Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm in the middle of my first full week off from work in the past four years, and it's been loving awesome. I've gone to amazing restaurants that are really out of the way, I got a massage for the first time, I've had a couple of long phone calls with old college buddies whom I hadn't talked to in a while, and I bought a VR headset and have been trying that out. I've also gotten a ton of boring life stuff (filing taxes, fixing car, etc.) done that had been stressing me out.

I definitely want to take a similar-length vacation every once in a while going forward, and I was hoping I could get some ideas on what to do in future rounds. I'm not really looking for illegal poo poo and/or "do a fuckton of drugs" answers. That said, I'd like this thread to be useful for anybody with some spare time on his or her hands and a desire to be the most self-indulgent person on Earth, so feel free to give pretty out-there or specific answers, since maybe that'll strike a chord with someone.

Thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
A week at Richard Branson's island, Necker - http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/necker-island

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

jerk it til it falls off, OP

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

surf rock posted:

I definitely want to take a similar-length vacation every once in a while going forward, and I was hoping I could get some ideas on what to do in future rounds. I'm not really looking for illegal poo poo and/or "do a fuckton of drugs" answers. That said, I'd like this thread to be useful for anybody with some spare time on his or her hands and a desire to be the most self-indulgent person on Earth, so feel free to give pretty out-there or specific answers, since maybe that'll strike a chord with someone.

Thank you!

Do drugs. gently caress you OP.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

Im an expert on these matters. If you truly want the biggest rush of your life, you simply need to tell me the things that scare the gently caress out of you.

Women, wrath of the law, heights, etc etc.

What are you afraid of most OP? It's a difficult question because it's not something we tend to think about a lot. Ponder over it tonight and I'm sure we can show you how to have a good time!

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Chard posted:

jerk it til it falls off, OP

yeah, but don't use the internet, get actual paper magazines and dvds and poo poo like it's 1995 and you're a total degenerate going behind the beaded curtain at the video store

Healthy Nut Snack
Mar 23, 2016
Pampered by whores

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
gently caress a shark. Not like, a Wall Street stockbroker, an actual shark.

Just make sure you take it out to dinner and a movie first, they like that. Any of the Sharknado movies would work. Gets 'em in the mood

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Go to the south of France and do totally old-school hedonism. Check in at the best hotel, eat oysters with champagne for breakfast, best cheeses with best wine while sitting at the sea side. Ask the chef to grind a truffle into your borcht while you dine.

Night Pay
Nov 22, 2016

by Smythe
One word: Thailand. You're welcome

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Ohnonotme posted:

A week at Richard Branson's island, Necker - http://www.virginlimitededition.com/en/necker-island

Probably the closest you can get without going into illegal things.

There's a documentary on this resort somewhere and it is basically what you imagine a gently caress-off-rich people's resort to be like; the service staff is (white and) attractive and can be hosed at your overtures, any insane dietary request can be flown in at your whim etc. Definitely a recommendation to watch.

Honestly it sounds insanely boring.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
In hindsight, I don't think "hedonistic" was the right word to use here. Maybe decadent would have been better. The idea isn't that these are necessarily immoral things to do, just that they're over-the-top indulgent.

Sorry, I'm a bad OP.

dumb and kinda scared posted:

Go to the south of France and do totally old-school hedonism. Check in at the best hotel, eat oysters with champagne for breakfast, best cheeses with best wine while sitting at the sea side. Ask the chef to grind a truffle into your borcht while you dine.

Oh man, I like this one.

grack posted:

gently caress a shark. Not like, a Wall Street stockbroker, an actual shark.

Just make sure you take it out to dinner and a movie first, they like that. Any of the Sharknado movies would work. Gets 'em in the mood

I keep trying to write a response to this and I just start laughing, so gently caress it.

Mr Enderby
Mar 28, 2015

Buy some quality indoor clothes. I'm thinking silk dressing gowns, cotton pajamas, light cashmere sweaters, Moroccan slippers, perhaps a cravat. Think Noel Coward. Don't sleep in them, or put them on in the evening after work. This is the uniform you put on when you are about to spend a day doing nothing.

Disconnect from the internet. You can buy a dumb-phone, so that you can still invite people to your happening soirees, but despite what you think you can easily do a week without a smartphone or other internet-device. Stock up on books and films beforehand. Listen to a whole album. Read a newspaper start to finish. Sculpt clay. Take a shower with a person of your preferred gender. Maybe try taking a shower with a person of your non-preferred gender, just to check.

Take a drink for a walk. Make yourself a stiff drink, with ice and a slice. Go far a walk with your drink. Perhaps do some shopping. The world is your bar. You'd be amazed how much more relaxed the world feels when you're strolling through it like it's a cocktail party.

