Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome
Upcoming poo poo

Check http://www.teamliquid.net/ for specific dates, times, and stream links (my dates are for Korea), but as a quick thumbnail:

September 10- ??: Afreeca Starleague 4- After Blizzard delayed poo poo for dumb reasons, the main league is finally back! And probably it will all be in HD! But it won't be on twitch!

Where we are and how we got here

So Star Craft Brood War, arguably the first major E-sport, is kinda back in Korea. With the collapse of the Korean SC2 professional apparatus, many of the former progamers have been returning to Brood War. The Afreeca Starleague in June 2016 proved to be an unexpected hit. Things really blew up when the four top players of all time, Stork, Flash, Bisu, and Jaedong, commonly known collectively as TBLS, came back and generated massive interest. The most recent starleague, the ASL2, saw a lot of really great games, and its semi-finals match between Flash and Jaedong apparently got 500,000 viewers. 2017 promises to have even more content.

What's going to be interesting is seeing if/how the scene continues to develop. Currently all players are officially "amateurs" who make their living by streaming. TBLS and a select few others are pulling in the big bucks, but less famous players are struggling for views. There isn't a lot of new blood coming into the scene, and what is coming doesn't have the benefit of a development system. And TBLS have yet to do their mandatory military service, and some wonder how things will fair without them. But things aren't all doom and gloom. The idea of there being a broadcasted "team league" would have been outrageous 8 months ago. KT Telecom, one of the biggest E-sports sponsors in Korea, has been putting in some decent dough into BW, and there's always a chance that their eternal rival SKT will want a slice of the action. The original Brood War scene started and grew fairly organically because people were interested in the game; many wonder if it could happen again. And there have been rumors of a HD remaster...

Remastered is real!
It's hard to say how the new remaster will affect things, but so far the folks at Blizzard seem to be making the effort to ensure that things are changed too drastically. Still, since the happy accident that is BW's current state is balanced on a razor's edge, even little things like customization hotkeys could make a huge difference. EDIT: It's out! It seems pretty good, but only time will tell! I've heard a few rumblings that there are some glitches (Stork claimed that his shuttle glitched out and he had to click on each unit's wireframe to unload them), but for the time being Remastered will be the tourney standard

It seems the all of the previous ALS can be found here, cast by Tasteless and Artosis. If you aren't familiar with Brood War, they keep stuff pretty basic.

I wanna play!
Now with Remastered out you too can join the Fish server and get clowned on by NEET Koreans. Or you can be a real champion and play UMS. But I wicked suck at playing so I ain't gonna give you any tips.

So yeah, this is a Brood War thread in 2017th Year of Our Lord and Savior Flash

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Sep 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Clan match has started at http://play.afreecatv.com/afstar1

Sorry, no English stream I guess

E: VOD Here Maybe not peak level games but a fun, silly set that saw almost every race matchup. Surprised that NeOx lost because they have way more player talent, but moo had been preparing really hard and its members need the money more, so I'm glad it turned out the way it did

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Feb 14, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
ASL Team league has started! You can watch on https://www.twitch.tv/gsl for the usual GSL crew or on http://afreeca.tv/ASL2ENG2 for BisuDagger and FlashFTW who are little more up on current BW meta and are slightly (although not as much as TL says) more accurate in knowing whats going on and you don't have to deal with Rapid, who I think of as Reddit given flesh

Game Three of this serious they do a 2v2, which had just died when I started watching back in the day

E: Verdict of 2vs2, silly and hilarious

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Feb 18, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
The craziest thing about tonight, outside of seeing a 2v2 or SkyZerg v Valks, is seeing Effort smile

Back in the day he was like Jaedong is looking like he wanted to kill and eat his opponent 24/7

Some people on TL are bitching that the games haven't been tip-top level, but BisuDagger said something I really agree with: After watching years of the super high pressure pro scene, it's really cool to watch these players obviously having fun

E: Jesus Christ loving Flash so drat broken

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Feb 18, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Light playing the hot new UMS map, "sunken defense and observer genocide"

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
SpoTV announced that they'll be doing a tourney featuring both BW and SC2

The BW portion is smaller it seems ,but if nothing else, I think it's a good thing that BW won't be totally centered around Afreeca (although they are still in the drivers seat).

