Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

both frames are now both AMD and Intel, at the same time, yet neither. Quantum computing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

good on any page

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

ok now post the pagancow one with MORE FPS

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

OH NO NOT YOUR ANIMES

OH NO someone still living in standard brightness range.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

10-bit is the new standard becuase high dynamic range, and now host OSes are going to have to implement yet another ~_,DrIvEr MoDeL,_~ and get ready for nerds to get mad because upgrades

basically YOSPOS and why i returned

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

pagancow posted:

ok now post the pagancow one with MORE FPS

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
ironic to laugh at amd with a gif that looks like it's shown on a hosed up nvidia card :smug:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that board was my board i think and it owns, even when some caps wore out it was stable until i swapped new ones

yesss

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Endless Mike posted:

yeah it's because intel stopped making faster cpus after sandy bridge.

i guess i just don't do really CPU heavy stuff. like i guess my old C2D would have been seriously inadequate for DOOM, but it was still usually good enough for day-to-day poo poo.

i think i'm just overly cynical and assume that a lot of people who post about wanting better cpu speeds and more cores are just sad that they can't justify spending money on building new computers every year like they used to. maybe there really are a lot of people who need to encode HD video they shot that day while playing AAA games and watching 2160p video at the same time.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Agile Vector posted:

that board was my board i think and it owns, even when some caps wore out it was stable until i swapped new ones

the nf7-s was clearly superior to the a7n8x

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

i guess i just don't do really CPU heavy stuff. like i guess my old C2D would have been seriously inadequate for DOOM, but it was still usually good enough for day-to-day poo poo.

i think i'm just overly cynical and assume that a lot of people who post about wanting better cpu speeds and more cores are just sad that they can't justify spending money on building new computers every year like they used to. maybe there really are a lot of people who need to encode HD video they shot that day while playing AAA games and watching 2160p video at the same time.

there's not. like, honestly, for 99% (made up number) of computer users, any i3 from 2012 or so will more than suffice provided sufficient ram and such. for gamers, an i5 from the same time. for the pagancows, yeah, maybe you need to upgrade annually. intel has been focusing entirely on power savings, so laptops do actually see benefit from new processors, but not really so much that there's any need to upgrade unless you're really upset plugging in every four hours or whatever.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

The cost of spending 2K every year pays for itself with the amount of extra jobs you can do.

Except that CPU overclocked at 4.5ghz has been same speed as what they have been releasing today.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

I bought an i7 920 in late 2008, bumped it up slightly to 3.2 ghz, and rocked it in a gaming machine until like... late 2015. Even then I had to seriously consider whether a cpu upgrade was worthwhile. Justified it to my nerd brain by going for one of intel's 6-core offerings.

That 920 is now in my living room, hooked up to my tv and used to play fairly current games regularly. I don't think I've ever made a more worthwhile purchase in my life

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

james != serious rendering business

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i think you can do videos with gpus. thats what twitch streamers use

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hifi posted:

i think you can do videos with gpus. thats what twitch streamers use

my gpu is twitching iykwim

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Agile Vector posted:

my gpu is twitching iykwim

they make a cream for that now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A Pinball Wizard posted:

they make a cream for that now

Thermal Pasties

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I bought an i7 920 in late 2008, bumped it up slightly to 3.2 ghz, and rocked it in a gaming machine until like... late 2015. Even then I had to seriously consider whether a cpu upgrade was worthwhile. Justified it to my nerd brain by going for one of intel's 6-core offerings.

That 920 is now in my living room, hooked up to my tv and used to play fairly current games regularly. I don't think I've ever made a more worthwhile purchase in my life

:same:

the only reason i got more than one pc in the last 5 years is that i live in two places for about half the year and can't be bothered to ship a desktop pc around. both pcs will get a new gpu at some point down the line but unless something breaks there's no point upgrading the cpu, and if i really need to throw cpu power around i can just buy a bargain basement 2x8 core sandy bridge xeon workstation

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

glad the right guy won

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah the dead guy is safe from amd now.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

glad the right guy won

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Endless Mike posted:

glad the right guy won

lmao

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

glad the right guy won

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

but what about nvidia vs intel??? the intel hd graphics is a legitimate high performance* gpu

*yes totally

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Endless Mike posted:

glad the right guy won

fuckin l o l

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

hi i'm a pc

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

flakeloaf posted:

hi i'm a pc

youre bad

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

really though i think that is #fakenews since there's no such thing as amd fans unless they are talking about the literal fan on the graphics card, in which case it wasn't murder

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

imagine tying so much of your self to a brand

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Bloody posted:

#greenpos4lyfe

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i love enraging with brands

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Bloody posted:

Cold on a Cob posted:

#greenpos4lyfe

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Breakfast All Day posted:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Cold on a Cob posted:

#greenpos4lyfe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Intel HD graphics four thousand achieves surprisingly high opencl performance with beignet

• Locked thread