Take MDMA and go to a spa. Obviously steer clear of the sauna, but definitely get a massage.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

surf rock posted:

Oh man, I like this one.

If money's not a problem, consider a super-high-end restaurant. I went to Mugaritz and, by myself, with wine, the bill was pushing 400 euro, but it was like 24 courses of food and six excellent wine parings over three and a half hours with the best service ever and holy gently caress was it worth it. There, specifically, it seems especially decadent because you eat half the dishes with your hands, and you don't have to do a thing -- the staff brings whatever you need for the specific course you're on, and takes care of everything before you can even think to ask.

Mind you, that's still small potatoes compared to some places in the south of France. I recently looked up a hotel that my Dad was lucky enough to stay in when he was a teenager (just by sheer happenstance -- the hotel they'd arranged overbooked, and this was the only place in the city that had vacancy), and it's now 700 euro/night, and the breakfast alone costs 60 or 70 euro. I bet you could have champagne and oysters for breakfast though, if you wanted.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
Fall in love, OP.

Mr Enderby
Mar 28, 2015

Buy a whole Vacherin Mont d'Or. It's a soft cheese made every year when the cows come down off the mountains, so its only available over the winter months. Cut the rind off the top, then bake that motherfucker like a giant Camembert. Dip bread into the top, like its the most luxurious fondue imaginable.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Go to the Napa Valley and get a mud bath. It can smell a little sulfurous, but it is totally amazing. Think about a full body hug. Most packages come with a mineral bath follow-up, and they keep bringing you flavored waters. Schedule a massage for after, now that your muscles are primed for it.

For lunch, walk literally a block and there's tons of amazing restaurants with high quality ingredients. Wine tastings in the afternoon until about 6 or so.

For dinner there's still great restaurants, but you could also just chill at your residence with your new wine and a variety of local and imported cheeses. Also, chocolate goes well with red wine.

There are a few places that do mud baths, this one just has one of the nicer websites.

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 10, 2017

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
A boss at an old shop I worked for went to Vegas for his 30th birthday, hosed a bunch of prostitutes, got scabies, didn't get it treated and proceeded to give them to me and the rest of the staff. After everyone in the shop got it worked out he still hadn't treated himself and never acknowledged any of it had to do with him.

The dude also regularly replaced breakfast, lunch and dinner with hard liquor and dabs.

The dude always seemed really sure of himself.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
How does one catch scabies from one's boss?

Anyway OP, get a good showerhead, and while you're taking a really hot shower (this is key) drink a giant cup of cold water.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

dumb and kinda scared posted:

This, but France doesn't need to be your only destination. Iceland, or Australia, Thailand or Japan. Pick somewhere and go. Do a couple of the big touristy things, but don't crowd your schedule.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.

Anne Whateley posted:

How does one catch scabies from one's boss?

Anyway OP, get a good showerhead, and while you're taking a really hot shower (this is key) drink a giant cup of cold water.

You can get scabies from sitting in the wrong chair or shaking the wrong hand. It's scary. Fortunately it's not terrible to get rid of. Just super loving inconvenient.

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo
Do what many an Australian has done before and drink fourteen goon sacks over the space of a week.

Relatively dirt cheap, at ~$10 a sack.

Yeonik
Aug 23, 2010
Fly to Africa and shoot the biggest animal you can find.

Preferably a lion.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Cover yourself in gravy and run through a dog park.

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

surf rock posted:

In hindsight, I don't think "hedonistic" was the right word to use here. Maybe decadent would have been better. The idea isn't that these are necessarily immoral things to do, just that they're over-the-top indulgent.

Oh.

Rent a woman and drag her whiny hooker rear end up a mountain and proceed to gently caress her once you reach the peak. Probably bring coke for bonus points. Worth it for the story, man that'd be a good story.

Alternatively, you ever tried deep sea fishing? Nothing quite like feeling the power of a monster fish on the other side of the line. Feels less like fishing and more like a loving battle, it's badass.

Ever thought about going to southeast Asia? It is where a man can go go truly feel like a king, for pennies on the dollar. Do it.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Ever thought about going to southeast Asia? It is where a man can go go truly feel like a king, for pennies on the dollar. Do it.

Many a goon has fled into the welcoming arms of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Laos is pretty friendly too but you have to wake them up first.

$5 hour-long foot massages with a free beer do a person a lot of good. If you find the right guy, you can throw a grenade at some chickens, or fire a rocket at a cow. I stuck with the foot rubs.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Feb 12, 2017

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Mr Enderby posted:

Buy some quality indoor clothes. I'm thinking silk dressing gowns, cotton pajamas, light cashmere sweaters, Moroccan slippers, perhaps a cravat. Think Noel Coward. Don't sleep in them, or put them on in the evening after work. This is the uniform you put on when you are about to spend a day doing nothing.