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
"Bug Fixes" makes me worry just a touch, because all the little bugs helped created the happy accident that was BW balance

Merging with Fish is pretty unexpected

Looks like remastered is mainly a cosmetic facelift, which is absolutely all it needs to be

Mixed feelings about observer mode, I personally feel that tabs took a lot of fun out of SC2 but I understand that you can't go without in 2017

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 26, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I remember describing the Stork V JD set in the ASL as "watching a man die"

Good to see Stork come back to life and get his revenge

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
:siren: :siren: HOLY gently caress A SCOUT:siren: :siren:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Update the OP, including a gif of one of the greatest moments in BW history (sorry the gif is kinda large)

ASL 3 starts in just a couple of days

As the resident Brood War grognard, I really don't think that BWHD is going to send BW back to what it was, or even close to the big esports in Korea. But I think BWHD's greatest potential is that it gets more people playing the PC Cafes, which is where new talent is formed. The greatest threat to BW is the lack of new blood; TBLS is dominating, but they all have to go into the military fairly soon. If BWHD can help churn out some hot new stars, it would go a long way.

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
VODs for ASL season 3, I recommend the final game of Day 2 for a crazy and an usual PvZ, although Tasteless and Artosis were painfully wrong about most of the game until the end *Snow sacrifices most of his army to kill some, but not all, sunken colonies of little consequence* OH MAN I THINK SNOW IS ABOUT TO WIN THIS

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 14, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Tonight's ASL (Day 5)

ggaemo, the gasp zerg, gets out in first place.

Stork gets sent out in last place, getting Capital "R" Rekt in his first game

Old man Pusan looks for better than anyone expected, makes it the final game

On a serious note, Stork has looked not good and defeated for awhile now, as much as it pains me to say it I wonder if we're going to lose him to the military soon

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
WATCH THE FINAL GAME OF Ro16 GROUP D

He ended up losing but JDs midgame zerg-Ultra swarm was almost the platonic ideal of the Zerg Swarm
But Last just expanded too big too quickly while JD didn't, and Last eventually starting fighting really efficiently with vultures while JD took some sloppy trades

Still, almost nonstop action

EDIT: Kinda wonky Ro8 bracket but it should be interesting with some good storylines: Mong V Shine for battle of the underdogs, Last v Flash for battle of the best modern Terran

Also Bisu v Flash Finals would be crazy

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:28 on May 9, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Elyv posted:

It's funny because my reaction to this game - hell, this group - is a bit different from yours, and has kind of crystalized some thoughts that have been percolating in my head for a while. Warning: some rambling and whining ahead.
I started following professional BW in early 2008. At the time, zerg had 2 timings where they were stronger than T; between the time Lair tech comes out and the time Irradiate comes out, and in the late game when they were on 4 gas defiler ultraling. It was a Terran favored mu, but zerg could fight. I watch the games in this group - and hell, even games back in 2010 or 2011 - and I don't understand how zerg is supposed to beat a top Terran anymore. Zerg's always been disadvantaged in the matchup, but I feel like the advantages they've had in the past have basically been negated by Terran advances. Their midgame defense and control is so good that they're able to move out on the map even while the mutas are out and vessels aren't yet to stop zerg's third, and the late game mech transition lets Terran expand greedily and then choke the zerg to death. When is Zerg supposed to gain an advantage? Like, in Last vs Jaedong, I don't think Jaedong was ever ahead. He was attacking a 5 or 6 base Terran with 4 base zerg! Unless he killed 2 or 3 bases it was eventually not going to work, even though he was killing a lot of tanks and forced some bases to lift. It's incredibly frustrating to watch an incredibly played game like that from two of the top 10 players in the world and feel the entire time like I know exactly what's going to happen. I actually play Terran and I'm loving awful, I'm like 2-20 in 1.18, so this isn't about my personal experience.

