Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

WDIIA posted:

Any other tournaments work going back and watching or major drama/developments/happenings since early 2018?
https://www.youtube.com/user/IIjinjinnII/videos
Jinjin5000 subtitles a good number of Korean videos (from Flash and other pros) in English. He recently subtitled a whole number of videos from various (ex-)pros about stuff that happened a good time ago, including things like match-fixing, what it felt like to play against players like Flash, what it was like in the smaller teams, etc.

Definitely worth a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjiBqhcAc9s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

What a one sided massacre.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Loiku posted:

I really wish they would pad the end of the video with some b-roll so it's a fixed length like 3 or 4 hours so you couldn't tell who was going to win after the first few games, especially in these games that are longer than a best of 3. I feel like they (or someone) use to do that years ago.
The Youtube algorithm really, really, really hates that kind of thing.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Estraysian posted:

Artosis is doing a bad map FFA with Korean pros right now.
Game 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL4h3EfCEY8
What a great game! 40 minute FFA, not decided until the last minute. Protoss mind controlling an overlord in order to transport the trapped army off of the middle island was amazing. And then the game was finally decided when that overlord was killed, trapping the army again!

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Yeah, I just saw that game and came here to post it. DEFINITELY worth a watch.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Not just scouts, but game-winning scouts!

Rush never really figured out how to beat those carriers. He won one game against them when they came out very late, but once a couple were out there, he had nothing to stop them with.

Definitely a very good series.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Loiku posted:

Nah, my timeline might be wrong. I just looked at the top result on Google the first time which was an article from 2019. Looking further it looks like he might have went last year?
Yes, he went to the military in May last year.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Yes, they are continuing the ASL English casts.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

The whole series was amazing, with the last game being a nail biter to the end.

Really fun to watch.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Aces High posted:

his current youtube casts are funny because there's a good portion of the comments saying "Arty, my dude, just give us a nice thumbnail, none of this meme poo poo, you look like a tool" and I can't help but agree. I think there's some algorithm BS to it, where the dipshits that have MILLIONS of views and subscribers do these pondering or otherwise chintzy faces for their video thumbnails, but maybe it works? I'm the wrong person to ask because the only accounts I subscribe to that are "big" are ones like Tod's Workshop and LGR, everything else is just small potato 10k followers and lower
Sometimes it's the weirdest stuff that generates clicks. For example, Lowko noticed that videos that had arrows in their thumbnails generated significantly more clicks than the exact same thumbnail without arrows.

Also, if adding weird meme face stuff makes people comment that they don't need that, then that is also good for the video because it has more "engagement".

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 9, 2023

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Wow, that final match.

I think that Mini still almost had that game. Losing the fourth in the top right despite having the DT there sealed the deal.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r9k0fnE3Hs
Sn0w absolutely dominating. How he slowly strangled JD in their game was amazing.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3_i8XtflQ
I‘ve only seen game 1 so far, and it is a nailbiter.

So much more back and forth in comparison to a ZvZ.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Just finished watching that series and the last game is just as much of a nailbiter as the first.

Definitely a series worth watching!

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Heavy_D posted:

Tastosis ASL has arrived
All games in group B are shorter than the shortest game in group A :D

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Group C was a lot more fun and interesting to watch than group B.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Drop what you are doing and watch Group D

whaaaaaat!?!?!?!
Wow. Just amazing games.

And let me just say: Artosis' knowledge of all the various matchups is just crazy good.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Elyv posted:

E: Too bad the series was so one-sided and that game 3 sucked though

And the devourers still lost to mutas + scourge. Kind of shows how bad the devourer is.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Khorne posted:

scourge appeared to hard counter them in that game, how universally applicable that is I don't know
I do wonder if Action would have won game 1 in that first (?) devourer engagement, where he got up to 4 spores on Effort’s mutas. That is 12 extra damage per attack (so basically double damage) plus also slowing down Effort’smuta‘s attacks by a good amount. I feel like that would have more than compensated for the lower amounts of mutas Action had.

comedyblissoption posted:

https://youtu.be/H9lQy3VwlYk
To be fair, devourers are a support unit. Sprinkle in a couple of mutas with the devourers into that fight, and it would be a massacre of the pure muta stack.

DTurtle fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Sep 29, 2023

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am not even sure what Devourers are suppose to do? What is their role?
Devourers are a force multiplier. Every stack of spores adds 1 damage to every attack dealt to that unit. In addition, for every stack of spores up to 7 the attack is reduced by 1/8th additive, so at 7 or more stacks, the attack speed is only 1/8th of the normal attack speed.

Devourer acid spores stack up to 9.

At 4 stacks, a muta’s attack does 13 + 7 + 5 = 25 damage instead of the normal 9 + 3 + 1 = 13. So a doubling of damage dealt to the mutas affected by the spores.

At 4 stacks, the enemy muta‘s attack speed is reduced by half, attacking only half as often as is normal. So halving the damage dealt by the mutas affected.

So basically at 4 spores the player with devourers needs 1/4th of the mutas of the enemy in order to be on an equal footing.

Effort really played Action there with the fake queen‘s nest. But I think that Action still would have won if he had stayed and fought with his largest wave of devourers.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=608lhcWH52I

The first two games are out of this world.

The rest...not so much.

I don't usually listen to the interviews but I had to this time and the interviewer's first question to Mini had the vibes of "Mr. Burns your campaign seems to have the momentum of a run away freight train. Why are you so popular?" except completely justified, maybe understating how good Mini was.

After coming from the high from the first Round of 4 match, this one was somewhat disappointing. Feels like Effort had a really bad day or bad prep or something.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

so who does this leave as the best player to have not won an asl? rush? soma? i'd have said snow a few seasons ago but snow has fallen off real hard, real fast

anyway great finals, especially game 2 and the final game

Yeah, there were some good games in there. Quite interesting to see the absurd macro at play in the various games. It really was the deciding factor.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

They cut the 3rd place match last season.

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Game 1 as well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTurtle
Apr 10, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

I am trying so hard but Z vs Z just is such a slog.
Even Tastosis were really struggling.

But the Mini video is hilarious.