Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
3D BW was their starting point with SC2 and they had to make changes for various reasons (balance shifts from better pathfinding, MBS, what the hell is a Dragoon supposed to look like, etc.). There's very little reason they'd be walking back to repeat all that at this point so I'm leaning towards the high res facelift as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
They don't have vision to know how far back the tank line extends. Terran has Vessels out by that stage of the game so Observers aren't going to last very long, and if you try diving in with your Arbiter it's going to get hit by EMP.

isndl
May 2, 2012
Queens always felt underused to me but they're micro intensive in an already micro heavy game so I'm not terribly surprised.

isndl
May 2, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

yeah there'd been a bug with valkyries' missiles all these years and they fixed it. weird they let it stand for so long.

Well it's not like they had the source code to work with until some random dude found it in their attic. :v:

isndl
May 2, 2012
If AlphaStar played Brood War, would it understand scarabs? :v:

isndl
May 2, 2012

Keegers posted:

As someone who doesn't play scr, I noticed during Flash vs Rush they all have different sized view boxes on the minimap. Both flash and rush have a smaller window available where as the observer is biggest. I know in sc2 observer can zoom out farther so i assume the same is true in sc1. But what I don't get is why flash would play on a more zoomed in screen. Wouldn't he want the most vision possible? Does a lower resolution help with micro?

Flash isn't zoomed in, he's playing with a different aspect ratio (not widescreen). If I had to guess he prefers having the important UI elements like the minimap and resource counters closer to the center of the screen. Decades of muscle memory for snapping the mouse cursor around also probably plays a role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
At the pro level, if they're not microing the army it's because they're busy elsewhere, whether it's macroing at home, rallying reinforcements, setting up to defend against a counter attack, or scouting for expansions. Attention is a resource and they can get more value spending it elsewhere, you can always check at the minimap to see where their camera is looking.