Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Every major DotA tournament gets like 80+ different heroes actually picked during it. It isn't LoL

I've been watching all the ASL and it's sad that Tastosis have kind of lost their enthusiasm a bit. At least with Artosis I think he just doesn't know any of the current builds anymore so he has not much to talk about, and they're kind of sick of re-teaching starcraft to nooblings.

As long as the maps stay good there'll be enough falling asleep material for a while to come though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WDIIA posted:

As the resident Brood War grognard, I really don't think that BWHD is going to send BW back to what it was, or even close to the big esports in Korea. But I think BWHD's greatest potential is that it gets more people playing the PC Cafes, which is where new talent is formed. The greatest threat to BW is the lack of new blood; TBLS is dominating, but they all have to go into the military fairly soon. If BWHD can help churn out some hot new stars, it would go a long way.

It'll never make hey-dey with team league and pro league, but I think it'll cement SC:BW as the standard of competitive computer games and will get some new blood into the mix. Given the audience will be older than the normal demographic, there will be marketing opportunities and young-ins will look to the aging pros and want in.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Hmm... I get the opposite feeling from watching ASL. A&T seem very excited that BW is back.

They are, but years ago they had this enthusiasm that e-sports is going to be a cool thing one day and now it's an established thing so that's gone. Just my opinion though. I wouldn't want anyone else leading the scene back into relevance.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
issue with lategame zerg is that once they lose their mutas they're hosed, and it's really easy to lose those mutas, even if you're JD. I hope they figure out a way to play different.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WDIIA posted:

The unfortunate part is that apparently during this tourney Shine's wife left him and took the kids :smith:

That's why the whole bit with his son was kinda odd :smith: :smith:

so sad :(

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where the hell is SC:R? I thought it'd be out already. School is starting. They've killed all the excitement for it. Even Day[9] has hosed off to host the Dota 2 tournament.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yo gently caress blizzard go kespa, can't believe I said that but its so true

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Not enough SC1 for me. I can't watch SC2 at all, but it's hogging all the tournaments.

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
will tastosis do KSL at all?

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whens the next Tastosis casted series of video games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyPubJerk
Nov 10, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

video is unlisted and their youtube channel doesn't have anything. Any good place that consolidates the english casts?