Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Blizzard always thinks poo poo like that will help rather than hurt

They don't understand anything about why their games are successful esports

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mini's group was funny. ggaemo made stork look really bad in the games he won, then mini won twice in a row by just sending one zealot at a time behind ggaemo's pushes to harass his drones

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

animatorZed posted:

Anything post the SCR release event that's been english casted?

I was sort of interested in watching more SC with the ASL tournaments, then wondered why there wasn't anything for a while. Hearing that its due to blizzard putting a freeze on things is just so incredibly dumb.
Well, not like I play anything other than rocket league these days anyways.

Yes, asl4 qualifiers. Esportsjohn channel on twitch has some English commentary. Idk how good it is really. I'm so used to watching bw with Korean or no sound from years ago so I haven't actually turned his voice on much

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Loiku posted:

Looks like day 4 is up on youtube finally:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0VVj1BMu8

timestamp for the corsair PvT game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0VVj1BMu8&t=6224s

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

dogmother1776 posted:

Dweb costs like 125 energy if you have a fleet beacon there's no reason not to just build carriers. Unless you're making a statement against the guy that tried to build ghosts!

wait did the terran go ghosts first? i wasn't watching closely enough to tell, i thought he went ghosts because dude was going mass corsair

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Elephunk posted:

I seriously can't read The Other StarCraft Thread anymore. I would love to watch a first person video of the goon who can't use dragoons in the single player campaign because "the pathing AI is awful".
yeah it's really bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Sub Harrison posted:

Just started playing. I'm pretty awful but the computer players aren't a challenge at all. Should I just jump into 1v1 ranked and start getting my rear end kicked?

Hell yeah dude

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
think he probably has a lot of the same problems as jaedong--horrible rsi/tendonitis/CTS, plus i think he had a LASIK round that he's probably already going to have to get re-done

but yeah it's crazy impressive, no idea how he keeps it up. Maybe using that ruler to set up his desk was the magic touch

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
lol i skipped to the exact point where flash just game-senses the hold position lurkers :swoon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

redneck nazgul posted:

Has anyone in the BW scene ever done well playing as Random?

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Testie
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft/Category:Random_Players

(the answer is no, not really)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Mike N Eich posted:

There's probably no way someone can be that good at all 3 races to be among the best of the best. I do wonder if its possible for someone to be a good 'switch hitter' who maybe is just really really good at one match up as an off-race and does that.

There have been mirror dodgers but none were successful in Korea during the golden age, probably the only metric anyone really cares about. (I'd say that golden age was maybe 2004/2005 until SC2 release or a little after, so late 2012. The last OSL really). Maybe the most successful player I'm aware of was Morrow doing it in the Teamliquid Starleagues, playing TvP TvZ ZvT. He did well but never won, and was widely viewed as using cheesy all-ins for a while.

emdash fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Nov 13, 2017