For the record, my favorite game of the group was losers. JD won with 9pool speed vs 12pool 12gas which is just amazing because that's a super hard counter and hero didn't even play badly. I'm pretty excited for Flash vs Last in Ro8 because TvT is my favorite mu to spectate.

We started watching at about the same time, and my feelings actually aren't that different
When I sad that Jaedong, was looking like the ideal Zerg, I meant more in terms of design perspective: Terran was just happily chugging along and suddenly there are small bugs and big bugs and flying bugs dropping other bugs and bugs spurting out concentrated virus and they are EVERYWHERE gently caress

I do definitely agree that Zerg, at least at the high level, is in a rough place right now. Top-level Terrans are too good to get muta harassed to death like JulyZerg used to do to them, and the fact that Terran finally figured out how to mech switch means that lurkers have far less utility than they used to (RIP Cholera Build). Flash's 5 Rax build is just absurdly good, and Zerg's main response is to rush Hive and pry they make it long enough to hit during the mech switch itself. Last faked 5 Rax and went a 3 Rax Tech/Expand build and he STILL managed to get a Bio push that almost won the game.

There were points where I think JD made some choices that cost him the game: His muta switch was perfectly timed, but then he pretty much needlessly sac'd them. His aggression was decent, but he didn't conclusively kill a base or cut of the right and left bases. His Ling-Ultra control was good for a while, but then he started A moving them base to base in single file, letting a ton of them die to mines. But I really can't fault JD for that, because he would have had to play perfectly on multiple fronts at the same time to pull it off.

In old days, players would have been able to go into the lab as a team and try and hash something out. But with the current streaming environment, I worry that things may stagnate, especially for old guard Zergs like Jaedong...

Hopefully in the next ASL can adjust things with maps. I was excited for Camelot because it's new, but it's def T favored

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
If you are awake you need to turn on Shine-Mong, Game 1 is on right now and it is already crazy cool

G1: Mong is certainly no Flash or Last but it was great watching Shine play Terran like a fiddle. Completely out-thought and outplayed

G2: Mong managed to pull off a crazy good drop and Shine still managed to gut out a win with Guardians-Hydras-Lurkers with some great micro, so exciting

This already may be one of my favorite sets out of all the ASLs

G3: I feel like that was a really neat build that Shine was going for that Mong managed to derail by going with a non-meta timing.

G4: Hatch into Mong's base to allow a nydus to ferry in Luker-ling into GG, holy gently caress!!!

G5: There is no Game 5! But man, Shine is the hero we need! Certainly not the most competitive series and Mong really didn't play too good, but if you're familiar with BW strategy it was a real treat

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:40 on May 16, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
There's also the "AfreecaTV Clan League," which is a clan tournament betweent NeOX, Moo, and wGM. It's not in English so that may be a deal breaker for you, and I've been crazy busy so I haven't really kept up, but from what I've seen it's been pretty good.

The VODs are a bit of a mess, but here's a Youtube that seems to be re-uploading, check out things that have "ACL"

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Due to emergency sirens going off I wasn't able to watch too closely but jesus christ There a reason "Spoiler: Flash Wins" was a meme back in the SA BW thread back in the day

But a Bo5 TvT being done in under 30 mins game time is cccrrraaazzzzyyyyyy

Both Round of 4 matches should be good... but I'm not happy that we'll have to suffer Rapid, SA's impression of Reddit given flesh

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 12:13 on May 23, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
PROGRAMMING NOTE: This week the games are on Sat and Sunday, so Shine-Bisu starts at 7 Korean time on Saturday (4 hours from now)

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Shine's music choice is Linkin Park

Disliked and unsubscribed

Go Bisu, crush the infidel

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
btw yall, there are no Protoss temples on Outsider

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
That was great, this is great

