pulled that win out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

calling it now: the round of four will have been better than the finals will be, holy moly

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

calling it now: the round of four will have been better than the finals will be, holy moly

nvm lmao effort is too good

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah not a great final

when does ksl start?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Neurosis posted:

They're planning ahead for how big they expect Tasteless to blow up to in future years. It seems like a good prediction to me (what a waste of a handsome genome).

:chloe:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

lilsusie was great and they were a good team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0Niy-fsIA

i miss those days

meh i liked her for the interviews she did with the players but as a caster she really did not know the game at all. super daniel man was a lot better.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iirc daniel completely lost his fuckin poo poo while casting one of idra's rare appearances when idra started talking poo poo in the game chat during the match. it owned.

(gently caress idra)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was just happy to see devourers. they're not very common. we just need some scouts, ghosts and queens now

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

cadenzie needs to get a lot more practice, she's very knowledgeable but very very quiet and softspoken. hopefully she gets there 'cause it'd be rad to have a good woman commentator as well as someone who is better as backup than noregret.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

why the gently caress are people still trying to make that idiotic goliath tvz build work, it's so fuckin bad :psyduck:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

HOLY gently caress FORGG VS MINI GAME 4 :psyboom:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

stork is going to win ksl holy moly

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

no zergs advance past ro8 :whitewater:

e: no terrans advance past ro8 either :whitewater::whitewater:

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 14:24 on May 24, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a cow posted:

Just got caught up with the ro8 matches and daaamn that first real battle in stork v best game 1 :allears: stork nailed that timing just before the reaver came out, and the goon target firing was perfect

bummed as i am about nothing but mirror matches from here on out, it'll all be worth it if stork wins ksl.

and he gonna win ksl.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

That's a wonderful thing, because it makes it statistically more and more likely that we could see a Scout being built :allears:

:yeshaha:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

the dream is dead :qq:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao fuckin sacsri is the first to advance out of the first group

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fanatic posted:

That new map is pretty wacky. I hope we get to see an army get trapped on the wrong side of it.

yeah it is neat and has potential for hilarity. i really like the crazy maps asl has been using the last few seasons, in comparison to ksl which still uses maps that've been around for literal decades.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

larva chose iggy azalea as his intro song, now i hope he loses

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

skasion posted:

I think shed be better paired with Tasteless than Artosis. Artosis is an analyst and Tasteless is an announcer — I’m not saying that to dunk on anybody, but Artosis and Cadenzie ends up kind of being the two of them pondering the strategic state of play quietly to one another while the game is busy happening. It’s fine, I definitely prefer that to Rapid who is just annoying, but it’s not as engaging a combination as Tastosis.

I think Tastosis + Cadenzie might be interesting setup. The Koreans have a famous three caster team with one from each race, right?

i agree that cadenzie would probably pair better with tasteless than artosis. i'm not sure about her casting along with both of them though; i feel like she'd very likely be drowned out by them since when they are together they are quite loud and talk a whole lot. but hey maybe i'm wrong and it'd be awesome, i'm sure open to the idea at least.

she definitely needs to speak up either way but otherwise i greatly appreciated her expertise in zerg, since that's my race.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

drat there were some good-rear end games the last few nights, i fuckin love starcraft

Khorne posted:

Please link games you're talking about. I don't know if I'm an old man or what but I never remember where to watch brood war.

you can watch matches here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK5eBtuoj_HkdXKHNmBLAXg

the streams are live every thursday and sunday night at 3am pacific time. that channel also streams starcraft 2 if you like watching a vastly inferior game.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

everyone knows the real utility of queens is infesting command centers anyway

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

omg what is stork doing to these overlords :stonk:

e: as a zerg player, that game hurt my soul even though i like stork

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jul 14, 2019

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

holy gently caress that first sharp vs. last match :eyepop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

with effort and soulkey going to the military and jaedong being in a major slump, does that leave fuckin sacsri as the best active zerg player in brood war right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

abuse culture. posted:

action is really loving good, i think he might be better than soulkey

for some idiot reason i forgot about action, and you're right he's definitely better

pretty surprised by sacsri making round of 8, i doubt he advances past that but hey