Disconnect from the internet. You can buy a dumb-phone, so that you can still invite people to your happening soirees, but despite what you think you can easily do a week without a smartphone or other internet-device. Stock up on books and films beforehand. Listen to a whole album. Read a newspaper start to finish. Sculpt clay. Take a shower with a person of your preferred gender. Maybe try taking a shower with a person of your non-preferred gender, just to check.

Take a drink for a walk. Make yourself a stiff drink, with ice and a slice. Go far a walk with your drink. Perhaps do some shopping. The world is your bar. You'd be amazed how much more relaxed the world feels when you're strolling through it like it's a cocktail party.

Take MDMA and go to a spa. Obviously steer clear of the sauna, but definitely get a massage.

Hell yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Beachcomber posted:

Go to the Napa Valley and get a mud bath. It can smell a little sulfurous, but it is totally amazing. Think about a full body hug. Most packages come with a mineral bath follow-up, and they keep bringing you flavored waters. Schedule a massage for after, now that your muscles are primed for it.

For lunch, walk literally a block and there's tons of amazing restaurants with high quality ingredients. Wine tastings in the afternoon until about 6 or so.

For dinner there's still great restaurants, but you could also just chill at your residence with your new wine and a variety of local and imported cheeses. Also, chocolate goes well with red wine.

There are a few places that do mud baths, this one just has one of the nicer websites.

This sounds pretty awesome.

Mr Enderby posted:

Buy a whole Vacherin Mont d'Or. It's a soft cheese made every year when the cows come down off the mountains, so its only available over the winter months. Cut the rind off the top, then bake that motherfucker like a giant Camembert. Dip bread into the top, like its the most luxurious fondue imaginable.

I'm not a big cheese/fondue guy, but I like the mindset here.

I LIKE COOKIE posted:

Oh.

Rent a woman and drag her whiny hooker rear end up a mountain and proceed to gently caress her once you reach the peak. Probably bring coke for bonus points. Worth it for the story, man that'd be a good story.

Alternatively, you ever tried deep sea fishing? Nothing quite like feeling the power of a monster fish on the other side of the line. Feels less like fishing and more like a loving battle, it's badass.

Deep sea fishing sounds rad. I haven't gone fishing in nearly a decade, but I used to really like it.

Mountain hiking's too much work. I think I'd want to do some backpacking through a forest instead.

Pixelante posted:

$5 hour-long foot massages with a free beer do a person a lot of good. If you find the right guy, you can throw a grenade at some chickens, or fire a rocket at a cow. I stuck with the foot rubs.

Goddamn. :gonk:

...I'm not saying I'm not interested, but "fire a rocket at a cow" gave me the most amazing/hosed-up mental image.

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
In Cambodia you can do it from a helicopter, RPG - cow. I think it's about $150, a friend did it last year (maybe 2 years ago).
Make sure you bring champagne and caviar to toast the cow's death.
And don't be expecting to get any steaks from the cow afterwards, it'll be widely scattered ground beef!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Ohnonotme posted:

In Cambodia you can do it from a helicopter, RPG - cow. I think it's about $150, a friend did it last year (maybe 2 years ago).
Make sure you bring champagne and caviar to toast the cow's death.
And don't be expecting to get any steaks from the cow afterwards, it'll be widely scattered ground beef!

Except for the bits that landed in the trees.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Mr Enderby posted:

This might be the winner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
OP you should read yourself some Suetonius, motherfucker.

Hobologist
May 4, 2007

We'll have one entire section labelled "for degenerates"
Buy a used car, get some friends together, and pass out the sledgehammers. Make sure to wear safety goggles.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Eat an entire frozen key lime pie while watching cartoons and masturbating (not masturbating to the cartoons this is important)

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Eat this bird. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ortolan_bunting

zmcnulty
Jul 26, 2003

Do you carve the Star of David into it before or after the Armagnac?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Bisexual orgy in gravy.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
Go to Bangkok and get hosed in the rear end by a lady boy. When I was there I heard some dudes bragging about it and also about how they got awful tattoos.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
That's a lot of votes for SE Asia, dude.

one of us... one of us...

fist4jesus
Nov 24, 2002

Pixelante posted:

Many a goon has fled into the welcoming arms of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. Laos is pretty friendly too but you have to wake them up first.

The rpg was out of my price range when I went. They wanted 500usd + 100 for a cow. And rumor is the sights are off so you'll probably miss anyway.
I shotgunned some chickens instead, and grenaded a few fish while sinking beers. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Kinky sex. Find someone you trust who's into it and can show you the right places and people.

• Locked thread