I'm a little surprised by Bisu, it seems to me that he was expecting more "standard" rush/cheese builds; even though he won game 1 he seemed to be on tilt ever since the drops came out. His micros just felt off

If Soulkey wins, Shine has a very good chance of winning. Tastosis can wax poetic all they want, Z-Z is just a clusterfuck

If Flash wins, I have a hard time seeing Shine winning. Flash has crazy good game sense. And Flash practices a lot with Larva, who despite being kinda bad on stage, is a neat and creative Zerg on stream. So I think it's going to be a lot harder for him to get caught off guard

GIMMIE GIMMIE GIMMIE HOS

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:00 on May 27, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Elyv posted:

I think Rapid was thinking about Medusa

Yeah thats what immediately sprung to mind, I was surprised when I heard him talking about it because Medusa and Outsider were roughly contemporaneous, so I was impressed if Rapid was dipping back into 08-09 Proleague VODs to get ready

But I guess they use Medusa in SSL

Destination best map btw

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
DAT SCAN

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
it was in fact p. bad

Elephunk posted:

e: When's the finals???

Sunday at 6 Korean time, so early Sunday morning for the US

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
3-0 Flash, dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I dare say most Terrans get rekt by that

But Flash... that game sense can't be beat..

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
I lol'd a lot at the drone as an irradiate shield for the lurkers

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jun 4, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
The unfortunate part is that apparently during this tourney Shine's wife left him and took the kids :smith:

That's why the whole bit with his son was kinda odd :smith: :smith:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

Seriously? That's awful :stonk:

Well I was maybe slightly off with the kids but
http://www.espn.com/esports/story/_/id/19506686/flash-shine-set-clash-asl-season-3-finals

quote:

Shine, 25, is a father of two young boys. Yet to enter grade school, both were occasionally seen in the background of his streams. After he made it through to this season's round of 16, he promised on air that he would "be going home to the boys with hands full of chicken." Hearts melted around the nation. Fans affectionately called him the "Dad Zerg."

Less than two weeks later, he and his wife separated due to undisclosed personal reasons.

For a while, the children stayed with Shine. They waddled into the stream more often, as their mother could no longer keep them occupied elsewhere in the house. Sometimes they would yell out loud for their mother, asking her what she was doing, while Shine streamed.

As Shine advanced further in the tournament, he needed more and more time for practice. It was decided that the kids would need to stay with their mom for a while. Now his streams are silent save for his voice, some music and the sounds of the game.

"Both the hardest event of my life and the happiest event of my life occurred this season," Shine said, "so I really want to end it with a championship."

His voice was calm, stoic, but trembling.

"For me, StarCraft was my one beam of hope," he recalled. "The moments when I could simply focus on the game ... they brought me immeasurable joy during my toughest times."

The very night of his semifinals victory, he logged on for an outdoors stream to unwind and celebrate with his fans. An hour and half into the broadcast, a viewer mentioned his boys.

"I should bring Ju-wan and Ju-young to the finals. They should get to see me on stage."

Shine smiled with misty eyes.

"My Ju-wan and Ju-young," he repeated.

:smith:

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
They promised a new ASL Team League, I hope it starts up soon

I guess part of the drama with the SSL is that a lot of the bigger players didn't join because while they said they "didn't like the selection format," its likely that Afreeca pressured its big names not to join another company's venture. So at this point and time I'm not sure we're going to be able to have simultaneous big leagues :/

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Elephunk posted:

korean fashion in big-white-guy sizes lol

pretty good series, should free have really gg'ed so early in game 3? he looked on tilt

P. Good set

I would say it was pretty conclusively over: free had lost almost all of his army's complexity, and while Protoss can quickly remacro on Speedlots, those would have fared poorly against Efforts Mass Hydra/Lurker combo. Free was getting closed to mined out while Effort had total map control and was poised to go crazy on bases. Maybe he was thinking "this is just hosed and the whole game went wonky, time to cut my loses." But its still not a good sign to see that mindset of someone going out before the "closing engagement"

I def get the sense that Effort was playing with his food in the last game though

