Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Calling that BM almost doesn't do it justice, hooooly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Legend should have just smacked him in the head with a rolled up newspaper a bunch or sprayed him with a water bottle repeatedly

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
korea has no legal gambling and all illegal gambling is mob run. Besides, people into gambling gamble on anything and esports being a lot closer in status to actual sports in korea, it's only natural that people are gambling on e sports.

The crazy thing is that the players fixing matches in the past were making huge amounts of money.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Fanatic posted:

Lol that the best casting partner to Rapid that Afreeca could find was a guy who obviously never watched ASL and whose only experience of Brood War was playing money maps as a kid. :stare:

Also Rapid calling Mind "Flash" in the ZvT half the time was so bad.

I'm happy to see that afreeca has noregret on their list of backups because he and artosis were a really interesting casting duo when he subbed in for tasteless and it was great hearing someone who was familiar with the timings to the second. God drat was he out of his depth casting BW though.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Holy poo poo larva v jaedong was A+++

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
loving rapid annoys me every time I see his face.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Third world has led to some really cool games, gently caress sparkle though. Sparkle has been garbage since the first week or two.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
zvz isn't even a knife fight it's some dude getting shanked in the shower

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
can't believe I'm saying this about Rapid, but he was almost developing some casting synergy with noregret last time they casted together.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Shuttle did a bunch of really cool mind-gamey stuff in that series

flash gonna flash though, I feel like he at least had to show exactly why he is the best

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I actually hate that Rapid has gotten a lot better at casting BW. I liked hating on him for a long time but he's starting to grow on me, especially when paired with noregret

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Aces High posted:

this year it feels like his partners have way more knowledge on BW strats but he still seems to dominate the commentary, which is a huge detriment for the watchers because he gets a lot of calls wrong. He could certainly do well to not do that and instead let his partners do some more talking to explain strategies and such

I suspect that as he was getting put with people with literally zero casting experience he was feeling pressure to kinda carry the cast and fill air time. Once he and noregret got some barebones synergy it became like 50x more listenable. Also if noregret keeps up with casting he has a lot of potential as his level of insight into SC2 meta is always super on point

Fanatic posted:

I didn't know he had an account on here.

I just watch enough broodwar that he's hard to miss as he's been around the BW scene for absolutely fuckin ever and imo he's a pretty solid second tier caster. I've also made fun of him directly before and he just was chill and rolled with it so idk, I've got no animosity to the guy for not being literally tastosis. Oh yeah, and he did a good enough job with the hype AF recent ASL finals that I'm unusually inclined to not poo poo on him

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Mind and Sharp was a really loving cool series and just oh my god the micro in so much of that series was insane

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Larva has always been total dogshit in offline events, though lately he seems to be improving. A lot of it seems to just be managing the stress of being on stage playing for high stakes vs. at home memeing on a stream.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
3rd match of Last vs Rain was so so good

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
p sure he held in game 1 because he plagued like the entire attacking army but yeah i agree he didn't prioritize it until he had like 70 supply of hydras

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
lol his units were just red and I had it in a small window while I was watching

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
wrong thread

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 17, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
i hope they get mysteriously huge and wrinkly shirts for tastosis again for this ksl

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
She's super new to casting, rapid has been around forever and even Noregret is starting to get some decent on-camera presence. She's probably got another year of being the backup to the backup

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
P sure noregret is actually higher mmr in BW than artosis

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Elyv posted:

Really? It feels like half the things noregret say are explicitly based off of his experience in SC2.

Most sc2 pros these days are playing some BW too and anyone with gsl level mechanics is going to be a lot closer to pro-level in scbw once they learn the micro tricks than artosis is at whatever high-mid mmr he is sitting at these days. At the end of the day dude has like 3 or 4 kids and only an hour or two to practice a day and he's impressively good for that limitation, but it's keeping his ability strictly limited.

E: tbf to artosis, dude does have incredibly extensive knowledge of the history of the BW meta and of the BW proscene in general. Rapid somehow knows a fuckton about the bw scene yet surprisingly little about the game relative to everyone else casting BW.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 30, 2019

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Yeah that was just completely savage

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
She's alright for the BW stuff given how little experience she has casting. Her game knowledge is really good and she's like several hundred mmr higher than artosis lol

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Using half of them successfully against tanks is a 150% efficient trade

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I've kind of stockholm syndromed myself into liking rapid, or at least not really minding him. He def has the history of being around the korean BW scene basically forever which is indeed interesting to hear about, though his casting style is definitely intended to be more korean starcraft casting than 'missing half of tastosis'

Creighton did well with Cadenzie. She's got a lot of potential as a caster once she gets more experience as she's legit really knowledgeable and is actually good at BW

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
econ damage, money put into spores, larva and money spent rebuilding overlords, etc. iirc

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
I wouldn't be surprised if the queen stuff destroys on ladder with like an 85% winrate but just sucks against absolute top tier players who just sniff it out too effectively.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
flash imba

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
rapid and noregret even have occasional moments of chemistry

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Yeah this is the best bw finals in a long time

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

JollyPubJerk posted:

whens the next Tastosis casted series of video games?

yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3kkZGetC1A

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
it was pretty drat funny when they brought up firebathero's wife being a huge bisu fan

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
go home asl, you're drunk

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
No, asl is going to continue because it only takes a few people to put on and the overall trend of covid rn in korea is that it's being well managed and isn't growing exponentially (or quadratically, more precisely)

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Yeah this ASL has been crazy good. Between this and the super tournament finals there's been a lot of amazing starcraft recently.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Flash's protoss is quite literally one of the best in the world. Like top 3-5 protoss

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
After all the insanely good games we've had recently between SC2 and BW, I'm not even disappointed to see a final that is just one person plain outplaying another. some 7 game barn burner would've been cool, but idk I'm not disappointed. This season of ASL totally delivered.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Yeah that was one of the best broodwar games i've seen in ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
awesome ty!