Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Antares posted:

Yeah I've had to go to the actual Afreeca website for a couple VODs because they got themselves deleted from YouTube. Good news is the Afreeca website works in Chrome now, and without logging in!!

Group D where FlaSh picked JD will be awesome but unfortunately it's like two weeks away on account of Korean holidays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ptBSOabIN8 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

its depressing how much my enjoyment of this game is tied up in tastetosis

Growing up watching baseball, they know how to fill the boring downtime of the game and then let you know when real action is going on unlike other casters.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Heavy_D posted:

Another fun Artosis cast to highlight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0mU13_FrKY

One of the players makes a very cheeky move late in the game, and the rest of the action hinges on whether they get away with it. Can you spot it happening before Artosis?

Artosis is a great caster but when I watch him stream I am 50 percent laughing at his angriness and 50 percent worried he might do something stupid.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Elyv posted:

I started watching the Artosis casts on his caster channel yesterday and they're really good! I was afraid it devolve into the salt and sarcasm he's sometimes known for but no, even when protoss does the PvT builds he hates he treats it neutrally and is super good at covering the entire game despite doing it solo. He's casting one game(not series) per day and I think watching those might become a daily activity for me for at least the next little bit.

Caster Tosis is great, streamer Tosis is...uncomfortable sometimes?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Loiku posted:

I really wish they would pad the end of the video with some b-roll so it's a fixed length like 3 or 4 hours so you couldn't tell who was going to win after the first few games, especially in these games that are longer than a best of 3. I feel like they (or someone) use to do that years ago.

Doesn't help that Z v. Z is just the worst mirror matchup.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I think ASLs are actually getting better over the last year or two

I know its because they would get stomped but let some NA and European players in!

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Khorne posted:

Tastosis are successful because they're charismatic, albeit in a non-traditional way, and tasteless especially has/had a voice for casting.

Some of the amateur casts and alternative casts aren't nearly as good even if they have players who are more knowledgeable. I'd love to see a trio cast or if they start covering team/other events having an artosis+x or tasteless+y cast sometime.

As someone who watched a lot of baseball and football growing up, Tastosis no one when to fill the air with inane banter and know when to call the match and make things exciting and tell you what's going on in depth. Their energy is phenomenal, they are very similar to an American broadcast team and when I hear others do it, its just so dry and lifeless.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Khorne posted:

Had no idea this was happening despite following everyone involved so didn't catch it live, but Tasteless & artosis & friends had some Starcraft lan party and it opens with light vs barracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWWNftQ0RWk

Day2: vod here

This was great.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Jesus gently caress, having two terran players cast a game in which a terran is one of the players. Why are Terran players the most whiny?

I should have waited for Tastosis. At least that is just 50% whine.

I think being native English speakers help the cast and years of working with each other elevate the Tastosis casts. Again, as an American Sports Ball Watcher, having broadcasters who have rapport and know each other's style and knowledge of when to be quiet helps so much.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
neo arachnoid should not be in the map pool.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
How come pro players never seem to focus fire on buildings once they are inside a base?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
All fair points, I just usually see in games after the workers have been killed the army is just hanging out.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Watching Artosis I do get the feeling sometimes he is right about the balance in this 20 year old game but also, dude...like maybe take advantage of the openings your given.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol that artosis' stream personality is way more profitable than being at the top of the caster foodchain

didn't his financials get leaked during the Twitch thing and he makes something like $300,000/year alone?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Elyv posted:

I don't like Artosis' streaming personality so I don't watch his stream

His donos are the worst people on the planet.

Also, i assumed Artosis plays it up on stream.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

JollyBoyJohn posted:

The mario erotica on Artosis stream is really odd and out of place

He really should get rid of text to talk, his donors are kinda the worst people.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Elyv posted:

The view counts just don't make it monetarily worth it.

Their casts were so dry and clunky. Like having Scan with Tastosis might make sense, cause he is the guy who actually made it to the top(ish) level to help fill in any gaps left by Artosis and Tasteless.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Do you ever watch Artosis and these replays and think he might have a point about Brood War balance?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Elephunk posted:

If you watch enough ASL and watch Art play you can actually see him making his common mistakes and assumptions over and over again. It's just hard to get to that point where you begin to see his mistakes. There's a reason he's best friends with Scan and doesn't scrimmage him on stream, the ladder is more entertaining and actually feasible for him to play on

I am not expert obviously. I do notice he wastes a lot of time with building placement though.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Haven't watched it yet but Group C round of 16 is up and it's 4 hours long, so you know it's gonna be good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXw0_XHs_xg

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

You mean tech to mutas/muta scourge play all the time isn't interesting to you?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Elyv posted:

My hot take is that ZvZ is only my second least favorite matchup and that PvP is worse

TvT was hot garbage for a long time up until very recently where the meta opened up a bit. PvP also has some variety.

It's too bad that 2v2 never became a thing.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

DTurtle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz3_i8XtflQ
I‘ve only seen game 1 so far, and it is a nailbiter.

So much more back and forth in comparison to a ZvZ.

This is amazing series and game 5 showing the power of the Wraith and it just devolves into a slugfest.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Great series though I am disappointed the finals will be another TvT.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Group D felt like a bunch of boxers just saying, gently caress it all haymakers.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I am not even sure what Devourers are suppose to do? What is their role?

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Woohoo, ASL is back

Wildcard Round here.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I enjoy Tastotsis but they need to not make wild claims after one bad thing happens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I am trying so hard but Z vs Z just is such a slog.