Minrad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTdGqzrv7wQ&t=210s

v nice

:roflolmao: when he collapses screaming into his pikachu doll while jaedong watches holy poo poo

Larva is the people's champ

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Jun 11, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Hey, so if you're wondering why there hasn't been anything major lately, it seems that Blizzard decided to forbid any offline tournaments until SC:R comes out

It's really dumb and lame and reminds me of the Blizzard/GOM v Kespa pissing match when SC2 came out (remember when the "super totally organic and not some sort of shill" line was that Kespa was literal child slavery that should be investigating by the UN, so buying/support SC2 was an action in support of Human Rights? How loving embarrassing that was)

Anyway, in place of ASL Team battle 2 the players got together and organized an online tournament, the TL thread is http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/bw-tournaments/524775-gtbsubstitute-for-atb-s2
No English commentary (and I don't really have time to follow atm) but it's cool that the players still want to keep things going

But there is some event of 7/30 or something, no solid details yet

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

Mymla posted:

lmao
Like, why?

Blizzard had effectively nothing to do with Pro BW until like the year before SC2 came out and they stepped in and told Kespa "Actually we are going to be running this scene now"

So my guess is they are getting front of it now so once Remastered drops no one gets uppity

Also have to wonder if they want to drop of profile of Vanilla to reduce the inevitable "actually, old thing was better than new thing" backlash

But at the end of the day, Activision works in teemrrible, mysterious ways

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Maelstrom->Storm

Theorycrafting made real

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

emdash posted:

Yes, asl4 qualifiers. Esportsjohn channel on twitch has some English commentary. Idk how good it is really. I'm so used to watching bw with Korean or no sound from years ago so I haven't actually turned his voice on much

I had it on while I was doing some other things, it was OK from what I heard. Esportsjohn seems to have some good game sense who only started casting recently. FlashFTW kinda gets on my nerves but there are far worst. The only thing that annoyed me is that they starting playing 2vs2s with randos during the break, sometimes missing the start of games. I think they're going to be the alternate stream for the whole ASL, so if Tastosis bothers you they are a decent duo I think.

As an aside, with HD out I hope that Tasteosis don't compare everything with SC2 as much, BW is back so we don't need to keep talking about dead bad game.

Aside from being light on Zergs that looks like some decent groups. Glad to see that firebathero makes it. Stork's getting blown out though

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
With Afreeca being a streaming service I suppose I can't fault them for not wanting to pay to put content on their competitor's service

Even as someone who lives in East Asia Afreeca's always been slow for me, but I guess one upside of Blizzard being controlling assholes with regard to SC:R is that they probably will make some noise of the English streams are unwatchable

Jowj posted:

Aaaaaah EsportsJOHN is casting? That's incredible. He does have (or used to have) good game sense but definitely is not a Mainly Caster person. He and Winks and me wrote and maintained some SC2 Zerg and Terran strat articles and then he moved to the Heroes of the Storm teamliquid writing team. I'm gonna check out his channel :3
I think what happened was that FlashFTW and BisuDagger where doing the official alternate stream, and then BisuDagger discovered that having a infant child didn't leave much time to be casting esports in the early morning (he actually seemed surprised by this) and had to drop out. So John was quickly brought in as someone who knew his stuff and was a bit of a none quantity (don't want some random dude of TL who doesn't know poo poo about the game or who will start casually dropping the n bomb)

WDIIA fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 8, 2017

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Group A wasn't that great but if you are like me and really missed BW then it was serviceable

Group B had some really odd stuff going on and I wasn't feeling that much but y'all do need to check the final game
I thought Stork was dead for real, if I go back over the VOD I'll probably catch exactly where it turned, but it was still crazy to me that he pulled that off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
Not in a penitentiary
Group C Final Game

That was pretty much the most TvT ever. As someone who likes TvT I relaly enjoyed it. Intense . I do think that Rush probably could have won it but like the castors said, it's REALLY hard to gauge how far ahead you are in TvT