Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
That squishy bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The romance part of this is pretty take it or leave it but Misuzu and Carol are amazing.

El Padrino
Dec 24, 2005

No es nada personal, solo negocios.
Just like the manga then.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Translating mochi woman to squishy bitch is everything localization should be.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Loved Carol with the Tazer too.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Misuzu make Carol cry. Unforgivable.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 29 days!)

Carol intensifies

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

series is over
carol wins
carol ending is it

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Ga~o

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Glad they blew this week’s animation budget on Carol at the end.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Carol's power is maximum :carol:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Misuzu make Carol cry. Unforgivable.

Good, that’s why carol never gets hugged

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Boys version ED was a nice surprise.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

another week, another episode of Tomo.

Misuzu work smile is great.

Keep at it Tanabe, maybe you reach her someday. Cheering for this as much as Tomo's

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Two episodes left? This one felt like a bit of a step back after Jun fully realized he was catching feelings last week and sang the ED song

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

jun.txt

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah that's tree guy

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
My favorite running gag is Ladykiller Tomo

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jun should keep the bug eyes permanently. They're very funny.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
They're already getting to the tree?

I thought that was like, six years from now.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
They've been blast mining their way through the comic, which is good because it spun its wheels for a while. They're also strategically skipping a couple things that sucked. If they skip that last lovely arc, we could have a drat solid adaption on our hands.

I still think they should have tag-teamed their way through that final arc. The author spent thousands of pages on showing how nobody actually cares that Tomo is tomboyish except Gundo (who's really just teasing, carrying a grudge against Jun, and/or reacting poorly to the fact that sometimes she's attracted to her). This could have ended with her demonstrating once and for all that this aspect of her is a strength, not a weakness or anything to apologize for. Either skip it or fix it, imo.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Glad they cut any comic strip with those random 2 gal girls, they never really added anything

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

GateOfD posted:

Glad they cut any comic strip with those random 2 gal girls, they never really added anything

begone

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'd watch a whole series of Tomo ladykilling the gals

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Sindai posted:

I'd watch a whole series of Tomo ladykilling the gals

:yeah:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sindai posted:

I'd watch a whole series of Tomo killing the gals

:twisted:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I read this manga in a couple of days, and I've been keeping up with the show. My only complaint is that there isn't more

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So is that how the manga ends or does it keep going after this? Or did this show make several leaps to the important bits and that's the whole story?

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Years since I read it, but it goes on for a bit at least, they throw in a final contrived obstacle of Tomo's dad not accepting they can date unless Jun can 'prove his worth'.

There's one more ep of the show left too, even though this ep seemed like an ending.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
That does sound contrived I thought they'd established that her dad is fine with anything as long as it doesn't involve him standing up to Akemi.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Apraxin posted:

Years since I read it, but it goes on for a bit at least, they throw in a final contrived obstacle of Tomo's dad not accepting they can date unless Jun can 'prove his worth'.

There's one more ep of the show left too, even though this ep seemed like an ending.

yeah i was wondering what they could do for a last episode because this seemed like a pretty clean ending

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
The competition continues into the bedroom?

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

So is that how the manga ends or does it keep going after this? Or did this show make several leaps to the important bits and that's the whole story?
Manga ending is:
- Jun asks Tomo's parents for permission to date her (because he is a goober)
- Tomodad demands that Jun prove his worth in a fight first (because he loves stereotypical martial arts drama)
- Tomo is pissed off at both of them
- Jun eventually challenges Tomodad (with Tomo waiting on deck to also challenge if Jun gets himself beat down)
- Tomodad fights with big intentional openings that Jun is too risk-adverse to go for
- Eventually he does take a swing and there's a metaphor about life
- Tomodad calls one solid hit good enough

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

of all the romcom situation tropes, i really hate the cinderella or romeo/juliet play one at the cultural festival. along with 'pretending to be boyfriend/girlfriend'

Misuzu looks so different in episode 12 without that thing in the her hair

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 23, 2023

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The trope I hate is the one where Carole doesn't get enough screentime.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The trope I hate is the one where Carole doesn't get enough screentime.

Cinderella was fine here because they played around with it imo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean in general, I don't watch anime.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I was worried how Jun as a tree was going to be animated but I gotta tell ya, it was perfect. Perfect, right down to the small details. :unsmith:

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

Show was pretty much a perfect adaptation of the source imo. Good fun from start to finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Did another studio assist with the finale? The art looks a little different but not in a bad way, maybe it's just the result of more time and budget

What was cut from the manga, I remember another short date besides the karaoke and xmas ones, and a small arc with basketball where the other guys in the class were gonna use it as an excuse to touch tomo. I think a lot of Tanabe stuff got cut but can't remember any specifics